BRP Dealer in Toronto

Poncho

On 10/29/2019 at 1:47 PM, Poncho said:

Yes I saw that......no BRP for sure.....I'm guessing t's still in the air exactly what product line fits the niche crowd; however,...the Yamaha line has watercraft, sleds and 4 wheeler as did BRP.....just saying

They sell more bikes anyways and BRP likes their dealers to be more exclusive.  Smart move on their part, IMO.

7 hours ago, steve6 said:

Just go to Quinns, they will treat you well. Went in there last night, its chaos there but decent enough service.

I thought so too, great dealings for a bunch of years, considered friends and then got completely lied to and fucked over. I doubt I'll buy new BRP again but it sure won't be from Quinn's. With SC gone I'll be using Gateway, they've become real good to deal with.

Edited by Tinker

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I thought so too, great dealings for a bunch of years, considered friends and then got completely lied to and fucked over. I doubt I'll buy new BRP again but it sure won't be from Quinn's. With SC gone I'll be using Gateway, they've become real good to deal with.

I switched from Gateway to HB Cycle. It's a little closer lol

19 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I’ve been using Gateway, I pass by it on the way to the cottage, and have had good luck as well.  

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

I’ve been using Gateway, I pass by it on the way to the cottage, and have had good luck as well.  

For what? They are strictly a Doo dealer are they not? 

I assume the old Bonter's is up and running now? It looked like it was almost finished the few times I went into Marmora this year. 

40 minutes ago, irv said:

For what? They are strictly a Doo dealer are they not? 

I assume the old Bonter's is up and running now? It looked like it was almost finished the few times I went into Marmora this year. 

I have a Seadoo and sometimes need the odd part and a few years back a 1200, so I’ve been there a few times.  I have had limited exposure to your good buddy Bonter. Mostly deal with Sandy at Wayne’s World in Bancroft

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

I have a Seadoo and sometimes need the odd part and a few years back a 1200, so I’ve been there a few times.  I have had limited exposure to your good buddy Bonter. Mostly deal with Sandy at Wayne’s World in Bancroft

:lol:Were you not defending them when I wasn't putting them in high regard? :news:

8 hours ago, irv said:

:lol:Were you not defending them when I wasn't putting them in high regard? :news:

Nope, never defended them, just was bugging you.  For the record I've only been to Bonters one or two times in the last 4 years.  I think I bought a bought spare belt for the XCR and a set of wind deflectors, that's it.  Now in the late 70's and 80's, I used to drop in every time I drove by, that was a "smaller" world back then.  It was more to my point that some dealerships don't last....for whatever reason; Tinker mentioned he had a great experience with Quinns for years, then one day they went full retard.  Shit happens.  The new Bonters is now complete, I might stop in to see what they have.  Car, Boat dealers and Banks, all the same; you figure if you drop a couple hundred grand they should at least treat you special.  Nope, you are just another dude walking in the front door, because there are thousands more of the same right begin you..  

Edited by Poncho

36 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Nope, never defended them, just was bugging you.  For the record I've only been to Bonters one or two times in the last 4 years.  I think I bought a bought spare belt for the XCR and a set of wind deflectors, that's it.  Now in the late 70's and 80's, I used to drop in every time I drove by, that was a "smaller" world back then.  It was more to my point that some dealerships don't last....for whatever reason; Tinker mentioned he had a great experience with Quinns for years, then one day they went full retard.  Shit happens.  The new Bonters is now complete, I might stop in to see what they have.  Car, Boat dealers and Banks, all the same; you figure if you drop a couple hundred grand they should at least treat you special.  Nope, you are just another dude walking in the front door, because there are thousands more of the same right begin you..  

I don't expect special treatment when I'm out shopping for toys/vehicles. I expect decent service and done right instead of shoddy workmanship. Too many dealers have some kid/flunky working on your stuff and don't give a shit

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tinker said:

Don't blame ya there, shitty service is the worst to deal with. I've only bought two brand new sleds and 1 was brp from quinns.

