Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

1 hour ago, irv said:

When I say you're stupid, do you take it as a challenge to outdo yourself? :dunno:

Also, do you not find it just a little too convenient, since these numbers and news are from a month ago, that MSM up here is now talking exuberantly about it, just like you, while lots of Trudeau talk about his WE scandal is now upon us? Nah, of course you don't, you still think The Toronto Star and CTV news are as unbiased and truthful as they come and this story about employment is no deflection at all.  

"Whether or not you believe that Canada created about 290,000 jobs last month depends, critically, upon what fraction of those who worked no hours in May but said they were employed will ultimately return to their jobs," Holt said.

Right now, the millions of people on Canada's federal government wage subsidy program are not considered to be unemployed, despite not actively working, "and hence not as a lost job," Holt noted. "Some will indeed return to full or part hours, and we all hope this to be the case for all, [but] some won't regain the full hours they had before ... and some will not return at all."

If those people don't return to active work, May's job surge could vanish as swiftly as it appeared. 

"I'm pretty comfortable with assuming that a sizeable fraction of such workers may well not return, such that taking at face value that Canada created 290,000 jobs makes me uncomfortable," he said.

Not all good news

Even if one takes the optimistic view, the report had a few negative numbers beneath the headline.

Porter noted that at 13.7 per cent, Canada's jobless rate is at its highest point since the Second World War. And "that leaves Canada with the dubious distinction of having the highest unemployment rate among all major economies," he said.

But despite that two-month stretch, there are still 1.8 million fewer jobs in Canada today than there were in February.

The headline (and market moving number) showed the number of jobs created in Canada. Employment increased by 290,000 jobs in May, compared to the month before. This is a recovery of about 10.6% of job losses pre-pandemic. Diving a little further into these numbers, we see this is mostly a Quebec story.

Quebec accounted for the vast majority of all jobs created in the monthly period. The LFS estimates 231,000 of the job increases in May were in Quebec, about 80% of the total across Canada. Major returns were in construction (58,000), manufacturing (56,000), and wholesale and retail trade (54,000).  Even with this job increase, the total unemployment rate continued to climb as more people searched for work.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

classic :lmao:   

Still nothing, cement head? :dunno:

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

This is just to distract from Trudeau's record setting jobs created 935 000 in 31 days...

How come fake news isn't talking about this :dunno: 

IRV said he lost those jobs so this means he gained them, according to IRV 

Your are a tool. Really.

The economy starts to open back up, people go back to the jobs they were doing before the pandemic and temporarily laid off from and you blush and gush about Justin the great.

Now Justin caught again in scandal and you try to rationalize a public official giving a questionable charity a huge sole sourced contract when his mother is paid over $300,000 in the last 3 years to speak at events.  And his finance ministers kid works at WE.

And yes it is a questionable charity because We is “not” for profit but the ME to WE company that has intermingled finances and transactions with WE charity and controlled by same two brothers is a for profit company.   

What a brilliant way to rake in piles of money.  

Corporate donations funnelled into MEto WE company to handle events and used to pay speakers and guests etc and then some of the donations and revenues generated on the presumption of all benefiting charity and students and then a portion gets filtered into WE charity.  

While the Kielburger brothers become rich!   How else do they amass the huge real estate holdings they have whilerunning a charity?

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

record setting job creation :lol: 

you are getting it, see how dumb that sounds?  Yet IRV is posting unemployment numbers thinking it is bad for Trudeau.  And you lap dogs wag your tail over it.

:lol:

SK can't see this either 

ONEWAYS are classic 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you are getting it, see how dumb that sounds?  Yet IRV is posting unemployment numbers thinking it is bad for Trudeau.  And you lap dogs wag your tail over it.

SK can't see this either 

ONEWAYS are classic 

Do you wear your hockey helmet 24/7, 365 days a year? If you don't, I understand the reasons as it is clearly too late for that now. O.o

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who would trust this scatter brain with making a peanut butter sandwich?

Sure Maggie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1282024376049840129?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

following post millennial :lol: 

I wonder why no up in arms about the 912 million dollars being doled out?  I am sure the POST Millennial crack news team doesn't understand what is really going on, their goal isn't information it is hate and lies

Hopefully all charities get taken down by the RIGHT HATE 

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

following post millennial :lol: 

I wonder why no up in arms about the 912 million dollars being doled out?  I am sure the POST Millennial crack news team doesn't understand what is really going on, their goal isn't information it is hate and lies

Hopefully all charities get taken down by the RIGHT HATE 

Fail skimming from the charity is the issue.  There is no scenario when it's ok.

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

? who is skimming?  just wondering

they were sole sourced a contract that was not required. Given $20M to be a middle man to dole out federal funds. Are you literally this blind or just simply choose to ignore flat out criminality? 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

they were sole sourced a contract that was not required. Given $20M to be a middle man to dole out federal funds. Are you literally this blind or just simply choose to ignore flat out criminality? 

:lol:  why is the ethics committee investigating this and not the RCMP :dunno: 

YOU really don't understand how the LAW works 

anyway I see you are slowing changing your story, at least now you realize they didn't give WE 900 billion like you were claiming.  

AC is claiming the Trudeau's are stealing money from WE - which is really strange

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  why is the ethics committee investigating this and not the RCMP :dunno: 

YOU really don't understand how the LAW works 

anyway I see you are slowing changing your story, at least now you realize they didn't give WE 900 billion like you were claiming.  

AC is claiming the Trudeau's are stealing money from WE - which is really strange

Stop lying you imbecile. Link where I ever mentioned $900B or STFU and quit making shit up.

Secondly, you have zero understanding of how government works. They never procure the services of outside organizations to deliver government funding for profit. Ever. Let alone direct a sole source contract to an organization that employs family members of the ruling party. Retard. 

Edited by frenchy

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Stop lying you imbecile. Link where I ever mentioned $900B or STFU and quit making shit up.

Secondly, you have zero understanding of how government works. They never procure the services of outside organizations to deliver government funding for profit. Ever. Let alone direct a sole source contract to an organization that employs family members of the ruling party. Retard. 

what is the profit?  paying employees isn't profiting - now it will be Federal employees that get that money for administrating the funds

weird 

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

what is the profit?  paying employees isn't profiting - now it will be Federal employees that get that money for administrating the funds

weird 

no they won't there is no need to pay $20M to a middle man to hand out government funding. 

11 minutes ago, frenchy said:

no they won't there is no need to pay $20M to a middle man to hand out government funding. 

how many employees would it take to administer the program?

seems high but than again we really don't know how big or how much is involved 

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

how many employees would it take to administer the program?

seems high but than again we really don't know how big or how much is involved 

every other Covid relief project is being administered by the feds. Why the sudden need for this one to be administered by WE to the tune of $20M? 

Just stop running cover for your precious and admit the whole thing stinks.