Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Its been done long before he was able to Kyle and I don't have the time or patience to bother.

That's just silly. I took so much pride in cutting my dad's and grandfathers place at his age. Still do actually. 

:bc:

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That's just silly. I took so much pride in cutting my dad's and grandfathers place at his age. Still do actually. 

Well this is the new era.  We don't even do the grounds at the cottage, its not worth it.:bc:

I do get you though, I remember cutting grass for my neighbor when I was like 12, she was an accountant and got a bad divorce and asked how much to cut her grass every week.  It was a pretty big back yard, so I asked how do you think its worth?  She said $20, I'm like hell yah, I would have done it for $5.  That was a good couple of years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well this is the new era.  We don't even do the grounds at the cottage, its not worth it.:bc:

I do get you though, I remember cutting grass for my neighbor when I was like 12, she was an accountant and got a bad divorce and asked how much to cut her grass every week.  It was a pretty big back yard, so I asked how do you think its worth?  She said $20, I'm like hell yah, I would have done it for $5.  That was a good couple of years.

I hear you. I'm just going to let my ol man give my kid a dose of reality if he ever needs it. :lol:

I always make the grass an excuse to head to the cabin. Fucking push mower takes half the weekend to do it. 

See you in a few weeks maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I hear you. I'm just going to let my ol man give my kid a dose of reality if he ever needs it. :lol:

I always make the grass an excuse to head to the cabin. Fucking push mower takes half the weekend to do it. 

See you in a few weeks maybe. 

Looking forward to it Kyle. :bc:

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Please Fail.

stop your spinning in circles.

You said a government worker would cut 4 times that of a $30 private contractor.

There was no arguement about piece work vs hourly.

It was purely based on production and most logical people would assume equaly outfitted people.  Not a government guy on a large tractor vs a private contarctor with a push mower!

this has nothing to do with government or union work why do you keep bringing it up :dunno:  

link to the bold and before you do actually read what it says -

still trying to understand why you think piece work makes less money :dunno:

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I get my place taken care of by Latino Heat for about $180/month.  

if you hustle lawn care is good, you need a bunch of homes in one neighbourhood    sooner or later you will get bid out  so the hustle never stops. 

your lawn 10-12 minutes and he is gone?

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

if you hustle lawn care is good, you need a bunch of homes in one neighbourhood    sooner or later you will get bid out  so the hustle never stops. 

Latino owns it here.  Lol.

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

You ask a question about something not possible where I am

If I was to cut the nieghbours grass, I won't charge 15$ an hour and finish in 20 minutes.  I would charge 25$ and finish in 20 minutes

So you have 02ool who loves to complain about city grass cutters -  in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

Fail, here you go.

you said in one hour city grass cutters do 4 times more then 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

Did you post this?

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

this has nothing to do with government or union work why do you keep bringing it up :dunno:  

link to the bold and before you do actually read what it says -

still trying to understand why you think piece work makes less money :dunno:

Fail, show me one post where i have ever said piece work makes less money?

My posts are always the same. Government workers do not work hard enough for the pay they recieve.  

If a private contractor for garbage can pick up from 1,000 homes per day and city truck only picks up from 500 then city worker needs to hustle his ass off to keep pace with private or they will be replaced.

And that is why garbage was outsourced in city.  Not on wages as you think but on productivity as it was easy to beat the public trucks in households picked up.

If government union worker increased their productivity then there would be fewer people who think they are overpaid and lazy.  

Do you understand?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

You ask a question about something not possible where I am

If I was to cut the nieghbours grass, I won't charge 15$ an hour and finish in 20 minutes.  I would charge 25$ and finish in 20 minutes

So you have 02ool who loves to complain about city grass cutters -  in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

You just stick to making the big bucks sitting on FS all day and let the rest of us figure it out :lmao: 

What a f'ing joke Fail. The city has been replacing sections of curb and sidewalk on our street for the last two weeks. Yesterday they were replacing the asphalt between the curb and the sidewalks where they had to. How many city workers does it take to redo the asphalt in the boulevard between the sidewalk and the curb? Answer 16. Now that's real efficient. 1 guy driving the truck with the asphalt... he only drives and doesn't get out of the truck, probably against union rules, 1 guy who drives the front end loader and dumps the asphalt in the driveway. That's all he does too. Probably union rules again. 6 guys with shovels spread the asphalt. 6 guys stand around watching the other 6 with the shovels. Then there's the guy that sits on the roller waiting for the guys with the shovels to spread it and of course the guy who drives the truck with the trailer that tows the roller. He doesn't get out of the truck either.