6 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Don't blame ya there, shitty service is the worst to deal with. I've only bought two brand new sleds and 1 was brp from quinns.

There's good and bad everywhere you go. I had a Honda ATV in for repair and when I went to pick it up (they said it was ready) and some kid brought it out it wasn't and there were parts missing off it. I took it to another dealer,they fixed it and sent the bill to the previous dealer. A ten hr service on two new sleds and none of the plastics were put back on and a couple grommets were missing. They had to come out and fix everything. A new sled and went in for the ten hr service. The tailight was burned out and tried to charge me $17 for a new bulb. These are various dealers over the years and little shit things like that shouldn't happen

4 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Waaaaay more than shitty service.

My 2016 snowcheck 1200X was wrenched on and fucked with before I got it and they tried to hide it. I was compensated for that but then blamed for 1 of the first drive by wire problems with the sled which I did not do. The sled never worked properly and was down right dangerous to drive and it went back to BRP after a year of them trying to fix it. I did get Loaners and got my season in and all seemed well as BRP agreed to replace the sled, I was even privy to the emails agreeing to it. Then delivery of the 2018 X was withheld until I paid for the sled with my 2016 as a trade-in and BRP wanted mileage compensation for ~1200 miles that was put on it while it was trying to be fixed for over a year. Needless to say I lost my shit but took it on the chin as it was January and I needed a sled. BRP did nothing despite the proof that they agreed to replace the Lemon and as far as I know they did replace the sled to Quinn's. Quinn's apparently needed a piece of my ass after 2 years of being fucked around. Live n learn...

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I don't expect special treatment when I'm out shopping for toys/vehicles. I expect decent service and done right instead of shoddy workmanship. Too many dealers have some kid/flunky working on your stuff and don't give a shit

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's good and bad everywhere you go. I had a Honda ATV in for repair and when I went to pick it up (they said it was ready) and some kid brought it out it wasn't and there were parts missing off it. I took it to another dealer,they fixed it and sent the bill to the previous dealer. A ten hr service on two new sleds and none of the plastics were put back on and a couple grommets were missing. They had to come out and fix everything. A new sled and went in for the ten hr service. The tailight was burned out and tried to charge me $17 for a new bulb. These are various dealers over the years and little shit things like that shouldn't happen

That is why I try to do everything myself. Google and forums are full of info/vids that can guide you through most problems fairly easily. My motor (old Nissan outboard) years ago, blew, so I took it to a shop. I couldn't believe these guys were in business. New power head was installed but the guy couldn't figure out the oil injection system (it had air in the line and he didn't want to fire it up like that) 

After many delays, my bud and I went to the shop and I had to show him how to do it. I couldn't believe the guy had a marine mechanics license much less ran this business. Another guy at the shop was running a 150 Mariner engine without the muffs/water on. My bud just shrugged his shoulders but I couldn't just walk away so I told the guy. When he hooked up the muffs and turned the water on, you could hear the engine ping/pop due to the heat that was already in it. I don't know for sure but I'd guess that engine was just about to seize just before I told him. That was a real eye opener for me and one that told me these "experts", in a lot of cases, aren't anything special and in fact, are far from it. 

10 minutes ago, irv said:

That is why I try to do everything myself. Google and forums are full of info/vids that can guide you through most problems fairly easily. My motor (old Nissan outboard) years ago, blew, so I took it to a shop. I couldn't believe these guys were in business. New power head was installed but the guy couldn't figure out the oil injection system (it had air in the line and he didn't want to fire it up like that) 

After many delays, my bud and I went to the shop and I had to show him how to do it. I couldn't believe the guy had a marine mechanics license much less ran this business. Another guy at the shop was running a 150 Mariner engine without the muffs/water on. My bud just shrugged his shoulders but I couldn't just walk away so I told the guy. When he hooked up the muffs and turned the water on, you could hear the engine ping/pop due to the heat that was already in it. I don't know for sure but I'd guess that engine was just about to seize just before I told him. That was a real eye opener for me and one that told me these "experts", in a lot of cases, aren't anything special and in fact, are far from it. 

