Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Who else could you blame with his anti-business rhetoric.  What the budget isn't gonna balance itself?

3.0% 2017, 2.2% 2018, 1.2% 2019,  and staying there for 15 years. do you see a pattern?

lol - AC were the predictions wrong about 2017?  YES way off but who cares

Canada average for 50 years is .7 yearly growth

Canada average for 25 years is 1.2 yearly growth

Where is Trudeau's credit?  for the last 2 years?  ONEWAY

This is what happened when Harper lost his Oil Prices - compare that to Trudeau that never had those high prices.

Jan 2016 is the low from Harper Government

canada-gdp-growth.png?s=cge9qoq&v=201712

You are hoping for failure so you can vote Conservative back in - pretty weird

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol - AC were the predictions wrong about 2017?  YES way off but who cares

Canada average for 50 years is .7 yearly growth

Canada average for 25 years is 1.2 yearly growth

Where is Trudeau's credit?  for the last 2 years?  ONEWAY

This is what happened when Harper lost his Oil Prices - compare that to Trudeau that never had those high prices.

Jan 2016 is the low from Harper Government

canada-gdp-growth.png?s=cge9qoq&v=201712

You are hoping for failure so you can vote Conservative back in - pretty weird

Own it.

In a report released Tuesday, the consultancy said it expects Canada’s GDP growth rate to fall from a historical average of 2.4 per cent between 1995 and 2016 – a level of growth that outpaced all other G7 countries – to an average of just 1.2 per cent between now and 2030.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

From the article

it will mean lower incomes, fewer business opportunities and less government tax revenue for social programs than we would expect.”

Oh oh... Trudope and Wynnebags spending spree's will be impacted. There's only one possible solution for a Liberal. If there's lower tax revenue, simply create new taxes and raise existing ones to make up for the shortfall. Reducing spending of other peoples money is never an option for them.

35 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no where is either of those two mentioned

where is the credit for today?  come on ONEWAY

I am going to bet that the USA economy will be very similar then just as it is today - ONEWAY really has no clue

What planet do you live on!? It's sure not the same one as the rest of us!

#1 the article is about the performance of the economy in Canada

#2 Trudope and Wynnebag are the political leaders of interest to those living in Ontario Canada

#3 the article refers specifically to less government tax revenue for social programs than we would expect

#4 I made a sound basis prediction based on a consistent record for both Trudope and Wynnebag of a total lack of respect for taxpayers and their hard earned money. When faced with reduced revenue they simply take more

:nuts2:

11 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  okay ONEWAY

harperrecord-gdp.png

I am going to bet we will continue to recover and level out

You are betting on complete failure

I think this is an easy win for me

Its all relative Fail, compared to how other economies are doing.  We may have had 3.6% GDP growth but we were pretty much a banana republic by the Liberals were given the boot.  

Now we have another drunkard spending.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What planet do you live on!? It's sure not the same one as the rest of us!

#1 the article is about the performance of the economy in Canada

#2 Trudope and Wynnebag are the political leaders of interest to those living in Ontario Canada

#3 the article refers specifically to less government tax revenue for social programs than we would expect

#4 I made a sound basis prediction based on a consistent record for both Trudope and Wynnebag of a total lack of respect for taxpayers and their hard earned money. When faced with reduced revenue they simply take more

:nuts2:

no where does it mention any Government, no where does it say if we only had Harper back.   

from your narrow understanding of this, the article predicts Trudeau will be in charge for the next 15 years

The decline in GDP growth will be led by a 0.9 per cent fall in consumer spending,

another 0.3 percentage point decline in residential housing investment

and a 0.1 per cent decline in oil and gas related capital expenditures, the report said

no where does it way this will change, it is merely a speculation

personally I think Canada does very well economically - where you think it was only good under Harper and Mulroney :lol:  laughable considering those are the worst two in history

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

there is hope for you yet as you seem to grasp the idea that economies change and has very little to do with governments

We did better than most over the past 20 years.

Not sure there is hope for you though.:lol:

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

there is hope for you yet as you seem to grasp the idea that economies change and has very little to do with governments

Are you really as dumb as you type?

