Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Really... sounds like an over reacting scare tactic. a 10% tariff on boating imports from the US and the industry will never recover. How did they ever survive when the $ exchange rate changed. At the end of 2012 we were on par or slightly above par with the US $. Currently it's $1.32 Cdn to get $1 US. That's far more impact than a 10% tariff yet it seems boat sales have still been very strong. Some people may be impacted and perhaps buy a smaller boat or a smaller motor but if someone is buying a $100K + boat 10% variance probably isn't going to be a deal breaker to drive them out of the market.

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Really... sounds like an over reacting scare tactic. a 10% tariff on boating imports from the US and the industry will never recover. How did they ever survive when the $ exchange rate changed. At the end of 2012 we were on par or slightly above par with the US $. Currently it's $1.32 Cdn to get $1 US. That's far more impact than a 10% tariff yet it seems boat sales have still been very strong. Some people may be impacted and perhaps buy a smaller boat or a smaller motor but if someone is buying a $100K + boat 10% variance probably isn't going to be a deal breaker to drive them out of the market.

The exchange isn't helping boat sales.  An added tarrif won't make it better.  Show us the new boat once you buy it then if you believe it won't matter.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The exchange isn't helping boat sales.  An added tarrif won't make it better.  Show us the new boat once you buy it then if you believe it won't matter.

It will have an impact but I don't believe 10% will decimate the industry so badly it may never recover like the article suggests. If it can survive the Cdn $ value it can survive the 10% tariff.

As for the new boat.... I go to the boat show every year and come home with very little. I haven't found one that I like that much better than what I have to make me want to trade it in. I just like our boat. Not may bow riders have an 8' 6" beam.

I don't imagine the guy who bought the $249K pontoon or the 40' I believe Carver with the sold signs on them would see the 10% as a deal breaker and gone home empty handed.

If you're buying a $75,000 boat current price are you not going to buy it if it goes up to $82,500? Worst case scenario you buy one 2' shorter.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

It will have an impact but I don't believe 10% will decimate the industry so badly it may never recover like the article suggests. If it can survive the Cdn $ value it can survive the 10% tariff.

As for the new boat.... I go to the boat show every year and come home with very little. I haven't found one that I like that much better than what I have to make me want to trade it in. I just like our boat. Not may bow riders have an 8' 6" beam.

I don't imagine the guy who bought the $249K pontoon or the 40' I believe Carver with the sold signs on them would see the 10% as a deal breaker and gone home empty handed.

If you're buying a $75,000 boat current price are you not going to buy it if it goes up to $82,500? Worst case scenario you buy one 2' shorter.

That's the point, one settles for 10% less or heaven forbid, buys used.

You sound like a tire kicker.:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's the point, one settles for 10% less or heaven forbid, buys used.

You sound like a tire kicker.:lol:

If I find something that I like that much more than what I have I will likely buy it. The only real innovation I have seen so far from what I have is a flip up section of the sun pad at the stern to provide an easy walk through from the swim platform. That's not enough to motivate me to buy a new one. I haven't seen any at the show with the sense of roominess that ours has either.

I have considered getting a pontoon as well but just not ready for one yet. When I do the price is what it is and is just a part of the negotiation.

My point is that if you want a boat you are still going to buy one. You are still going to hand over the same amount of money that fits your budget. It's not going to decimate the industry irreparably as they want you to believe. The last two years at the boat show, even with the US exchange rate I have heard how strong sales are and one dealer I know tells me that two years ago was the best for sales they have ever had. Even with the poor exchange rate.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

If I find something that I like that much more than what I have I will likely buy it. The only real innovation I have seen so far from what I have is a flip up section of the sun pad at the stern to provide an easy walk through from the swim platform. That's not enough to motivate me to buy a new one. I haven't seen any at the show with the sense of roominess that ours has either.

I have considered getting a pontoon as well but just not ready for one yet. When I do the price is what it is and is just a part of the negotiation.

My point is that if you want a boat you are still going to buy one. You are still going to hand over the same amount of money that fits your budget. It's not going to decimate the industry irreparably as they want you to believe. The last two years at the boat show, even with the US exchange rate I have heard how strong sales are and one dealer I know tells me that two years ago was the best for sales they have ever had. Even with the poor exchange rate.

Go with stats or dealers you personally know regarding sales and margins.  Tarrifs hurt everyone.

I can't just add another 10% to my customers and expect them to swallow it.

But Fail said we are doing awesome!  I don’t understand!

