Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

when I can make 3 or 4 times the money :dunno:   I think things would be okay.   You really don't know about trades and how it works do you? 

Make it now because its not long before the slow times

If you knew and believed in yourself you would have jumped, just like I did.  Don't need no lectures.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

If you knew and believed in yourself you would have jumped, just like I did.  Don't need no lectures.

You ask a question about something not possible where I am

If I was to cut the nieghbours grass, I won't charge 15$ an hour and finish in 20 minutes.  I would charge 25$ and finish in 20 minutes

So you have 02ool who loves to complain about city grass cutters -  in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

You just stick to making the big bucks sitting on FS all day and let the rest of us figure it out :lmao: 

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

If I was to cut the nieghbours grass, I won't charge 15$ an hour and finish in 20 minutes.  I would charge 25$ and finish in 20 minutes

So you have 02ool who loves to complain about city grass cutters -  in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

You just stick to making the big bucks sitting on FS all day and let the rest of us figure it out :lmao: 

To funny.  

Government union hack fail maker trying to tell us city workers cut 4 times as much grass per hour as a private contractor does. 

Please post up your proof!!

6 minutes ago, Sksman said:

To funny.  

Government union hack fail maker trying to tell us city workers cut 4 times as much grass per hour as a private contractor does. 

Please post up your proof!!

not what I said

follow along

Contractor will charge per cut per job lets say 4 acres - this will be cut in less then 20 minutes by an employee - same time frame as the contractor who charged far more than the 10$ the employee made in that time

get a grip

Edited by 1trailmaker

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Everything is possible. 

So your ok making 3x going rate so long as its going in your pocket.  Got no issue woth it.

Dont worry about me I'm good.:lol:

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

not what I said

follow along

Contractor will charge per cut per job lets say 4 acres - this will be cut in less then 20 minutes by an employee - same time frame as the contractor who charged far more than the 10$ the employee made in that time

get a grip

Look back Fail. 

You said government worker would cut 4 times what you would get for $30 of contractor to do. 

You implied government cheaper.  

Now post up the proof

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

Look back Fail. 

You said government worker would cut 4 times what you would get for $30 of contractor to do. 

You implied government cheaper.  

Now post up the proof

in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

How much grass would you get done hiring a company and offering $30? 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

in one hour they would do 4 times more than 30$ of contracted lawn cutting would get you.

How much grass would you get done hiring a company and offering $30? 

You are comical Fail. 

There is no way in hell a city worker such as yourself will out cut a private contractor.  

A private contractor bids a job for $30.  If they price it at that then you can pay that and get a quality job  

Your lazy city worker will wreck the mower, forget gas can, etc so they can sit longer in truck. 

Post up your proof?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

You are comical Fail. 

There is no way in hell a city worker such as yourself will out cut a private contractor.  

A private contractor bids a job for $30.  If they price it at that then you can pay that and get a quality job  

Your lazy city worker will wreck the mower, forget gas can, etc so they can sit longer in truck. 

Post up your proof?

without childish insults

A person owns a business and building which has a front lawn

He employs many making min wage

He sends out a worker to cut the grass which takes an hour to do with a push mower = labour cost of 11.40 + $2 of gas

There is no company showing up at this business to cut his grass for 12$ or ever $50, the cost would be in this case over 10 times the cost

its irrelevant what they pay their employees

Thanks for playing

this has nothing to do with your hatred of government workers, its simple math

1 minute ago, toslow said:

i understand your concept, but the government would send 6 employees to do the work of one. so at the end of the job it would cost more to employ government workers 

that is true, and they also rarely if ever work all eight hours they are paid, plus put in 35 years, retire at 55 getting 65% of their best five years wages averaged out for the next 35 years.

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

i understand your concept, but the government would send 6 employees to do the work of one. so at the end of the job it would cost more to employ government workers 

This isn't a "bash government workers" topic

We sold a piece of land to a developer.  He wasn't used to maintaining properties he owns for housing.   We got many complaints about grass not being cut, since people still think of it as a government own building ,  so we cut it for months and sent the new owners a demand to keep the lawn up.  He refused (at first) - The time was under 20 minutes to cut with large cutter.  I spoke to the owner and he ended up paying a company $200 a cut

A company has to make money right?

7 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

that is true, and they also rarely if ever work all eight hours they are paid, plus put in 35 years, retire at 55 getting 65% of their best five years wages averaged out for the next 35 years.

its 70% lol

but what people don't know including the ones about to retire is that at the age 65 your pension is cut near half depending on some factors.  OAS and CPP play a roll in your pensions.

I know some, thinking he is going to make 70k a year plus cpp plus oas - retires at 65 and say what the fuck? 

Putting 12% of your pay away every payday has its merits no doubt

25 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

This isn't a "bash government workers" topic

We sold a piece of land to a developer.  He wasn't used to maintaining properties he owns for housing.   We got many complaints about grass not being cut, since people still think of it as a government own building ,  so we cut it for months and sent the new owners a demand to keep the lawn up.  He refused (at first) - The time was under 20 minutes to cut with large cutter.  I spoke to the owner and he ended up paying a company $200 a cut

A company has to make money right?

So government worker comes in with large cutter to cut the field.

tractor costs $25/hour for fuel and maintenance?

cost of tractor is $25/hour capital cost and factor in replacement cost maybe more

travel time would be required

government union worker at $35/hour plus overhead and burdens so closer to $75/hour after all overheads factored in.

So government worker costs close to $125/hour to cut for 20 mins.

Now if it only takes a government employee 20 mins i would doubt that landowner could not find a local landscaper to do it for under $200.  Unless said owner only wanted grass cut once when its 2 feet tall and city tractor can cut it better then contractor zero turn.

But its your story tell it how you want.

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So government worker comes in with large cutter to cut the field.

tractor costs $25/hour for fuel and maintenance?

cost of tractor is $25/hour capital cost and factor in replacement cost maybe more

travel time would be required

government union worker at $35/hour plus overhead and burdens so closer to $75/hour after all overheads factored in.

So government worker costs close to $125/hour to cut for 20 mins.

Now if it only takes a government employee 20 mins i would doubt that landowner could not find a local landscaper to do it for under $200.  Unless said owner only wanted grass cut once when its 2 feet tall and city tractor can cut it better then contractor zero turn.

But its your story tell it how you want.

go with it

If you are going to argue Piece work makes less than an hourly wage earn I am fine with that, you are wrong but I am fine with your uneducated assumptions

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

go with it

If you are going to argue Piece work makes less than an hourly wage earn I am fine with that, you are wrong but I am fine with your uneducated assumptions

Uneducated?

My university degree says business economics on it. 

Whats yours Fail?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

go with it

I get my place taken care of by Latino Heat for about $180/month.  

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

go with it

Please Fail.

stop your spinning in circles.

You said a government worker would cut 4 times that of a $30 private contractor.

There was no arguement about piece work vs hourly.

It was purely based on production and most logical people would assume equaly outfitted people.  Not a government guy on a large tractor vs a private contarctor with a push mower!