Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like I said, its all relative.  Fact is Canada did well against others for the past 20 years in managing its debt, Harper still reduced the debt to GDP while other countries continued to grow theirs.  I would give him good grades for steering Canada through one of the hardest wordwide recessions of all time.  Side of the mouth never experienced a recession, but we will have another soon, in a few years and JT's 30 billion deficit could rise to 90.  JT is heading us in the same direction his father did and I hope we don't have another shit show to clean up after.  Business investment is very low in Canada right now and has been since 2014, nothing JT is doing will change that, only making it worse.  There is nothing in his lame budget to stimulate investment, whether its foreign or domestic.  Those are the hard facts.

I can agree with most of that

I don't agree we will see 90billion deficit, we can leave the record of 55billion alone. 

I disagree Trudeau has done nothing for foreign investment

2016 Chinese and Canadian firms signed 56 deals worth more than $1.2 billion at a ceremony on Thursday, Canadian Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland said in Shanghai.

soft wood deal with China going on this week

2016 China The partnership, worth an estimated $20 million, is expected to strengthen the Chinese company’s relationship with Canada Beef and support the overall growth in exports and marketing of Canadian beef into the Chinese market.

That was just some of the More deals in one year than the last 10yrs

I think your fears are unwarranted at this time

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so far WE are winning against Trump, keep it up

I'll consider it a win against Tr mp when the new softwood duties are removed and the money collect FULLY returned.

12 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I'll consider it a win against Tr mp when the new softwood duties are removed and the money collect FULLY returned.

Softwood Canada vs USA is on of the oldest wars the states has on Canada.  Do you remember when it was 29% import tax?  We won that case in court and it was reversed and got back most of our loses

We again will come out ahead of the game as we have for 50 years.

Trump hasn't put tarrifs on wood yet but he says 20%, just like last time Harper won so will Trudeau.  Trump hasn't a clue how to make things  happen and has proven it in just 100 days.  House and Senate are Republican and he still can't get one bill passed :lmao:

Our quality of wood is desired in the USA

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I can agree with most of that

I don't agree we will see 90billion deficit, we can leave the record of 55billion alone. 

I disagree Trudeau has done nothing for foreign investment

2016 Chinese and Canadian firms signed 56 deals worth more than $1.2 billion at a ceremony on Thursday, Canadian Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland said in Shanghai.

soft wood deal with China going on this week

2016 China The partnership, worth an estimated $20 million, is expected to strengthen the Chinese company’s relationship with Canada Beef and support the overall growth in exports and marketing of Canadian beef into the Chinese market.

That was just some of the More deals in one year than the last 10yrs

I think your fears are unwarranted at this time

So our future hope is China?  All China wants from us is raw materials that they don't have enough of.  We have a lot more to offer, but China won't be buying any of that.

Our main trade is the US and then Europe should be the next focus.  China would be great if we can sell our advanced technology.  Our companies do not need Trudeau or Harper to sell for them.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

So our future hope is China?  All China wants from us is raw materials that they don't have enough of.  We have a lot more to offer, but China won't be buying any of that.

Our main trade is the US and then Europe should be the next focus.  China would be great if we can sell our advanced technology.  Our companies do not need Trudeau or Harper to sell for them.

Your statement said Trudeau has done nothing for foreign investments, you are incorrect.

You are also wrong about EU

BRUSSELS—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revelled in a long-awaited moment Sunday — signing Canada’s free trade deal with the European Union, but not before recognizing the challenges ahead to bring it fully into force.

“It’s not just signing the accords, as difficult and important as that is. It’s about the followup, that we continue to demonstrate and give tools to small and medium sized businesses.”

Something Harper couldn't get done

Trudeau’s host, Antonio Tajani, the president of the European Parliament, said Europe views Canada as an important bridge builder in its attempt to forge positive relations with the United States.

“It’s easier for the Canadians to speak to the Americans,” Tajani said, seated next to Trudeau at their joint press conference in Strasbourg, France, the seat of the bloc’s 28-country parliament.

The Trump-Trudeau meeting on Monday “paved the way for better relations between European Union and the United States of America,” Tajani said.

“We want to work with the Americans. Over the next years, the Canadian work is very good for relations between us and America.”

sorry about your luck AC and its only been a bit more than 1 year and deals made with most of the world economy -  I say that is some good government

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Your statement said Trudeau has done nothing for foreign investments, you are incorrect.

You are also wrong about EU

BRUSSELS—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revelled in a long-awaited moment Sunday — signing Canada’s free trade deal with the European Union, but not before recognizing the challenges ahead to bring it fully into force.

“It’s not just signing the accords, as difficult and important as that is. It’s about the followup, that we continue to demonstrate and give tools to small and medium sized businesses.”

Something Harper couldn't get done

Trudeau’s host, Antonio Tajani, the president of the European Parliament, said Europe views Canada as an important bridge builder in its attempt to forge positive relations with the United States.

“It’s easier for the Canadians to speak to the Americans,” Tajani said, seated next to Trudeau at their joint press conference in Strasbourg, France, the seat of the bloc’s 28-country parliament.

