Jimmy Kimmel interviews Snowrider types on Obamacare premium increases

jtssrx

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

colleges are not public education yet .we are talking education most get .  u are correct some of the country's kicking our ass have way more impoverished shit hole towns than middle class towns  and very few nice city's . yet kicking our ass for 1/16th the cost .

hey if u think the education system in the USA is good then great send your kids in for the indoctrination . that is not the choice I would make but to each there own  

I think areas outside of the inner cities are doing a job on par with every other developed country above us on the list. I by no means think we are doing "great" or "kicking ass", I am just asking you to adjust for demographics. When you do adjust, you see that we stack up nicely. We have a lot we can do a lot better, there is no doubt about that. I just don't feel that the rhetoric that we are behind the ball is not completely accurate. 

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The diverse demographics of our school system are unmatched anywhere in the world. Seriously, look at test scores and performance in like demographics. All of a sudden, the US looks very good. We have the best colleges in the world even with them being corporations. People all around the world come here. 

just so we are clear what diverse demographics are we talking about  specifically ?gender, race, age, religion, physical abilities, fiscal or sexual orientation.

and like I said a lot of these country's kicking our ass have little to no middle class and there shit hole towns are figured in to the stats and like I said they have many many more impoverished citys than the USA could dream of in there stats  

Edited by Ez ryder

22 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

just so we are clear what diverse demographics are we talking about  specifically ?gender, race, age, religion, physical abilities, fiscal or sexual orientation.

and like I said a lot of these country's kicking our ass have little to no middle class and there shit hole towns are figured in to the stats and like I said they have many many more impoverished citys than the USA could dream of in there stats  

Have you been to Europe? Understand I lived there for four years. Places on that list above us don't have poverty like we do. Those in poverty aren't forced to go to school either. 

For demographics, I am talking race combined with income for the most part. Mainly focused on areas of congregation for that. Places like Sweden, Canada, etc don't have that disparity to the extent the US does. That is bringing our performance down. It is impossible to argue. The question then becomes, how do we address this? We've been trying for 60 years and nothing has worked in the inner city. 

yes I have as well as a few country's in  Asia and the ussr.

that said how do we fix it. we cant it has to start at home no question. it is not the schools responsibility to raise the kids . plenty of kids who live in the shitty parts of the  city have a 1/2 decent home support network and go on to higher ed with honors . so how do we get some people who live in the inner city to start to give a shit about there life and the life of there kids. well it starts with self respect and u cant have much of that if u have no job no father figure no pride in ownership and no one in your family has any of those things for the last 5 generations   

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes I have as well as a few country's in  Asia and the ussr.

that said how do we fix it. we cant it has to start at home no question. it is not the schools responsibility to raise the kids . plenty of kids who live in the shitty parts of the  city have a 1/2 decent home support network and go on to higher ed with honors . so how do we get some people who live in the inner city to start to give a shit about there life and the life of there kids. well it starts with self respect and u cant have much of that if u have no job no father figure no pride in ownership and no one in your family has any of those things for the last 5 generations   

How can you do that? You can't just say it and it is so. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Have you been to Europe? Understand I lived there for four years. Places on that list above us don't have poverty like we do. Those in poverty aren't forced to go to school either. 

For demographics, I am talking race combined with income for the most part. Mainly focused on areas of congregation for that. Places like Sweden, Canada, etc don't have that disparity to the extent the US does. That is bringing our performance down. It is impossible to argue. The question then becomes, how do we address this? We've been trying for 60 years and nothing has worked in the inner city. 

So we know what doesn't work.  Why do we continue those programs?

6 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

How can you do that? You can't just say it and it is so. 

well for starters we don't encourage fatherless family's. we cap the amount of  time some one can be on assistance . we put real consequences on absentee parents not paying for there children.

we quit attempting to give completely unqualified people 15bucks and full med to learn a trade . instead we give incentives to business owners to hire and train unskilled  workers.

if u are on assistance mandatory work to get it . I don't care if u run the day care center that mom can drop the kids when she is out doing her community service or painting fire hydrants do something . and not to grave make it not worth the money to make it a lifestyle.

lunch tix    for good grades note books for good grades mom or dad get 8 hrs off there community service if the kid makes the honor roll .

just a few ideas that will deff work better than just paying the UNION HACK teachers more money with better benefits

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 10/28/2016 at 7:59 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Guy.... Did you read my post? 

"Subtract our inner city scores" 

Look at the test scores and performance from areas Country A and Country B that share similar makeups in terms of homogeneity. Is our country failing inner city youth, absolutely. Is it failing white middle class kids, nope. 

Our country isn't failing them, their parents are.   Plenty of intelligent, law abiding kids come out of the inner cities when they have family that is involved in their lives.  Your children are the most important things in your life.  I agree the govt has created a entitlement mentality since the "great society" but its still no excuse.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

ttt so    xtralettucetomatoe what are your thoughts on this . lets at least pretend to accomplish something in 1 thread

I dont disagree that many in the inner cities are being failed by parenting. Our country is failing them through clever segregation. And it is being perpetrated by cocktail liberals who are just as racist as Trump supporters. Do as I say, not as I do. 

On 31/10/2016 at 10:28 AM, Highmark said:

Our country isn't failing them, their parents are.   Plenty of intelligent, law abiding kids come out of the inner cities when they have family that is involved in their lives.  Your children are the most important things in your life.  I agree the govt has created a entitlement mentality since the "great society" but its still no excuse.  

Breakdown of the family unit, but what politician has the balls to call them deadbeats.

On 10/31/2016 at 10:28 AM, Highmark said:

Plenty of those inner city kids that you see on the news would end up making something of themselves if they had something left to turn too .   The jobs are gone , long gone .  There is nothing left to do  but go out to the street and fight for survival .   Parents or no parents .

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Plenty of those inner city kids that you see on the news would end up making something of themselves if they had something left to turn too .   The jobs are gone , long gone .  There is nothing left to do  but go out to the street and fight for survival .   Parents or no parents .

No question its a more difficult road but thru good parenting and education kids can thrive from the inner cities.   Its starts with 2 parents at home.

After the "great society" and Roe v. Wade the AA family collapsed.

Its says something when education, income, crime charts all closely mirror 2 parent household charts.   

We have to transfer our welfare system to more of a hand up than a generational hand out.  Tough but it has to be done somehow.  

LBJ_FB_post (1).jpg

2015-FAQ3-Fig2.png

screen shot 2013-09-17 at 1.22.26 pm (1).png

race-income-differences-time-series.png

59_fig2 (2).jpg

chart1 (1).gif

Edited by Highmark