Then the supervisor with his white hard hat shows up in his pickup truck. He takes a look for a minute, gets back in the pickup and waits for them to finish. Then he takes another look and they move to the next driveway and repeat the process. This time the 6 with the shovels pass the shovels to the 6 that watched on the last one.

The guy down the street had his entire driveway repaved last summer. They had about 4 or 5 people do the job and took about the same amount of time to do the whole driveway as the 16 city workers took to do the boulevard section.

Edited by 02sled

how is that relevant?  My job description is too large to talk about :hdchr:

If you do so much work over so many disciplines how is you have so much time at the taxpayers expense to post here all through the work day

15 hours ago, Sksman said:

So government worker comes in with large cutter to cut the field.

tractor costs $25/hour for fuel and maintenance?

cost of tractor is $25/hour capital cost and factor in replacement cost maybe more

travel time would be required

government union worker at $35/hour plus overhead and burdens so closer to $75/hour after all overheads factored in.

So government worker costs close to $125/hour to cut for 20 mins.

Now if it only takes a government employee 20 mins i would doubt that landowner could not find a local landscaper to do it for under $200.  Unless said owner only wanted grass cut once when its 2 feet tall and city tractor can cut it better then contractor zero turn.

But its your story tell it how you want.

Fail refuses to acknowledge those factors for anything. Something like debt is irrelevant the business costs beyond what you pay directly to the employee are irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Fail, here you go.

you said in one hour city grass cutters do 4 times more then 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

Did you post this?

Of course he did and of course he remembers, but then again maybe not. If it no longer suits his agenda he denies and deflects. 

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

About 15.  Remember I put fake grass in the backyard.:lol:

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Fail, here you go.

Did you post this?

not exact quote but close enough , did you read it? 

Your store front has a lawn,  you could have one of your employees cut the grass for 2 1/2 hours would  equal $30 - that is a lot of lawn that could be cut.

If you hired a grass company you wouldn'nt get much more than 8 -10 minutes of cutting

AC just posted his lawn cost $45 a cut which is about 10 minutes of work, he could pay his son $20 an hour and pay much less for his lawn

this was an example you are trying to make into something that isn't there

not sure what you are going on about, but doing piece work is far better than doing hourly work

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Fail, show me one post where i have ever said piece work makes less money?

My posts are always the same. Government workers do not work hard enough for the pay they recieve.  

If a private contractor for garbage can pick up from 1,000 homes per day and city truck only picks up from 500 then city worker needs to hustle his ass off to keep pace with private or they will be replaced.

And that is why garbage was outsourced in city.  Not on wages as you think but on productivity as it was easy to beat the public trucks in households picked up.

If government union worker increased their productivity then there would be fewer people who think they are overpaid and lazy.  

Do you understand?

if you didn't say that then why are you arguing about it :dunno: 

I was asked by AC if I would be happy with piece work, I said yes I would make way more money - gave a simple example

you argued about government workers and bullshit

41 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What a f'ing joke Fail. The city has been replacing sections of curb and sidewalk on our street for the last two weeks. Yesterday they were replacing the asphalt between the curb and the sidewalks where they had to. How many city workers does it take to redo the asphalt in the boulevard between the sidewalk and the curb? Answer 16. Now that's real efficient. 1 guy driving the truck with the asphalt... he only drives and doesn't get out of the truck, probably against union rules, 1 guy who drives the front end loader and dumps the asphalt in the driveway. That's all he does too. Probably union rules again. 6 guys with shovels spread the asphalt. 6 guys stand around watching the other 6 with the shovels. Then there's the guy that sits on the roller waiting for the guys with the shovels to spread it and of course the guy who drives the truck with the trailer that tows the roller. He doesn't get out of the truck either.