The friggin hourly rate is the same as a car dealership lol. We met a guy up in Cochrane with a brand new 850 Doo. The dealer up there couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and the poor guy was hanging around the motel while his buddies were out riding. He contacted BRP and was told to bring it to Que as they want to see it and were going to cover his expenses. At least he was getting a positive out of a bad deal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

The friggin hourly rate is the same as a car dealership lol. We met a guy up in Cochrane with a brand new 850 Doo. The dealer up there couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and the poor guy was hanging around the motel while his buddies were out riding. He contacted BRP and was told to bring it to Que as they want to see it and were going to cover his expenses. At least he was getting a positive out of a bad deal

Did he actually do that?:lol:

5 hours ago, Tinker said:

My 2016 snowcheck 1200X was wrenched on and fucked with before I got it and they tried to hide it. I was compensated for that but then blamed for 1 of the first drive by wire problems with the sled which I did not do. The sled never worked properly and was down right dangerous to drive and it went back to BRP after a year of them trying to fix it. I did get Loaners and got my season in and all seemed well as BRP agreed to replace the sled, I was even privy to the emails agreeing to it. Then delivery of the 2018 X was withheld until I paid for the sled with my 2016 as a trade-in and BRP wanted mileage compensation for ~1200 miles that was put on it while it was trying to be fixed for over a year. Needless to say I lost my shit but took it on the chin as it was January and I needed a sled. BRP did nothing despite the proof that they agreed to replace the Lemon and as far as I know they did replace the sled to Quinn's. Quinn's apparently needed a piece of my ass after 2 years of being fucked around. Live n learn...

Brutal.. I get them wanting the sled, but the difference they could have worked with you on. 

I bought one of those 2015 indy russian-special 600's, from Byers. First shake down ride out in the ganny(less than 5 km) the thing was missing and the check engine light came on, so i took it to DT powersports on my way home.. they didn't want to do the warranty work, almost refused to even look at it. I insisted as I lived close to there then. Thankfully they fixed it within a week and everything was good.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Tinker said:

Likely, they got fucked by BRP on all the "warranty" work. They had to "sell" you a new sled and received nothing for it. I'm not defending them. I think they needed to suck that up and move on but I understand the frustrations of being suck in the middle.

10 hours ago, Poncho said:

The problem is both ways Poncho in the sales transaction.

Dealerships can bend over backwards and pull rabbits out of a hat for a deal for a customer and next time customer forgets and will go somewhere else to save $50.00 despite the extra effort that you put in for the deal.

Loyalty goes both ways.  

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

The problem is both ways Poncho in the sales transaction.

Dealerships can bend over backwards and pull rabbits out of a hat for a deal for a customer and next time customer forgets and will go somewhere else to save $50.00 despite the extra effort that you put in for the deal.

Loyalty goes both ways.  

That's why I switch up manufacturers every few years.  But honesty, have you ever heard or know of a dealership that bends over backwards to pull rabbits out of their hat?  really LOL

11 minutes ago, Poncho said:

That's why I switch up manufacturers every few years.  But honesty, have you ever heard or know of a dealership that bends over backwards to pull rabbits out of their hat?  really LOL

Not a good business plan.

11 hours ago, smokin george said:

Too many dealers have some kid/flunky working on your stuff and don't give a shit

Im not sure if its always a case of not giving a shit. The kid/ flunky working on your new rocket rides a " full mod " 97 ditch banger. And typically he has no real experience on what your sled requires to run 100%. Add in the fact he's lucky to make $24/ hr while the shop rate is north of $90/hr. He can't afford to own a new rocket.

The PDI setup manual is just a guide. And should only be used as a baseline. Riding a poorly setup/ PDI'd sled will sour most riders.