Government policy directly impacts the economy.  

Watch what happens when Moron taxes the shit out of the small businesses and at same time Wynne raises minimum wage 30%.

I know in your bubble it won’t hurt as government safety net there for you.  

But my kid who got her first job today has it until New Years.  Then she is done.  

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Are you really as dumb as you type?

Government policy directly impacts the economy.  

Watch what happens when Moron taxes the shit out of the small businesses and at same time Wynne raises minimum wage 30%.

I know in your bubble it won’t hurt as government safety net there for you.  

But my kid who got her first job today has it until New Years.  Then she is done.  

Okay lets wait and see

what can I expect from you if the economy is still rolling?  I know we can say it because of Brown :dunno: 

where do you think all this growth is coming from? 

Edited by 1trailmaker

Lots of small business owners have been crunching and re-crunching numbers for some time trying to figure out how they will stay in business as the lunacy approaches. Skyrocketing labour costs on top of high hydro prices. Some have said they will have to cut staff and work many more hours themselves to keep operating costs near where they currently are. They say so much for having a family life. The kids can maybe come and visit mom and dad at work.  

Others have been banging their heads against the wall and have concluded they will simply have to close up shop putting themselves and employees out of work.

Some have concluded they will have to pass on the increased labour costs, both direct and indirect to their customers, hoping that their customers will still buy their products / services at the higher prices.

So much for sunny ways. My neighbours kid and a few of his friends are saying they will be out of the part time jobs they rely on to help pay for their education come Jan. 1 

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Lots of small business owners have been crunching and re-crunching numbers for some time trying to figure out how they will stay in business as the lunacy approaches. Skyrocketing labour costs on top of high hydro prices. Some have said they will have to cut staff and work many more hours themselves to keep operating costs near where they currently are. They say so much for having a family life. The kids can maybe come and visit mom and dad at work.  

Others have been banging their heads against the wall and have concluded they will simply have to close up shop putting themselves and employees out of work.

Some have concluded they will have to pass on the increased labour costs, both direct and indirect to their customers, hoping that their customers will still buy their products / services at the higher prices.

So much for sunny ways. My neighbours kid and a few of his friends are saying they will be out of the part time jobs they rely on to help pay for their education come Jan. 1 

My kids job has not been impacted, as a matter of fact they just hired two more kids last week. Maybe your neighbor's kid is a lazy useless fuck.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I get a kick out of your posts :lol: 

Will these businesses be closing right on Jan 1 or will it be within  the next few weeks?  Will the owners be looking for work with other businesses that survived?

47 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I get a kick out of your posts :lol: 

Will these businesses be closing right on Jan 1 or will it be within  the next few weeks?  Will the owners be looking for work with other businesses that survived?

Stupid as usual. How the hell do you expect a small business to just absorb a 45% increase in their direct and indirect labour costs.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

My kids job has not been impacted, as a matter of fact they just hired two more kids last week. Maybe your neighbor's kid is a lazy useless fuck.

And is your kid working for a small business that runs on thin margins or a large corporation with deep pockets. Or is it that you got your dick head kid a job because he couldn't get one on his own. Maybe he's a stupid as you are and have a union protecting his job. 

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

wow now its 45%

dam I need some of that raise

Stupid stupid Fail, we've been over this but your shitty memory and piss poor comprehension keeps getting in the way. 33% is the direct wage cost when minimum hits $15 next year. The rest is the increased cost to the employer for EI CPP and WSIB. 

You also made a comment that will be echoed by many. I want a raise too. Those making above minimum now won't be satisfied to now be earning the new minimum. They too will want their 33% increase.

Edited by 02sled

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Stupid stupid Fail, we've been over this but your shitty memory and piss poor comprehension keeps getting in the way. 33% is the direct wage cost when minimum hits $15 next year. The rest is the increased cost to the employer for EI CPP and WSIB. 

try and stay current, you are confused enough

its 14$ starting Jan 1

This owner isn't paying more than 1 person minium wage out of her 5 employees - its bullshit 02sled and you stepped in it

Edited by 1trailmaker

26 minutes ago, 02sled said:

And is your kid working for a small business that runs on thin margins or a large corporation with deep pockets. Or is it that you got your dick head kid a job because he couldn't get one on his own. Maybe he's a stupid as you are and have a union protecting his job. 

