2020 Iron Dog Teams

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

all depends on the snow you ride them in . very specific  sled 

Day in and day out over various terrain and snow conditions the Alpha is a decent sled but it does not out perform the doo or poo mountain 850’s.  And it does not have a better resale value. 

31 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

That's why the cat was so cheap!

Well that, only 151hp, 9 year old chassis, etc.

:thumbsup:

Actually, what they did was a good idea and where I think the sledding industry is going (and has been going).  It’ll be catalog type sales orders with regional service dealers that stock a small amount of base trim models.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, what they did was a good idea and where I think the sledding industry is going (and has been going).  It’ll be catalog type sales orders with regional service dealers that stock a small amount of base trim models.

Or they only gave 1 year warranty because they won't be here to honor the 4 year???

🤔

Just now, awful knawful said:

Or they only gave 1 year warranty because they won't be here to honor the 4 year???

🤔

That’s not how it works you dildo.  

Warranties are a rip off.  Just because it’s added to the price of an item doesn’t make it less of a money grab.  $17,000 sleds...LOL!  “Muh four year warranty!!!”

12 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The only polls I can go by more people who are interested in the ID than USCX Racing.  Just go look at their FaceBook pages. 

Well, why are revenues and attendance still dwindling?  Jesus, didn’t they cancel it last year before finally finding a way to do it?  

Don’t get me wrong, I hate to see any racing hit the scrap yard but, these type of once a year marathon races just don’t appeal to most and a pretty much complete lack of media coverage shows it.  The Soo is a bit better because it can still be streamed and is exciting for spectators.  XC racing is actually kinda lame to watch.  Great riders with some serious grit but, not much to really keep anybody awake after a while.  And NOBODY cares to watch sleds going over rocks, dirt and Open water for miles.  Not even sledders.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Rumor has it a Cat Team will be signing up here soon. Woodtick  and Zamboni.They have raced together before. Both very capable riders and mechanics. 

I asked you to keep this to yourself.:green:

On 10/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, AKIQPilot said:

It was bad ass back then and it's still pretty bad ass but the tracks have gotten much smaller and there are no huge jumps like there used to be.  When we raced Duluth, Winnipeg, Canterbury, Park X, etc. back in 2005 and 2006 the tracks were huge and the jumps even bigger.  Huge downhill triples at Duluth and Geneva.  Now days most of the tracks are just big ovals with one or maybe two right hand turns.  

Been going to Cantetbury for years. The track is still the same size and the jumps just as big. Other tracks might be different though.

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Been going to Cantetbury for years. The track is still the same size and the jumps just as big. Other tracks might be different though.

Ever heard the rumor that someone or some series was trying to revive the old Super Enduro there?

I heard about it a few years back, but obviously nothing ever became of it and haven't heard anything the last couple years.  

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Day in and day out over various terrain and snow conditions the Alpha is a decent sled but it does not out perform the doo or poo mountain 850’s.  And it does not have a better resale value. 

like I said very specialized ride . can do some shit the other just can't.  but also a lot of shit not that well especaly in hero snow .

no mountain sled has any resale none .

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

That's why the cat was so cheap!

Well that, only 151hp, 9 year old chassis, etc.

:thumbsup:

and again still bumper to bumper with 50 less cc at both the dealer only show and media show in West Yellowstone .

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

like I said very specialized ride . can do some shit the other just can't.  but also a lot of shit not that well especaly in hero snow .

no mountain sled has any resale none .

Very true. The Alpha is a very good mountain sled especially in tight trees and super deep snow. Cat definitely gets kudos for the effort. 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very true. The Alpha is a very good mountain sled especially in tight trees and super deep snow. Cat definitely gets kudos for the effort. 

I don’t do any of that mountain stuff but, that Alpha looks pretty cool to me and seems like it’d be pretty effective and beneficial in a lot of ways in the deep pow. :dunno:

Whats the lug flick ratio on that thang?