The Trump-Trudeau meeting on Monday “paved the way for better relations between European Union and the United States of America,” Tajani said.

“We want to work with the Americans. Over the next years, the Canadian work is very good for relations between us and America.”

sorry about your luck AC and its only been a bit more than 1 year and deals made with most of the world economy -  I say that is some good government

We didn't trade with the EU or the UK until Trudeau, who knew.   :lol:

Smoke another one.:lol:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We didn't trade with the EU or the UK until Trudeau, who knew.   :lol:

Smoke another one.:lol:

duh!

The deal signed was started 7 years ago but the deal was actually made and signed by Trudeau.  So that is bad? Harper failed at it.

just another deal you are going to ignore.  Its going to be a long 8 years for you while in denial.  You only care about money so you should be happy.  Not liking his fluffiness I can see since you prefer a more dry personality

Softwood Canada vs USA is on of the oldest wars the states has on Canada.  Do you remember when it was 29% import tax?  We won that case in court and it was reversed and got back most of our loses

We again will come out ahead of the game as we have for 50 years.

And around and around we go. All will be good down the road but what about the turmoil in the communities where people will lose their jobs? You sound like the talking heads on TV. It's OK, we've always won when we take our complaint s to the WTO & NAFTA.

I hope François-Philippe Champagne (our Minister of Int'l Trade) has some balls unlike his predecessor. The Americans aren't dealing with us because we're 'nice people' but because they want unhindered trade across the border (in their favour).

duh!

The deal signed was started 7 years ago but the deal was actually made and signed by Trudeau.  So that is bad? Harper failed at it.

just another deal you are going to ignore.  Its going to be a long 8 years for you while in denial.  You only care about money so you should be happy.  Not liking his fluffiness I can see since you prefer a more dry personality

How does this trade deal help Joe the deck builder?  

duh!

Hopefully only four years but if you lefties get him in for a second term I hope to god it's minority gov. Being "fluffy" isn't a good quality as a Prime Minister.

Money makes the world go round so you should care about it too!!

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

And around and around we go. All will be good down the road but what about the turmoil in the communities where people will lose their jobs? You sound like the talking heads on TV. It's OK, we've always won when we take our complaint s to the WTO & NAFTA.

I hope François-Philippe Champagne (our Minister of Int'l Trade) has some balls unlike his predecessor. The Americans aren't dealing with us because we're 'nice people' but because they want unhindered trade across the border (in their favour).

Trump is your typical RIGHT as he has to find its someones else fault.  Just like Milk the other day, he blamed Canada instead of their own process which is the true fault.

We will win because USA wants our lumber and many jobs both sides of the border depend on it.  USA can do what they wish and if that causes Job lose on our side, there isn't much we can do but go to the courts or whatever it is. 

The problem here is Trump is quickly finding out that governing is a business not even close to one.  Something you guys should take note of

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How does this trade deal help Joe the deck builder?  

It doesn't and why should it?  Joe needs to get out and find business instead of looking for governments to find him jobs.  But these deals help our economy something you are concerned with.  You don't give a fuck about Joe deck builder, no different than a window washer.

Edited by 1trailmaker

7 minutes ago, Let it Snow! said:

Hopefully only four years but if you lefties get him in for a second term I hope to god it's minority gov. Being "fluffy" isn't a good quality as a Prime Minister.

Money makes the world go round so you should care about it too!!

and being an idiot doesn't work well either, somewhere in the middle.  I don't see any new party leader coming in and taking votes away from Trudeau enough to win, we will see 2 terms maybe 3 if our numbers continue to look good as they are so far.

I don't think you guys realize how liked Trudeau is world wide, this is good and even better is Trump likes him (and his Dad)

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

and being an idiot doesn't work well either, somewhere in the middle.  I don't see any new party leader coming in and taking votes away from Trudeau enough to win, we will see 2 terms maybe 3 if our numbers continue to look good as they are so far.

I don't think you guys realize how liked Trudeau is world wide, this is good and even better is Trump likes him (and his Dad)

Good thing for us the rest of the world doesn't get a vote then. I (unfortunately) think he'll get two terms, doubtful for three. A lot of his votes this election came young know nothing about politics voters who only voted for him because of his promise to legalize pot, which he's way far behind on. A guy I play hockey with said to me one night "Josh you smoke pot you must being voting for the liberals". I said "no you fucking idiot, I care about this country".

1 minute ago, Let it Snow! said:

Good thing for us the rest of the world doesn't get a vote then. I (unfortunately) think he'll get two terms, doubtful for three. A lot of his votes this election came young know nothing about politics voters who only voted for him because of his promise to legalize pot, which he's way far behind on. A guy I play hockey with said to me one night "Josh you smoke pot you must being voting for the liberals". I said "no you fucking idiot, I care about this country".

well at least we know POT isn't a Liberal thing its something many do.  Wait to see who comes out of the closet once the door is opened.

I didn't see a concern when Harper got us into a small recession and the only country in one.  Of course this is be definition of 2 negative growths quarters in a row.  Our Growth has near doubled in the first year with more coming, by 2018 it will be triple of when Trudeau took over,  where is this bad you are all claiming.

