Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I really don't care if someone visits a friend on holidays, something tells me you don't either but will since its all you have to go on. 

Why would I pay to go to a place I was invited?

You and I aren't the PM giving $M's of taxpayer money to that person's personal foundations/interests. It's called conflict of interest. It used to be common place long ago in business to accept personal gifts from those you are purchasing from however in todays world you get terminated with cause for accepting those gifts. It's made clear that accepting gifts is not allowed... You may be familiar with the term ethical. That's why Trudope is supposed to be reviewed by the Ethics Commissioner. Problem is he refuses to answer if he has met with the Ethics Commissioner or not and if so how many times.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You and I aren't the PM giving $M's of taxpayer money to that person's personal foundations/interests. It's called conflict of interest. It used to be common place long ago in business to accept personal gifts from those you are purchasing from however in todays world you get terminated with cause for accepting those gifts. It's made clear that accepting gifts is not allowed... You may be familiar with the term ethical. That's why Trudope is supposed to be reviewed by the Ethics Commissioner. Problem is he refuses to answer if he has met with the Ethics Commissioner or not and if so how many times.

why not ask the Ethics Commission?  Seems pretty simple instead of all this hoopla

nothing has changed with our deal with this foundation signed by previous government

Edited by 1trailmaker

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

His 12th vacation paid for by the taxpayer to an island  owned by a guy the Canadian government gives millions to.

Nothing to see, oh wait --------->  Mike Duffy.  Wrong way.

Hey AC you are always yammering about giving money to Businesses so they can invest

Explain

Earlier this week, Statscan’s annual survey of business-spending intentions showed that private-sector businesses plan to reduce their capital spending by 1.6 per cent this year, their third straight decline. This despite rising corporate profits (up 13 per cent year over year in the fourth quarter), and evidence that some non-resource export sectors are already running close to full capacity.

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I believe a PM should have some sort of perk, you know about these things it happens all the time for CEO's and sorts..

Why would you run for PM if  you get nothing for it?  seems that would chase good leaders away.

Perks?

Sure but there are conflict of interest rules one needs to stay clear of.  JT is too dumb to even understand that.

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey AC you are always yammering about giving money to Businesses so they can invest

Explain

Earlier this week, Statscan’s annual survey of business-spending intentions showed that private-sector businesses plan to reduce their capital spending by 1.6 per cent this year, their third straight decline. This despite rising corporate profits (up 13 per cent year over year in the fourth quarter), and evidence that some non-resource export sectors are already running close to full capacity.

What money are they giving to businesses?  So corp profits are up, they can pay that out to the owners/shareholders.  Warren Buffet once said if he can't get you a better return investing your money, he is better off paying it out.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What money are they giving to businesses?  So corp profits are up, they can pay that out to the owners/shareholders.  Warren Buffet once said if he can't get you a better return investing your money, he is better off paying it out.

so more profits doesn't always mean more investments like you claim :dunno:

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so more profits doesn't always mean more investments like you claim :dunno:

You think its a linear extrapolation?  You could just expand what you have but it doesn't mean your market share or sales will grow.  You could venture into something new, but that adds new risks.  

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You think its a linear extrapolation?  You could just expand what you have but it doesn't mean your market share or sales will grow.  You could venture into something new, but that adds new risks.  

So business is booming just not expanding :dunno:

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

who would have guessed

Let me explain it for you.

The business is doing well and has money to spare.  You can either take that money into a new venture, expand etc or invest it for say a 10% ROI.  What path would you take?

What is going to give you a better return?  Its complicated.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

why not ask the Ethics Commission?  Seems pretty simple instead of all this hoopla

nothing has changed with our deal with this foundation signed by previous government

You will never get it. You just don't accept free vacations from those you do business with and keep your job. At least not in the business world.

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You will never get it. You just don't accept free vacations from those you do business with and keep your job. At least not in the business world.

too funny - so if Trudeau paid like everyone else did that went, you would be happy?  so doubtful

how does this benefit Trudeau

Edited by 1trailmaker

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Let me explain it for you.

The business is doing well and has money to spare.  You can either take that money into a new venture, expand etc or invest it for say a 10% ROI.  What path would you take?

What is going to give you a better return?  Its complicated.

so you agree that the low investment from businesses is due to greed and not the government? 

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you agree that the low investment from businesses is due to greed and not the government? 

I'm not sure I follow.  You run a business to try and make money.  Governments change policies taxation etc that makes returns harder to achieve.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm not sure I follow.  You run a business to try and make money.  Governments change policies taxation etc that makes returns harder to achieve.

so its clear that  didn't happen since companies are making more money

thanks for playing

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

too funny - so if Trudeau paid like everyone else did that went, you would be happy?  so doubtful

how does this benefit Trudeau

If Trudope either declined a free vacation, like anyone in business would do if offered a free vacation from someone they give $M's to annually or paid his own way as that of his family I would be satisfied. I was offered a free trip to a conference in Vegas a number of years ago by one of our vendors who would be selling their products at the trade show portion of the conference. Rather than lose my job I declined their invitation and we paid for our expenses.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't forget Fail believes whole heartedly that business profits belong to the employees and not the owners of the business that take all the risks. However when the business isn't making money and is possibly even losing money the employees must not be impacted and still collect their full pay cheque while the owners watch their investment losses mount.

56 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Don't forget Fail believes whole heartedly that business profits belong to the employees and not the owners of the business that take all the risks. However when the business isn't making money and is possibly even losing money the employees must not be impacted and still collect their full pay cheque while the owners watch their investment losses mount.

Exactly what you did at sears.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/opposition-calls-on-bardish-chagger-to-follow-trudeau-and-recuse-herself-from-ethics-commissioner-hiring

The whole response from the Liberals is nonsense. How effing hard is it to give a simple yes or no to a question? This government is no different than any other previous one. More same ole same ole, from a new bunch of Liberals.

Cameron Ahmad, the prime minister’s press secretary, told Postmedia Thursday that Trudeau has recused himself from all matters regarding the new ethics commissioner’s appointment. Ahmad did not directly answer questions regarding what role Trudeau has played in the hiring process so far, whether anyone in his office will be involved going forward, or whether interviews have been conducted or a shortlist of candidates has been created.

When asked whether Chagger would work with the opposition parties to create a non-partisan appointment process, her spokeswoman, Sabrina Atwal, did not directly answer the question.

“Our government put in place a new appointment process which supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes,” she said. “Our aim is to identify high-quality candidates who will help to achieve gender parity and truly reflect Canada’s diversity. Our new appointment process is open, transparent, and chooses individuals based on their merit. We know that the work the conflict of interest and ethics commissioner does is important. We have full confidence that the Canadian who is chosen to fill the post will take the responsibility very seriously.”

LMAO!

The staffers that write this shit should be writing sit coms.

Edited by revrnd

NAFTA

Donny is going to play the "give me what I want or I take my ball and go home"  In the end American's workers  will pay for his arrogance.......

Looking back on Don's deals, he has crushed so many without a care in the world -  This is gong to be much different for him

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

NAFTA

Donny is going to play the "give me what I want or I take my ball and go home"  In the end American's workers  will pay for his arrogance.......

Looking back on Don's deals, he has crushed so many without a care in the world -  This is gong to be much different for him

We will all pay.  However his taxation and carbon policies will boost the American economy, unlike ours.