Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilbur-ross-softwood-tarrif-1.4083968

Trudeau babbled away and thinks we'll be able to solve this in a thoughtful way.

CBC report must be bias. 

Do you suggest we don't subsidize these companies?  let them fend for themselves?  How do you feel about farmers?  let them die?   I assume you are all for folding and do what the USA says.

While Donald is putting up walls against Canada what is he doing about US companies using China to build products?  nothing :dunno:  .  Fuck Donny

Wow no way,  A son gets help from his Dad when he is in trouble. this is  Unheard of.  and Pot being such a serious charge.

Trudeau said his father contacted his friends in the legal community to get Michel a good lawyer. 

I wonder if he is the first person to have his charge stayed or tossed out. 

Horrible people

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

USA has always owed the most of any country, what is your problem?  We are not the USA and never will be thankfully.

I posted the numbers, they don't lie.  You can make excuses all you want, it won't change the numbers.  You have stated money is your only concern, yet you cry all the time.  We all know Canada did well in 2008 but come on AC we dropped off the G7 map by 2014. 

If you didn't get a better tax return this year, you are lying or have a horrible accountant.  One or the other or possibly made more than 230k breaking point

Well they are 10 times our economy so it's relative.  Harper added 1/100 to the debt compared to the US or 1/10 considering an equal economy.  Put it in perspective.  JT will surpass that in 4 years with no recession and will double it when we do have one.  

Enjoy your beer and popcorn tax refund. 

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

They make a big deal about giving you back a tiny bit of YOUR MONEY and then hope you don't notice or say much about taking 10 times that through other taxes

And the dope heads like Failmaker are eating it up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Wow no way,  A son gets help from his Dad when he is in trouble. this is  Unheard of.  and Pot being such a serious charge.

Trudeau said his father contacted his friends in the legal community to get Michel a good lawyer. 

I wonder if he is the first person to have his charge stayed or tossed out. 

Horrible people

How many Canadians have a PM or ex-PM as their father to bail them out of shit (drug-related or not)? He seems to say that this is the reasoning for legalizing pot. What if 'Sasha' Had been suspected of impaired driving & blew over? 

The vast majority don't have that 'get out of jail card' & you know it.

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

How many Canadians have a PM or ex-PM as their father to bail them out of shit (drug-related or not)? He seems to say that this is the reasoning for legalizing pot. What if 'Sasha' Had been suspected of impaired driving & blew over? 

Fail has missed the point big time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Its all about JT trying to fit into the middle class.  Or be portrayed as middle class.

If Steven Harper had said that or had a drug charge dropped for a kid their would be a civil war.  Especially with Fail.

But JT is a hero as it marginalizes drug charges as the PM's brother had one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

They make a big deal about giving you back a tiny bit of YOUR MONEY and then hope you don't notice or say much about taking 10 times that through other taxes

9 hours ago, Sksman said:

And the dope heads like Failmaker are eating it up!

if you are against a lower tax rate then give your refund back.  First decrease in 12 years that I will take.

02sled ? 10 times more from other places?  please post up where that is.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fail has missed the point big time.

Trudeau made the point :dunno:  what is there to miss? Do you really think hiring a Lawyer is something out of the ordinary.

Point is the law is stupid and no one should have a criminal record for smoking a joint - point lost on you

Edited by 1trailmaker

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Its all about JT trying to fit into the middle class.  Or be portrayed as middle class.

If Steven Harper had said that or had a drug charge dropped for a kid their would be a civil war.  Especially with Fail.

Doubt it,  besides Harper's last two year where he spewed "we must hate"  I don't think there was one negative post about him.  Matter of fact there were no posts about Harper on this site for first 8 years.

lol Drug charges :lmao:  its a fucking weed that grows wild, get out of the 1930's. 