Nope got the job on their own and works for a small business with nine employees. No union for a part time grade 12 student. A swing and a miss. Sounds like you got triggered. poor little snowflake.

29 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You also made a comment that will be echoed by many. I want a raise too. Those making above minimum now won't be satisfied to now be earning the new minimum. They too will want their 33% increase.

It is 24% on jan 1, with cpp and ei that will only add .7%, so a total of 24.7% in wage increases and only for those making min already, those making more say, 12.50, will see a raise to 14. and students get a buck less, so they only go to 13, if they are already making 13c, nothing changes. You are full of shit.

Edited by Muskoka Rider
x

11 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

It is 24% on jan 1, with cpp and ei that will only add .7%, so a total of 24.7% in wage increases and only for those making min already, those making more say, 12.50, will see a raise to 14. and students get a buck less, so they only go to 13, if they are already making 13c, nothing changes. You are full of shit.

You're obviously an employee and not an employer. There are a whole lot of costs in the background that the employee never sees that go into the fully burdened cost of labour.

Then there's the other costs that come into effect starting Jan. 1

• 10 days personal emergency time per year and at least two paid days per year for employees who have been employed for at least a week

Wow... work a whole week and you're entitled to 2 days off with pay - no abuse going to happen here or with 10 personal days. I wonder how many of those will be spent on the golf course. But of course none of that adds to the employers operating costs does it.

• ban employers from requiring a doctor's sick note from an employee taking personal emergency leave

No abuse there either. If you're sick, you're sick and you should stay home. How about the employee who gets conveniently sick on Mondays and Fridays only. Now you can't get them to validate they really were sick.

• 17 weeks off without the fear of losing their job when a worker or their child has experienced or is threatened with domestic or sexual violence, including paid leave for the first five days

For a significant matter like that a leave of absence to get your life in order is good. To make your employer pay for those 5 days on top of your vacation time isn't.

• at least three weeks' vacation after five years with the same employer

vacation should be negotiated with the employer - if you don't like what they offer in terms of vacation go work for someone who offers more. When the one employer can't get anyone to work for them due to vacation time, they will adapt and offer more (supply and demand)

• employees to be paid for three hours of work if their shift is cancelled within 48 hours of its scheduled start time

12 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

try and stay current, you are confused enough

its 14$ starting Jan 1

This owner isn't paying more than 1 person minium wage out of her 5 employees - its bullshit 02sled and you stepped in it

More over active over fertile imagination from Fail pulling things out of his head that weren't in the news item. :bullshit:  You're comprehension is still at it's grade school level as usual. I specifically stated that it would be 33% when the minimum wage hits $15. That's not Jan 1 2018 but the next year which I know.

So now you claim to know what her employees were making per hour. :lol:

Even if the employees were making $12/hr. that would still be a $2 increase now and a total $3 by the end of next year. Or like so many business owners have told Wynnebag which like you she is too stupid to understand. The person who is already earning $15/hr. commensurate with their skills and responsibilities isn't going to be satisfied with minimum wage and will want their 33% as well.

Any one know the difference between Paid vacation time vs Vacation pay?  How it will work next year?

Right know I get 4% of my yearly wage as vacation pay, plus my employer give me 1 paid week.  I work in the trades for a small business and get paid hourly.  My wife has a office job with a small business and get 5 weeks paid holiday.  She is on salary.

Are they getting rid of the 4% vacation pay?

1 hour ago, mxzx121 said:

Any one know the difference between Paid vacation time vs Vacation pay?  How it will work next year?

Right know I get 4% of my yearly wage as vacation pay, plus my employer give me 1 paid week.  I work in the trades for a small business and get paid hourly.  My wife has a office job with a small business and get 5 weeks paid holiday.  She is on salary.

Are they getting rid of the 4% vacation pay?

nope