Today Is Tax Freedom Day - Canada

Lets celebrate.

In 2016, we estimate the average Canadian family consisting of two or more people will earn approximately $105,200 in income and pay a total of $45,200 in taxes. In other words, the average Canadian family will pay 43% of its income in taxes.

Holy shit.  I think we sit around the 30% mark but we have the burden of health insurance premiums.  It's all relative though and depends what all is included.  Most rates that high include all sales taxes. So, spend less, pay less. The real question is more of the total "cost of living".

Ironically, just got a note from our local tax man.  He's requesting an interior iappraisal.  Last time he came out my taxes went up 40%  MUTHA FUCKA!!!!!  I'm gonna wrap this house in fucking tar paper and park a couple dozen junk cars in the front yard!

I guess I'm surprised the average canadian household income is double that of us down here (though CBC says it's around 76k a year household), but everything does cost way more in canada from groceries to gas to housing so I think we more than make up for it in 'Merica. :bc:

4 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I guess I'm surprised the average canadian household income is double that of us down here (though CBC says it's around 76k a year household), but everything does cost way more in canada from groceries to gas to housing so I think we more than make up for it in 'Merica. :bc:

76k is likely the median.  Taxed more. 

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Really?

You're ok with them coming into your home to appraise ?

Do you know for a fact if your trailer park laws prohibit or guarantee the inspection?

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I have 5 acre's and a house assessed  at 240k..what ya got? 

$295, but who's counting?

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

You still didn't answer my question btw.

The law dictates my answer.

You gonna toss him if legally he can go in, or talking big for the Fluffers?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

$295, but who's counting?

The law dictates my answer.

You gonna toss him if legally he can go in, or talking big for the Fluffers?

There is no law here in ny for a inside inspection for assessment.

I can't believe that even happens anywhere...that's insane.

Edited by Capt.Storm

9 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Matter of fact I just change my home owners insurance a few months back and I was outside when they came for the inspection and they never even asked to go inside. He just walked around the outside .

I have only ever had one insurance agent(broker) request to see my place(cottage) and I thought that was abnormal.  Different for cars. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I have only ever had one insurance agent(broker) request to see my place(cottage) and I thought that was abnormal.  Different for cars. 

Anybody can ask.

I would have let the insurance guy come in and I sorta found it odd that he didn't ask.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

I have 5 acre's and a house assessed  at 240k..what ya got? 

Here $240K gets you a small condo if you're lucky. The average Toronto home price last month was $740K. After all we are talking about the tax freedom day in Canada.

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

There is no law here in ny for a inside inspection for assessment.

I can't believe that even happens anywhere...that's insane.

They can ask here the same as they can ask in the US. You don't have to let them in. But if you don't they will do a guess at it and you take it up the ass I'm sure 

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

They can ask here the same as they can ask in the US. You don't have to let them in. But if you don't they will do a guess at it and you take it up the ass I'm sure 

or they can come in and see all that you have done also and it shove it up your ass with a higher assessment also.

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

or they can come in and see all that you have done also and it shove it up your ass with a higher assessment also.

Not disagreeing. Either way they are going to get your money