Then the supervisor with his white hard hat shows up in his pickup truck. He takes a look for a minute, gets back in the pickup and waits for them to finish. Then he takes another look and they move to the next driveway and repeat the process. This time the 6 with the shovels pass the shovels to the 6 that watched on the last one.

The guy down the street had his entire driveway repaved last summer. They had about 4 or 5 people do the job and took about the same amount of time to do the whole driveway as the 16 city workers took to do the boulevard section.

dont care I know you hate city workers - what does that have to do with this topic?

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

dont care I know you hate city workers - what does that have to do with this topic?

Simple... you keep touting how good and efficient city workers are and taxpayers get great value for our money. I say :bullshit: and have lots of examples to prove it but you can't see beyond your union brainwashed vision. 16 people at as you have suggested $35/hr cost the city $560 in wages alone to pave about 10 ft by 8 ft of space and that doesn't even come close to the real cost since it didn't include materials, the burdened labour cost the vehicles, depreciation, operating expense etc.

Likely city cost around $2000.00 +

Bottom line the productivity of a city employee compared to a private sector employee sucks.

Edited by 02sled

without childish insults

A person owns a business and building which has a front lawn

He employs many making min wage

He sends out a worker to cut the grass which takes an hour to do with a push mower = labour cost of 11.40 + $2 of gas

There is no company showing up at this business to cut his grass for 12$ or ever $50, the cost would be in this case over 10 times the cost

its irrelevant what they pay their employees

Thanks for playing

this has nothing to do with your hatred of government workers, its simple math

32 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fail refuses to acknowledge those factors for anything. Something like debt is irrelevant the business costs beyond what you pay directly to the employee are irrelevant.

see the above?  the lawn mower is 300$ and will last 20 years just like at home

this business could pay his worker for an hour or pay 10 times the cost  getting an outside company to cut it

pretty simple math

so would you rather work hourly or flat rate for the job?  piece work you know :dunno:

sorry that this has nothing to do with Unions or governments but continue to show your hatred

27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

About 15.  Remember I put fake grass in the backyard.:lol:

lol I know looks good.  Cement the front now put in a fountain and a couple of lions and you are all set :lol: 

so in your case you are paying $180 an hour for your lawn to be cut 4 times 15 minutes each

If you said to your son "I will pay you $60 an hour to cut the grass" , you would be ahead

I know you get it

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

see the above?  the lawn mower is 300$ and will last 20 years just like at home

this business could pay his worker for an hour or pay 10 times the cost  getting an outside company to cut it

pretty simple math

so would you rather work hourly or flat rate for the job?  piece work you know :dunno:

sorry that this has nothing to do with Unions or governments but continue to show your hatred

More Fail :nuts2:You're not going to get much of a lawnmower for $300 just for a start. And last 20 years just like at home. More :nuts2:Are you really that deluded that you could possibly believe a mower used likely 5 to 7 days a week for 6 hours a day is going to last as long as the one used once a week for 30 minutes will.

Just now, 02sled said:

More Fail :nuts2:You're not going to get much of a lawnmower for $300 just for a start. And last 20 years just like at home. More :nuts2:Are you really that deluded that you could possibly believe a mower used likely 5 to 7 days a week for 6 hours a day is going to last as long as the one used once a week for 30 minutes will.

wow

you can miss everything all at once, what a talent

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol I know looks good.  Cement the front now put in a fountain and a couple of lions and you are all set :lol: 

so in your case you are paying $180 an hour for your lawn to be cut 4 times 15 minutes each

If you said to your son "I will pay you $60 an hour to cut the grass" , you would be ahead

I know you get it

Should i try that with the wife and offer to pay her instead of the cleaning lady?  Lol.

The lions and fountain give it the Godly look.  We have trees and very little grass in front.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 9:42 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

She probably wanted more than her grass cut.....