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

29 to be exact - he hired a lawyer, I really don't see this as special treatment.  Are you saying you wouldn't help you boy? 

wow gone are the days of defending Rob Ford for being busted in Florida, smoking crack, getting hammered in his office.  Its his personal time :lmao:

fact is 75% of drunk drivers get off the charge for on reason or another, its quite common.  There hasn't been anyone in Canada sentenced for Impaired Pot driving.  I wonder why

Out of the million charged with pot every year, how many do you think actually get a record?  half? quarter? 100%

Yeah, he hired a lawyer. Anyone can hire a lawyer. But who you can afford varies. You can bet w/ PET's 'connections' he didn't call up Diamond & Diamond or Bergel, Mergence to look after things. I know they're ambulance chasers not defence lawyers, but you get the point. Do you think Joe Schmuck could afford Brian Greenspan (who defended Marco Muzzo) to defend their kid? That was the fear among the general public that w/ the Muzzo family fortune he'd lawyer up & get off.

The Shiny Pony's little story just reinforces the thought that justice can be bought.  

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

And failing miserably. His upbringing is so far removed than the average Canadian it's impossible for him to connect w/ the rest of us. I imagine most of us would've gotten our asses booted if we had skated around after high school. It would be interesting to know how long he was employed as a snowboard instructor, bouncer & drama teacher before he parleyed his last name as his springboard into politics?

23 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Yeah, he hired a lawyer. Anyone can hire a lawyer. But who you can afford varies. You can bet w/ PET's 'connections' he didn't call up Diamond & Diamond or Bergel, Mergence to look after things. I know they're ambulance chasers not defence lawyers, but you get the point. Do you think Joe Schmuck could afford Brian Greenspan (who defended Marco Muzzo) to defend their kid? That was the fear among the general public that w/ the Muzzo family fortune he'd lawyer up & get off.

The Shiny Pony's little story just reinforces the thought that justice can be bought.  

So now you are saying someone wealthy doesn't have the same rights as a poorer father?  and should not be able to hire expensive lawyers

I agree a better lawyer will get usually a better outcome, but why do you think Trudeau has no right to use the lawyer of choice? 

I see a ONEWAY here in a bad way

No one way here, I just feel that the PM can get a better lawyer than Joe or Jane Average. And for Unicorn Boy so offhandedly talk about it, shows he doesn't see the gravity of it. Maybe he should be asked if he'll pull strings down the road when his kids are older.

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

if you are against a lower tax rate then give your refund back.  First decrease in 12 years that I will take.

02sled ? 10 times more from other places?  please post up where that is.

How much do you think you're saving in Federal Income Tax Fail? Now weigh that against how much more you're going to pay in the carbon tax that Trudope told the provinces they had to implement by 2018 or he would do it for him. That's going to hit virtually everything you pay for as the cost is passed on to the consumer. My Enbridge gas bill for last month which is not the middle of winter had an extra $7.47 tacked on for cap & trade. That's 9.15% more on my gas bill. I'm looking at another $100.00 a year for natural gas thanks to cap & trade.

Cap & trade at the gas pump is 4.4 cents a litre with and 6.1 cents a litre for diesel. Last year I used about 4000 litres of gas for my truck alone. That's another $200 a year for just my truck thanks to cap & trade. That doesn't account for the increased money they will take for gas for our boats, sleds or my wife's vehicle. 

There is cap & trade buried in your hydro rates as well. The thieves don't want you to see that though.

All businesses will be impacted by the additional cap & trade costs for their operations and guess what. They will pass that on to the consumer. So we get to pay more for everything we buy thanks to government.

The tax rate on income between $45,282 and $90,563 drops from 22% to 20.5%, and the tax rate on income over $200,000 rises from 29% to 33%. It also means the elimination of the Family Tax Cut, which allowed couples with children under 18 to notionally split their income resulting in a tax credit of up to $2,000.

The average Canadian makes $53,820 a year. A 1.5% savings would be a whopping $807.30 a year to the average Canadian. How long do you really think it takes to see that $807.30 to disappear in other taxes? Thanks to the elimination of the Family Tax Cut they have lost up to $2000 which more than offsets that $800.

The TFSA contribution was lowered from $10K to $5.5K. More taxes paid is the end result. Just not in basic income tax rate. It means you pay more on investment earnings both provincially and federally.

Bottom line... they give the average Canadian the ability to keep $800 of their own money but take that and more away in bits and pieces with other taxes. The biggest hit will be cap & trade.