Harper ran his course, its over just like the Liberals in Ontario ran their course and you will see a change. 

As for POT, Harper wanting more criminal charges and even jail time wasn't the best selling point to make.  Now you have Kelly doing the same thing :lmao: talk about out of touch. Kelly gives out more dangerous drugs then pot could ever be.  Yes an election can be won on a single point.

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

well at least we know POT isn't a Liberal thing its something many do.  Wait to see who comes out of the closet once the door is opened.

I didn't see a concern when Harper got us into a small recession and the only country in one.  Of course this is be definition of 2 negative growths quarters in a row.  Our Growth has near doubled in the first year with more coming, by 2018 it will be triple of when Trudeau took over,  where is this bad you are all claiming.

Harper ran his course, its over just like the Liberals in Ontario ran their course and you will see a change. 

As for POT, Harper wanting more criminal charges and even jail time wasn't the best selling point to make.  Now you have Kelly doing the same thing :lmao: talk about out of touch. Kelly gives out more dangerous drugs then pot could ever be.  Yes an election can be won on a single point.

First bold: Our debt sure will be if he keeps spending more money overseas than he does here.

Second: Please god let it happen. Fucking pathetic what she's been doing lately to try and save face, free drugs under 25 and "cutting" hydro bills.

Third: I agree. It's retarded to spend as much $$ as we do on prosecuting etc. The tax revenue will be nice, have to see where pretty boy spends his new found billions.

31 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

So now we have a charter issue where our Canadians rights are tossed out the window and cops can order a saliva test without presumption of impaired.  Even though these tests are know to give false readings.  Careful what you wished for.:lol:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So now we have a charter issue where our Canadians rights are tossed out the window and cops can order a saliva test without presumption of impaired.  Even though these tests are know to give false readings.  Careful what you wished for.:lol:

Our rights left a long time ago with the induction of RIDE, never mind paper checks on pleasure vehicles.  That test thing will not hold up, its a test right now and it will not hold up as it takes your DNA which is an invasion of privacy.   The courts will have a near impossible time proving impaired.  Specially with the comparison to booze impairment.

Whats funny is all of a sudden people (inset Poncho here) are saying "oh know impaired POT smokers on the road" when they have already  been on the road for 50 years without being noticed :lmao:  ..... Since POT doesn't build up like Alcohol does in your system, within a few hours after smoking there are no impairment affects to test.   They have to test you twice, once at point of RIDE then again at the station, its going to be too late in 99% of cases.  What will be the warning range? 

so many questions

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Our rights left a long time ago with the induction of RIDE, never mind paper checks on pleasure vehicles.  That test thing will not hold up, its a test right now and it will not hold up as it takes your DNA which is an invasion of privacy.   The courts will have a near impossible time proving impaired.  Specially with the comparison to booze impairment.

Whats funny is all of a sudden people (inset Poncho here) are saying "oh know impaired POT smokers on the road" when they have already  been on the road for 50 years without being noticed :lmao:  ..... Since POT doesn't build up like Alcohol does in your system, within a few hours after smoking there are no impairment affects to test.   They have to test you twice, once at point of RIDE then again at the station, its going to be too late in 99% of cases.  What will be the warning range? 

so many questions

Does it matter to your insurance co if the charges get dropped after you have to spend a small fortune to clear yourself. 

3 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

I like Rona most of the time she comes off very well. 

Again who is going to replace him?  everyone wanting  him to be fire, you don't want some window washer in this job. 

Certainly a stretch calling this a mistake - I wonder why he didn't just say he provided high intelligence for the mission.  dummy

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Does it matter to your insurance co if the charges get dropped after you have to spend a small fortune to clear yourself. 

probably not.

They will have to come up with something a lot better or there won't be any charges just like now. 

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I like Rona most of the time she comes off very well. 

Again who is going to replace him?  everyone wanting  him to be fire, you don't want some window washer in this job. 

Certainly a stretch calling this a mistake - I wonder why he didn't just say he provided high intelligence for the mission.  dummy

How many "Ah's" did you count in JT's response?

Rona is a pretty smart gal, not sure why she didn't want to run for the actual leadership.

The problem with minister of defense is he can't take back his actions with an apology, regardless of how PM Light sees it.  He basically shit on all those who have served and they must think him to be a low-life.

Don't put the window washer there but it would send a clear message to his MP's that lying and breach of trust will not be tolerated.  Also he is a complete idiot as if anyone would have questioned his real role, but I guess he didn't think it was enough.:lol:

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How many "Ah's" did you count in JT's response?

Rona is a pretty smart gal, not sure why she didn't want to run for the actual leadership.

The problem with minister of defense is he can't take back his actions with an apology, regardless of how PM Light sees it.  He basically shit on all those who have served and they must think him to be a low-life.

Don't put the window washer there but it would send a clear message to his ALL MP's that lying and breach of trust will not be tolerated.  Also he is a complete idiot as if anyone would have questioned his real role, but I guess he didn't think it was enough.:lol:

made a correction

This is why you are a ONEWAY

Is there any video of his speech he made the comment in?