Canadian economy hurting thanks to poor government decisions

• Toronto Sun
  • June 17, 2018
  • LORNE GUNTER
artimg_0016_0000_0001_.jpg  

May was not a good-news month economically.

Canada shed 7,000 jobs, bringing the drop in employment since December to nearly 50,000 jobs. Projected growth in our GDP was downgraded to under 1.5% for 2018. And Statistics Canada found Canadian firms intend to invest less than they did last year in new locations, new equipment, new hires — the fourth straight year of decline.

That’s especially bad news because job creation and economic growth next year are often based on investments made this year.

By comparison, the E.U. is expected to grow by close to 2.5% and the U.S. by nearly 4%. The closest bad-news economy to our own is the U.K.’s. That’s because Britain is in the midst of Brexit. The uncertainty of what happens next is keeping investors away.

American companies invested more in 2017 than they did in 2016 — about 3% more. And this year they expect to invest nearly 10% more than that. The U.S. economy is adding jobs even faster than we are shedding them.

How is this happening? Usually when the U.S. economy is expanding, our economy expands, too, as we feed them with raw materials, parts and finished goods.

We can’t blame this on Donald Trump and his stubbornness on trade. This began long before Trump became president. (Well, part of it is Trump’s “fault.” America’s economy is on the verge of a boom because the corporate tax cuts he forced through Congress have given the U.S. a clear tax advantage.)

Our troubles are almost entirely the fault of Canadian governments and their anti-investment rhetoric and policies, especially their “green” energy schemes and carbon taxes.

Our governments are using taxes to punish companies and suck up almost every extra cent ordinary wage earners are making. The federal Liberals treat millions of small business people as if they were tax cheats.

Canadian governments are also racking up massive debts and scaring away investment with their environmental regulations and carbon “pricing.”

“But governments are our friends and guardians,” you insist. “They protect us from the One Percenters and greedy corporations, and they provide us with essential services.”

Not even close.

According to Vancouver’s Fraser Institute, last year Canadian families earned an extra 3.3% in income, but taxes rose by 3.1%. In other words, for every extra dollar your family earned, governments taxed away 94 cents.

It’s like the Beatles 1966 song, Taxman: “That’s one for you, nineteen for me.”

The One Percenters didn’t do that to us.

For instance, the Trudeau government did reduce middle-class income tax rates, but they also got rid of so many tax credits that middle-class families are paying $1,000 more in income tax than before the Liberals were elected.

Because our leaders can’t get firm with environmental extremists and stand up to stubborn “green” politicians — like the ones who run B.C. and Quebec — we can’t get pipelines built. That has cost Canada nearly $100 billion in lost investment and reduced prices for our oil over the past three years.

And if you believe small businesses are the engine of our economy, consider what it means that since 1998, small-business startups in Canada are off by 50%.

When governments raise minimum wages, add reams of new regulations, double utility rates and treat farmers, entrepreneurs and professionals as if they were robber barons, that discourages investment.

Add the uncertainty caused by our governments’ obsession with “green” policies and who is going to invest their life savings in a new business or their shareholders’ billions in a pipeline?

Doug Ford’s election should improve the scene in Ontario, but all the damage done by “progressive” federal, provincial and municipal governments will take years to repair.

40 minutes ago, Sksman said:

• Toronto Sun
  • June 17, 2018
  • LORNE GUNTER

Canada shed 7,000 jobs, bringing the drop in employment since December to nearly 50,000 jobs. Projected growth in our GDP was downgraded to under 1.5% for 2018. And Statistics Canada found Canadian firms intend to invest less than they did last year in new locations, new equipment, new hires — the fourth straight year of decline.

That’s especially bad news because job creation and economic growth next year are often based on investments made this year.

By comparison, the E.U. is expected to grow by close to 2.5% and the U.S. by nearly 4%. The closest bad-news economy to our own is the U.K.’s. That’s because Britain is in the midst of Brexit. The uncertainty of what happens next is keeping investors away.

American companies invested more in 2017 than they did in 2016 — about 3% more. And this year they expect to invest nearly 10% more than that. The U.S. economy is adding jobs even faster than we are shedding them.

How is this happening? Usually when the U.S. economy is expanding, our economy expands, too, as we feed them with raw materials, parts and finished goods.

We can’t blame this on Donald Trump and his stubbornness on trade. This began long before Trump became president. (Well, part of it is Trump’s “fault.” America’s economy is on the verge of a boom because the corporate tax cuts he forced through Congress have given the U.S. a clear tax advantage.)

