Today Is Tax Freedom Day - Canada

19 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

They can ask here the same as they can ask in the US. You don't have to let them in. But if you don't they will do a guess at it and you take it up the ass I'm sure 

16 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

or they can come in and see all that you have done also and it shove it up your ass with a higher assessment also.

Both correct.  You are not required to let them in.  But they get the right to appraise your house assuming the highest possible variables.  Gotcha comin' AND goin'!  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Both correct.  You are not required to let them in.  But they get the right to appraise your house assuming the highest possible variables.  Gotcha comin' AND goin'!  

Around here they go mostly by similar house's that have sold in the same general area.

For the most part they only go up if you sell higher then assessment or if they raise everybody at once by raising the rate per-thousand.

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Matter of fact I just change my home owners insurance a few months back and I was outside when they came for the inspection and they never even asked to go inside. He just walked around the outside .

That's great.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

The 4th amendment protects us.

You're so full of chit moe.

Different laws, different places. Some places you forfeit your right of appeal if you dont.

But hey, whatever makes you look like a hero to your fellow fluffers...

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

That's great.

Different laws, different places. Some places you forfeit your right of appeal if you dont.

But hey, whatever makes you look like a hero to your fellow fluffers...

Nice of you to take your ownage with such grace. :bc:

2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Anybody can ask.

I would have let the insurance guy come in and I sorta found it odd that he didn't ask.

I had no problem, was renting my place out on a cottage website so needed it to have proper insurance.  So State Farm guy who was recommended says he needs to see the place, fine, in the end tells me if anyone calls from head office, just tell them you are renting to friends and family.:lol:

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Here $240K gets you a small condo if you're lucky. The average Toronto home price last month was $740K. After all we are talking about the tax freedom day in Canada.

It depends completely on where you live. The real estate difference between Alberta(where I live) and Nova Scotia(where I'm from) is stupid crazy. A $300k house in Nova Scotia is worth about $500k+ in my current town. 

5 minutes ago, ArcticWolf 24 said:

It depends completely on where you live. The real estate difference between Alberta(where I live) and Nova Scotia(where I'm from) is stupid crazy. A $300k house in Nova Scotia is worth about $500k+ in my current town. 

were in NS you from?

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Here $240K gets you a small condo if you're lucky. The average Toronto home price last month was $740K. After all we are talking about the tax freedom day in Canada.

I thought it was over a million :dunno: 

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

I thought it was over a million :dunno: 

Not according to the real estate board. Don't forget that average includes those condo apartments. Mind you there are some condo apartments at $1M+

$740K average for all homes $1.2M for detached 

Edited by 02sled