Libertarian VP Candidate Admits Defeat, Tells Voters To Pick Clinton Over Trump

Weld sees what most Americans see.

Libertarian VP Candidate: Whatever You Do, Don't Vote For Trump

Accepting that his presidential bid will fail, Libertarian vice presidential candidate Bill Weld on Tuesday obliquely urged voters to vote for Hillary Clinton.

In a Tuesday statement addressed to "those in the electorate who remain torn between two so-called major party candidates," the former Massachusetts governor told Republicans not to vote for the GOP nominee out of “fear for our country.”

“After careful observation and reflection, I have come to believe that Donald Trump, if elected President of the United States, would not be able to stand up to this pressure and this criticism without becoming unhinged and unable to perform competently the duties of his office,” the former Massachusetts governor said in a statement.

Weld ticks off a long list of what he sees as Trump’s flaws, including his childish response to criticism, divisive rhetoric about immigrants and minorities, instability, and lack of familiarity with policy.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bill-weld-tells-voters-pick-clinton-over-trump

He knows what I've been saying, a Trump presidency would be very non-productive and could seriously hurt the economy. But fuck him for suggesting anyone vote for Hillary. Fuck him....

• Like 1

Still voting for Johnson, obviously he was never going to win, but if this election can get a 3rd party to 10 percent or more support they'll at least be taken more seriously next time around. I hope at least MC is voting for Jill Stein or writing in Bernie instead of voting for he Cunt though. Slinger should too so at least he wouldnt have to hold his nose to vote considering New York is solid blue no matter what. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Still voting for Johnson, obviously he was never going to win, but if this election can get a 3rd party to 10 percent or more support they'll at least be taken more seriously next time around. I hope at least MC is voting for Jill Stein or writing in Bernie instead of voting for he Cunt though. Slinger should too so at least he wouldnt have to hold his nose to vote considering New York is solid blue no matter what. :bc:

The shit hole NYC controls the whole state, which sucks, 8-10% of the land controls everything that goes on in the entire state..NYC, the corrupt capitol Albany, and a town of tree hugging homos called Ithaca..

nygop-map.jpg

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Only solid blue in the NYC area, upstate NY is mostly red

57 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The shit hole NYC controls the whole state, which sucks, 8-10% of the land controls everything that goes on in the entire state..NYC, the corrupt capitol Albany, and a town of tree hugging homos called Ithaca..

nygop-map.jpg

x2

18 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Weld sees what most Americans see.

You mean pro partial birth abortion Bill?   Wow big shock he's supporting Hillary.  :lmao: He also changed positions to "fit" the Libertarian mold.   What a guy.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You mean pro partial birth abortion Bill?   Wow big shock he's supporting Hillary.  :lmao: He also changed positions to "fit" the Libertarian mold.   What a guy.  

Hes not a cement headed Republican

Just now, Mainecat said:

Hes not a cement headed Republican

:lmao: No just a northeast elitist snob who thinks its ok to kill unborn third trimester babies for no reason.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lmao: No just a northeast elitist snob who thinks its ok to kill unborn third trimester babies for no reason.

No just an American that wants to see every American move forward not fuckin backwards like the tea tards.

Abortion is a choice in this country and its not anyones business but to those 2 involved. And you clowns want less government? LMFAO

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

No just an American that wants to see every American move forward not fuckin backwards like the tea tards.

Abortion is a choice in this country and its not anyones business but to those 2 involved. And you clowns want less government? LMFAO

:lmao:What causes more govt, no abortion or the govt having to pick up the tab for it?

Wow, abortion is such a big concern this election. This is a much more important issue to me.

Libertarian VP nominee Bill Weld doesn’t seem to know what concealed carry permit reciprocity is

Oct. 17, 2016 10:29pm Tré Goins-Phillips

SHARES
  • Share This
  • Tweet This

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, the Libertarian vice presidential nominee, didn’t seem to know what concealed carry permit reciprocity was during an interview Monday with TheBlaze’s Dana Loesch.

Bill Weld (BRYAN R. SMITH/AFP/Getty Images)

Bill Weld (BRYAN R. SMITH/AFP/Getty Images)

While he said he supports the Second Amendment because “the history of people who have surrendered their weapons to the government is not a pretty history” and appeared to indicate he is in favor of Constitutional — or permit-less — carry, his knowledge of the issue did not seem to run very deep.

Their conversation went like this:

Loesch: Do you believe in reciprocity?

Weld: Reciprocity?

Loesch: Meaning, if I have my concealed carry [permit] in Texas, would I be able to — because I have my concealed carry [permit] in Texas — would each of the states recognize it?

Weld: I don’t know. We don’t have concealed carry up in New England, so I’d wanna look at that.

Over the past several weeks, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, Weld’s running mate, has made a few gaffes of his own.

In early September, Johnson stunned an MSNBC panel when he seemed unfamiliar with Aleppo, the Syrian city at the center of the refugee crisis unfolding in the region. And at the end of the month, he had what he called another “Aleppo moment” during a town hall event on the same network, when he failed to identify his “favorite foreign leader.”

According to the latest RealClearPolitics average, Johnson is polling at 6.1 percent, a far cry from Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at 45.4 percent and Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump at 39.1 percent.