In the last week-

Batteries that croaked,

F150

Escape

Sled

UPS

security system

TV remote

An hour ago wife says there is something chirping upstairs. Another fuckin battery. Need to do all 3 levels now.

Am I done yet? Should I try the garage door?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And seeing you are replacing em all at once they will all fail together again. 

The one I replaced in the F150 was exactly 10 years old. I couldn’t believe it 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The one I replaced in the F150 was exactly 10 years old. I couldn’t believe it 

Thats awesome, original motocraft??

Most automotive batteries made in America are manufactured by one of two companies: Johnson Controls, Inc. or Exide Technologies. The dominant replacement market brand names, Interstate and DieHard, are both Johnson Controls products, as is the Optima brand

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

In the last week-

Batteries that croaked,

F150

Escape

Sled

UPS

security system

TV remote

An hour ago wife says there is something chirping upstairs. Another fuckin battery. Need to do all 3 levels now.

You suck the life out of everything!

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Cant bitch about that. Anything over 6 is a bonus.

I still have original battery in my 98 Viper GTS......I have no clue why it hasn't failed yet. I don't drive it very much (only 14k on the clock)and always keep it on a trickle charger.....but still?...going on 22 years

It's a conspiracy payback for all the fucking :lies:and :bullshit:you post here every day and because you are a senile pant shitting POS it never really happens other than you shit your pants AGAIN :finger3:that really happened get the orderly to change you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I still have original battery in my 98 Viper GTS......I have no clue why it hasn't failed yet. I don't drive it very much (only 14k on the clock)and always keep it on a trickle charger.....but still?...going on 22 years

Battery in my 1988 John Deere 1050 Diesel lasted till this Summer, it was 31 years old, still started but cranked very slow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

In the last week-

Batteries that croaked,

F150

Escape

Sled

UPS

security system

TV remote

Buy a tesla!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Most automotive batteries made in America are manufactured by one of two companies: Johnson Controls, Inc. or Exide Technologies. The dominant replacement market brand names, Interstate and DieHard, are both Johnson Controls products, as is the Optima brand

A lot of Interstate batteries are made in Mexico nowadays but I have no idea if the quality has suffered? My deep cycle Interstate marine battery shit the bed this year but I think that was mainly neglect from the marina where I stored my boat. https://www.b4usa.com/interstate-battery/

I recently took the tops off to check the water level and most holes were down with the ones on the negative side showing the plates. I added water and put it on charge with a Battery Tender JR then a regular auto charger on 10 amps but I can't get the battery above 5 volts.

It's pooched, imo, so I will need a new one come spring but I am unsure if I should stick with Interstate or go to something else? The battery in question has only ran the radio occasionally the last few years but did have a bit of service running my trolling motor when new. It is likely 5 yrs old now? 

I hope to do some fishing next year so I am looking for something that can take a bit of abuse running an electric trolling motor. I like Interstate batteries and have nothing against them, I am just curious if something better now exists out there that will last longer?

12 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Doesn't get left outside in the winter.  That's very hard on a battery. And it's always on trickle charge. 

• Thanks 1