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doubt it,  besides Harper's last two year where he spewed "we must hate"  I don't think there was one negative post about him.  Matter of fact there were no posts about Harper on this site for first 8 years.

lol Drug charges :lmao:  its a fucking weed that grows wild, get out of the 1930's. 

What an idiot... cocaine comes from the coca plant that is native to South America.

Cocaine overdose victims comprise close to 10 percent of all admissions to public-funded addiction and substance abuse treatment programs.

Do you support the use of cocaine and it being legal. After all it comes from a plant that grows wild.

22 minutes ago, 02sled said:

How much do you think you're saving in Federal Income Tax Fail? Now weigh that against how much more you're going to pay in the carbon tax that Trudope told the provinces they had to implement by 2018 or he would do it for him. That's going to hit virtually everything you pay for as the cost is passed on to the consumer. My Enbridge gas bill for last month which is not the middle of winter had an extra $7.47 tacked on for cap & trade. That's 9.15% more on my gas bill. I'm looking at another $100.00 a year for natural gas thanks to cap & trade.

Cap & trade at the gas pump is 4.4 cents a litre with and 6.1 cents a litre for diesel. Last year I used about 4000 litres of gas for my truck alone. That's another $200 a year for just my truck thanks to cap & trade. That doesn't account for the increased money they will take for gas for our boats, sleds or my wife's vehicle. 

There is cap & trade buried in your hydro rates as well. The thieves don't want you to see that though.

All businesses will be impacted by the additional cap & trade costs for their operations and guess what. They will pass that on to the consumer. So we get to pay more for everything we buy thanks to government.

The tax rate on income between $45,282 and $90,563 drops from 22% to 20.5%, and the tax rate on income over $200,000 rises from 29% to 33%. It also means the elimination of the Family Tax Cut, which allowed couples with children under 18 to notionally split their income resulting in a tax credit of up to $2,000.

The average Canadian makes $53,820 a year. A 1.5% savings would be a whopping $807.30 a year to the average Canadian. How long do you really think it takes to see that $807.30 to disappear in other taxes? Thanks to the elimination of the Family Tax Cut they have lost up to $2000 which more than offsets that $800.

The TFSA contribution was lowered from $10K to $5.5K. More taxes paid is the end result. Just not in basic income tax rate. It means you pay more on investment earnings both provincially and federally.

Bottom line... they give the average Canadian the ability to keep $800 of their own money but take that and more away in bits and pieces with other taxes. The biggest hit will be cap & trade.

we are all against cap and trade, but its provincial and did not come in to effect until this year in Ontario,  so your point one is not valid. 

2- instead of giving the richer a tax break with income splitting and only those that have kids  not the single parent, today YOU/we get that tax break - crying about nothing

3- all families with children get more money today than under any previous legislation, this is fact.  The lower income family that Income splitting did nothing for now receives twice what they used to get. 

TFSA get over it, that only helped the wealthy - currently you can save 100k in 20 years tax free per person.  The better off saves 200k tax free.  Not sure why you want to give the wealthier more tax breaks that the lower income earner pays for. 

How much did Harper give the masses?  show your long winded post on that.

start with a single mom

than a married couple without children

There is no loss here, only in your ONEWAY mind.  by the way you stated income splitting saves 2k,  under this new tax break a family can get 1600 back (800 each) and if they have kids, they get even more.

30 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What an idiot... cocaine comes from the coca plant that is native to South America.

Cocaine overdose victims comprise close to 10 percent of all admissions to public-funded addiction and substance abuse treatment programs.

Do you support the use of cocaine and it being legal. After all it comes from a plant that grows wild.

yes I do

cocaine is not easy to OD on and near impossible to die from,  possible heart attack for some can happen and this is usually because of heart conditions.

cocaine is big business for high end users like Lawyers and doctors that function quite well. 

compare Cocaine to Oxy and you will see a huge difference in death and OD's for man made prescription drugs.

fentanyl is killing people everyday in Canada, this should be your worry as its very dangerous and kids are passing it around like candy.

man made drugs are very dangerous, your concern is zero yet POT is bad and totally against it. 

worry about the Doctor Dealer you will save lives