Our troubles are almost entirely the fault of Canadian governments and their anti-investment rhetoric and policies, especially their “green” energy schemes and carbon taxes.

Our governments are using taxes to punish companies and suck up almost every extra cent ordinary wage earners are making. The federal Liberals treat millions of small business people as if they were tax cheats.

Canadian governments are also racking up massive debts and scaring away investment with their environmental regulations and carbon “pricing.”

“But governments are our friends and guardians,” you insist. “They protect us from the One Percenters and greedy corporations, and they provide us with essential services.”

Not even close.

According to Vancouver’s Fraser Institute, last year Canadian families earned an extra 3.3% in income, but taxes rose by 3.1%. In other words, for every extra dollar your family earned, governments taxed away 94 cents.

For instance, the Trudeau government did reduce middle-class income tax rates, but they also got rid of so many tax credits that middle-class families are paying $1,000 more in income tax than before the Liberals were elected.

Because our leaders can’t get firm with environmental extremists and stand up to stubborn “green” politicians — like the ones who run B.C. and Quebec — we can’t get pipelines built. That has cost Canada nearly $100 billion in lost investment and reduced prices for our oil over the past three years.

And if you believe small businesses are the engine of our economy, consider what it means that since 1998, small-business startups in Canada are off by 50%.

When governments raise minimum wages, add reams of new regulations, double utility rates and treat farmers, entrepreneurs and professionals as if they were robber barons, that discourages investment.

Add the uncertainty caused by our governments’ obsession with “green” policies and who is going to invest their life savings in a new business or their shareholders’ billions in a pipeline?

Doug Ford’s election should improve the scene in Ontario, but all the damage done by “progressive” federal, provincial and municipal governments will take years to repair.

Well stated.  We need a royal flush of tard governments at all levels across this country.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

• Toronto Sun
  • June 17, 2018
  • LORNE GUNTER

Not even close.

:lol:  DOUG WILL SAVE US :lol: 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well stated.  We need a royal flush of tard governments at all levels across this country.

no it wasn't well stated, the article from ONEWAY SUN skips from topic to topic and from one government to another.  No mention of NAFTA affects and ends with DOUG WILL SAVE US.   

so well written even a ONEWAY RIGHT WINGER can understand it 

AC I don't know anyone not doing very well today, how about you :dunno:  are  your buddies closing the doors? 

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no it wasn't well stated, the article from ONEWAY SUN skips from topic to topic and from one government to another.  No mention of NAFTA affects and ends with DOUG WILL SAVE US.   

so well written even a ONEWAY RIGHT WINGER can understand it 

AC I don't know anyone not doing very well today, how about you :dunno:  are  your buddies closing the doors? 

Do you know anyone not sponging off the government?:lol:

I'm doing great cause the US market is on fire.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lets bring in more gays.  Trudeau votes it down.:lol:

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/liberals-vote-against-lgbt-refugees/

seems the CONs are not agreeing with each other lately and yet you expect a big win next year :lol:  

Max goes to the back for being against carbon taxes :lol: 

now voting for gays :lol: 

55 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

seems the CONs are not agreeing with each other lately and yet you expect a big win next year :lol:  

Max goes to the back for being against carbon taxes :lol: 

now voting for gays :lol: 

I'm with Trudeau on this one.:lol:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm with Trudeau on this one.:lol:

saw angry bro in-law today, he would fit right in here :lol: 

Harper great

Trudeau bad

Donny Great Trudeau should cave

Doug is going to be the greatest 

Wynne was worst ever

:lol:

OH this one was a surprise Donny and Kim is a win win for both of them :lol:  what happened 

after a huge rambling that noone asked of him, I then asked him how much money he lost under Harper and how much he has gained since Trudeau :lol:  he exploded :lol:  

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

saw angry bro in-law today, he would fit right in here :lol: 

Harper great

Trudeau bad

Donny Great Trudeau should cave

Doug is going to be the greatest 

Wynne was worst ever

:lol:

OH this one was a surprise Donny and Kim is a win win for both of them :lol:  what happened 

after a huge rambling that noone asked of him, I then asked him how much money he lost under Harper and how much he has gained since Trudeau :lol:  he exploded :lol:  

Sounds like a fun guy.:lol:

However how did Harper lose him money and Trudeau make it for him exactly?:pc:

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Stock Market - not that Harper caused it but it happened 

So his own bad choices.:lol:

I have been saying this for many years, I would not invest more than max 15-20% into Canadian markets and yes over 10 years there are standouts that have left the TSX index in the dust but they a few and far between.