Toronto Sled Show

Poncho

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

I can't be bothered to go anymore. It is a waste of time and the show is always busy 

Yup, it,s great for impulse buyers, that realize once they get home that they bought more shit that they don,t really need.

I remember guys in our group thinking they got a great deal on leather gloves, but once they got them home and had a good close look at they, they realized that what they bought were seconds, or thirds. LOL 

5 hours ago, smokin george said:

I can't be bothered to go anymore. It is a waste of time and the show is always busy 

I'm the same way but I do enjoy the Peterborough show even though I haven't been there in a few years. A friend of mine, however, recently told me the Peterborough show was bought out by the same group that runs/owns the T.O. show?

I like the family/flea market feel to the Peterborough show so I hope they retain that instead of going to the commercial route like they did to the T.O. show.  

13 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, it,s great for impulse buyers, that realize once they get home that they bought more shit that they don,t really need.

I remember guys in our group thinking they got a great deal on leather gloves, but once they got them home and had a good close look at they, they realized that what they bought were seconds, or thirds. LOL 

Years ago we scored not bad when Doo dealers were flogging their clothing at dirt cheap prices. One year Arnies was there and we picked up our modular helmets and it worked out two for the price of one. When I was looking for communicators they were cheaper at the store than what Radio World was asking for them at the show

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm the same way but I do enjoy the Peterborough show even though I haven't been there in a few years. A friend of mine, however, recently told me the Peterborough show was bought out by the same group that runs/owns the T.O. show?

I like the family/flea market feel to the Peterborough show so I hope they retain that instead of going to the commercial route like they did to the T.O. show.  

We usually go to Peterborough, browse thru the flea mkt as well then go for lunch somewhere

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We usually go to Peterborough, browse thru the flea mkt as well then go for lunch somewhere

I'm hoping to go this year as I'd like a new pair of boots and some gloves. For the last few years, something has always come up so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen this year? 

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Is that why you bought your Arctic Cat?  

Edited by Poncho

14 hours ago, Poncho said:

Is that why you bought your Arctic Cat?  

Nope. I quit going when I realized that 75 percent of the vendors were selling Poo-laris fix-it kits and the other 25 percent were selling Poo-laris durability kits, neither of which smart 4 stroke sledders would never need.

Edited by Frostynuts

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Nope. I quit going when I realized that 75 percent of the vendors were selling Poo-laris fix-it kits and the other 25 percent were selling Poo-laris durability kits, neither of which smart 4 stroke sledders would never need.

Oxymoron.....smart 4 stroke sledders.....lol. Say no more

20 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I went and got some boots for the  misses no tax and on sale.   Talked to my dealer 70+ snow checks for 850 poos at his place.  

Was gonna go and then said forget it, no interest since I went the past two years and need nothing.

My XRS should be in but in no rush to have it, along with my others.  

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Was gonna go and then said forget it, no interest since I went the past two years and need nothing.

My XRS should be in but in no rush to have it, along with my others.  

It's nice not really needing anything other than maps that I'll pick up in Peterborough. 

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's nice not really needing anything other than maps that I'll pick up in Peterborough. 

Wife asked if I wanted to go to cottage show next door.  I said I would take a peak at the sled show then.  We both looked at each other and said nah, it was just an excuse to get out.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wife asked if I wanted to go to cottage show next door.  I said I would take a peak at the sled show then.  We both looked at each other and said nah, it was just an excuse to get out.

A buddy asked if I wanted to go on Sat. I hate going to the city even tho he was driving. He ended up going after work and all he got were maps lol.

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A buddy asked if I wanted to go on Sat. I hate going to the city even tho he was driving. He ended up going after work and all he got were maps lol.

I wouldn't drive more than 1/2 hour for the show.:lol: