2020 Iron Dog Teams

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

and how sad is it that the cat 800 was running bumper to bumper with both 850s at the showes last spring . so you are saying the 2 850s can't even compete with there little brother 600s ? that is sad 

Were those the new 151 HP 800's?

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

wrong . they all bike a,goid base to build off . it is who gives the best deal on sled and support . fact 

That's the only reason racers bought cats! Now there are no deals they are buying food and poos! Because those are the good sleds!

52 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's the only reason racers bought cats! Now there are no deals they are buying food and poos! Because those are the good sleds!

yep because cat had not only a winning chassis but also gave good deals on sleds and if you were worth a fuck a lot of parts would find there way in to your trailer .

those days are now gone so some guys  have to look at who is giving the best deal now . 

37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yep because cat had not only a winning chassis but also gave good deals on sleds and if you were worth a fuck a lot of parts would find there way in to your trailer .

those days are now gone so some guys  have to look at who is giving the best deal now . 

Let him continue to try to convince himself he isn’t gonna crumple his pistons this year.  4K miles on a poo 800 engine????  Dead sled walking.

:lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The price I got from Polaris a few years back was a little cheaper then Cat, but I don't know what the PG&A allowance would have been.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The price I got from Polaris a few years back was a little cheaper then Cat, but I don't know what the PG&A allowance would have been.  

Hey, didn’t Cat only make like 50 or 60 2020 R-XC’s???  I think these numbers may exclude them from some racing requirements.  Not just the ID but also USXC?  I wonder if racers will be running 2018/19 models?  Eeesh.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I heard numbers ranging from 50-75 and 200.  

Yeah.  I haven’t heard 200 but I’ve heard several numbers.  Either way, I think all those numbers aren’t enough for the sled to qualify for competition in a Stock class race.  Haven’t verified though.  

But I know this, these are super low numbers...like not enough to even cover actual racers.  Resales are showing this too....if you can find one.  Craig’s has dried up on Cat race machines.  CC has a 19 for $12k???

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

All of that is absolutely true.  Cat was really good to racers around here too.  Lots of Iron Dog Teams rode the Cats because it saved them $15k+ on the overall price of the race.  Great prices on race sleds, able to purchase additional sleds at very discounted prices and a very good parts allowance.  And the contingencies from Cat were very good as well.  

It is sad to see Cat back off of racing.  Hope to see them back soon.  

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, didn’t Cat only make like 50 or 60 2020 R-XC’s???  I think these numbers may exclude them from some racing requirements.  Not just the ID but also USXC?  I wonder if racers will be running 2018/19 models?  Eeesh.  

No pit coats at the local Goodwill???

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

All of that is absolutely true.  Cat was really good to racers around here too.  Lots of Iron Dog Teams rode the Cats because it saved them $15k+ on the overall price of the race.  Great prices on race sleds, able to purchase additional sleds at very discounted prices and a very good parts allowance.  And the contingencies from Cat were very good as well.  

So far, I’ve found Textron to be either A.) Liars about their plans for the AC brand B.) Inept with their plans  C.) Evasive about their plans D.) Excusatory about their past stated plans.

Faith is all we have to hope they will follow through.  I’m feeling somewhat “godless” in this aspect.

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cat was losing money on that, hence why Textron stopped doing it. That win on race day sells on Monday shit doesn't work anymore. Now that cat isn't giving them away nobody is buying them, wonder why... :whistle:

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat was losing money on that, hence why Textron stopped doing it. That win on race day sells on Monday shit doesn't work anymore. Now that cat isn't giving them away nobody is buying them, wonder why... :whistle:

My god.  At least try and be smart enough to just be silent.  More and more of your brain material falls out everytime you open your mouth.

Poo win on Sunday.....PNG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

So far, I’ve found Textron to be either A.) Liars about their plans for the AC brand B.) Inept with their plans  C.) Evasive about their plans D.) Excusatory about their past stated plans.

Faith is all we have to hope they will follow through.  I’m feeling somewhat “godless” in this aspect.

I’m going to go with evasive. Getting any info out our TRF has been really tough lately. The president made a statement at heydays that eluded to the fact they haven’t communicated their intentions very well.

Edited by Edmo

Just now, Edmo said:

I’m going to go with evasive. Getting any info out our TRF has been really tough lately. The president make a statement at heydays that eluded to the fact they haven’t communicated their intentions very well.

Yeah.  Their almost deliberately slow responses to serious questions about AC's future got to be unnerving.  It was clear to me they just didn't care what consumers or the media were thinking.

40 minutes ago, Anler said:

because they ate not even building them . attempt to follow along 

48 minutes ago, Anler said:

They need new product badly. The R and D and flow of new sleds is a couple years behind. The Pres. said there’s a new sled coming, probably by January. We shall see.

13 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They need new product badly. The R and D and flow of new sleds is a couple years behind. The Pres. said there’s a new sled coming, probably by January. We shall see.

they sold the fuck out of the alpha at snow check 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

My god.  At least try and be smart enough to just be silent.  More and more of your brain material falls out everytime you open your mouth.

Poo win on Sunday.....PNG

Well Polaris sold a shit ton more of those than Cat sold procross. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

So then, now you disagree with your own statement?

Like I said......

Related image

No I dont because skidoo was selling more than both and they werent really winning shit for races. They were the most innovative and had the best tech and fit and finish. Ultimately thats what people want nowadays is function and refinement. Took poo like 15 years to figure that out but they are making some great sleds now. Hopefully Cat follows because they are becoming pretty irrelevant pretty quickly. 

Just now, Anler said:

No I dont because skidoo was selling more than both and they werent really winning shit for races. They were the most innovative and had the best tech and fit and finish. Ultimately thats what people want nowadays is function and refinement. Took poo like 15 years to figure that out but they are making some great sleds now. Hopefully Cat follows because they are becoming pretty irrelevant pretty quickly. 

When was skidoo "not winning shit for races"?

Zip it.