BRP Dealer in Toronto

Poncho

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Snowflakes melted?

Yep.....they are no longer carrying BRP products...numerous reasons including a headache dealing with BRP Mexico warranty issues.....major quality issues.  They will carry Yamaha sleds and watercraft.  

Edited by Poncho

16 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yep.....they are no longer carrying BRP products...numerous reasons including a headache dealing with BRP Mexico warranty issues.....major quality issues.  They will carry Yamaha sleds and watercraft.  

Will have to give George a call. He dropped Yamaha back in the late 90's. So he's selling Arctic Cats now. I mean Yamaha's?

6 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Will have to give George a call. He dropped Yamaha back in the late 90's. So he's selling Arctic Cats now. I mean Yamaha's?

You won’t get George unless you have his direct numbers or contact. You are right he sold Cats way back. Yamaha will be the choice.....I’m told. They are also looking at bringing on Polaris so major changes afoot but BRP products are gone 

13 minutes ago, Poncho said:

You won’t get George unless you have his direct numbers or contact. You are right he sold Cats way back. Yamaha will be the choice.....I’m told. They are also looking at bringing on Polaris so major changes afoot but BRP products are gone 

Is the Dragon lady still around.... Vera

9 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Is the Dragon lady still around.... Vera

Not sure what involvement either her or George have anymore..I remember George and his Lamborghini...along with some other goodies back in the heyday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Poncho said:

I checked on their website and no snowmobiles of any kind in inventory or mention of sleds

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I checked on their website and no snowmobiles of any kind in inventory or mention of sleds

Yes I saw that......no BRP for sure.....I'm guessing t's still in the air exactly what product line fits the niche crowd; however,...the Yamaha line has watercraft, sleds and 4 wheeler as did BRP.....just saying

44 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yes I saw that......no BRP for sure.....I'm guessing t's still in the air exactly what product line fits the niche crowd; however,...the Yamaha line has watercraft, sleds and 4 wheeler as did BRP.....just saying

They sure sell alot of motorcycles. I bought 2 new Honda atvs back in 2001 and 2002 and in 2004 I went to trade one in and Vera screwed the deal by saying the tires were worn. It was a used ATV dumb bitch and Hans even said that the new buyer can buy tires. I phoned Dunfords and went up there and got a better deal and bought 2 new atvs. After that I only went to Snow City when they had a sale

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

They sure sell alot of motorcycles. I bought 2 new Honda atvs back in 2001 and 2002 and in 2004 I went to trade one in and Vera screwed the deal by saying the tires were worn. It was a used ATV dumb bitch and Hans even said that the new buyer can buy tires. I phoned Dunfords and went up there and got a better deal and bought 2 new atvs. After that I only went to Snow City when they had a sale

I went there in 08 looking for a new yammi quad.  The fucking idiot salesman man said he would knock $500 off after he took it for a spin somewhere for the upcoming weekend.  

I said sorry, but I was looking for a new ATV.  Done.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

The new Oakville one is two years away from going under. Ive been in there 3 times and not once has anyone even talked to me. 

BRP are in for a rude awakening if they don't wise up.

38 minutes ago, Poncho said:

It's a dog eat dog world out there with the competition, pricing, brand loyalty and bad dealers. It's recreational money that they're all after and the dealers have to step up their game and do a better job on service,warranty work and how to treat loyal customers and potential buyers

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

It's a dog eat dog world out there with the competition, pricing, brand loyalty and bad dealers. It's recreational money that they're all after and the dealers have to step up their game and do a better job on service,warranty work and how to treat loyal customers and potential buyers

yup agreed. This guy was taken to the cleaners by BRP. Loaded up the showroom with high end SidexSides and some weird sleds . Plus the dealer wont even acknowledge my existence. 

Ill buy oil from them when I forget to on the road north.

2 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

yup agreed. This guy was taken to the cleaners by BRP. Loaded up the showroom with high end SidexSides and some weird sleds . Plus the dealer wont even acknowledge my existence. 

Ill buy oil from them when I forget to on the road north.

I don't blame you! I try and stick with a dealer that treats me fair and if your going to try and screw me I move on. We got a fair shake on the last two sleds and when I went back for a sxs he tried to gouge. I went elsewhere for the sxs and now the new sled. Dickhead lost $45K for 2 units this year and any future business.

I guess we should be clear, this wasn't necessarily a dealer issue, rather a legitimate dealer that was worked over by BRP to buy more stock.  Basically you buy what we tell you, not what you can sell,..... its part of the "big box" store mentally on BRP's part.  Doing this they can unload tons of stock on dealers and most just can't afford to that and are forced out.  Another beef, was related to product quality issues on BRP's part. 

I have bought a couple of sleds from them in the past and have had no problems.  I also purchase spares and such for my Seadoo.  I guess I will need to find another source.  It's really a sad story.  I don't care whether it's Cat, Yamaha, Polaris or Skidoo; but I hate seeing another Doo dealer drop a product line due to the Manufacturer's demands.....that is not a sustainable business plan on BRP's part.     

Edited by Poncho