This death penalty case started way back in 1992!!

Holyshit, wtf ??  27 years is way too long! 

South Dakota executes man in '92 slaying of former co-worker

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — A man who fatally stabbed a former co-worker who interrupted him during a 1992 burglary was executed Monday in South Dakota.

Charles Russell Rhines died by lethal injection at the state prison in Sioux Falls at 7:39 p.m. Rhines had brushed off a plea for mercy from 22-year-old Donnivan Schaeffer in the slaying at a Rapid City doughnut shop.  more details link below. 

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/south-dakota-execution-waits-for-supreme-court-action/article_53ff318a-69ba-5df0-b015-4b8b60f273f3.html

• Gold Member

This is why I don't support the death penalty as a a deterrent. Its just not much of a realistic deterrent. 30 years on death row? That's just stupid.

However I do think it should remain legal because some people just gotta be killed, some do shit so terrible that they forfeit the right to live.

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

This is why I don't support the death penalty as a a deterrent. Its just not much of a realistic deterrent. 30 years on death row? That's just stupid.

However I do think it should remain legal because some people just gotta be killed, some do shit so terrible that they forfeit the right to live.

those are the ones that should be taken in back of court house and shot moments after sentence is given 

• Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

It can also be used as a bargaining chip to force a killer to give up the location of a body. Giving the families at least some closure if nothing else.

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The absolute most costly form of punishment. 

These type of statements without giving the reasons why is another form of deception of your audience.   And the next comment is usually something along the lines of "Is what I said not true?"   Why don't you explain why you say it?

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

These type of statements without giving the reasons why is another form of deception of your audience.   And the next comment is usually something along the lines of "Is what I said not true?"   Why don't you explain why you say it?

because he has nothing would be my guess

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The type of statements he makes about anything are all designed for useless dems who fall for them. 

I believe they started that argument after declaring abortion a cost saving measure . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The absolute most costly form of punishment. 

Because of how we handle it yes.   Still needs to be on the books and used occasionally as its used as a bargaining chip so killers tell LE where the remains are.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Because of how we handle it yes.   Still needs to be on the books and used occasionally as its used as a bargaining chip so killers tell LE where the remains are.  

And it keeps em from gatting a freebie killing a CO

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Spin is right, the way we do it in America is highly expensive. Mostly government funded defense, unlimited appeals... Its not cheap to execute someone these days.

12 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Spin is right, the way we do it in America is highly expensive. Mostly government funded defense, unlimited appeals... Its not cheap to execute someone these days.

It’s much cheaper to to tuck em away for the rest of their natural lives. 

So anti- death penalty supporters  should have to pay for the entire life of the convict.,., right???

:lol:

I don’t think anyone should receive death penalty on circumstantial evidence. I think we can fast track some killers,  With cameras everywhere now and mass shooters with multiple witnesses. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

COSTS: New Study Reveals California Has Spent $4 Billion on the Death Penalty

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/costs-new-study-reveals-california-has-spent-4-billion-on-the-death-penalty

308 million per execution. They are not doing it right.