Eagle River Racing

Here is a race I was in a few years back.

So We had to do an engine teardown before the race so we did it the day before.

Well I got everything all buttoned up and needed some water to mix some antifreeze to top up the engine. Go back to the house and boom I got some bug and barfed my guts out for the rest of the night.

Next morning I'm still green and I have this heat race first thing. Basically I just didnt want to puke in my helmet. 

So during that race I blew going into turn 3 a couple of times as I thought it was puke time. LoL  Turns out it was a great race almost got the win

Luckily made it through the race but a half hour later, I had to pull into the center turn lane on the main drag in Eagle River to barf out the window of my truck as a row of traffic drove by going the other way. Good Times  HaHa

• Like 4

Oh man that was incredible.  Side by side racing like that is a huge adrenaline rush.  So much fun.  Very nice work by the way.  If you wouldn't have blown through Turn 2 on the last lap you would have taken the win.  

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Really cool,  something I would have loved to try even though I probably wouldn't be very good at.

Done a bit in cars but always wanted to do that but never committed to proper sled preparation for such that's a lot of work and guys like him and AKAdwarf are better for it :bc:

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh man that was incredible.  Side by side racing like that is a huge adrenaline rush.  So much fun.  Very nice work by the way.  If you wouldn't have blown through Turn 2 on the last lap you would have taken the win.  

You got to have another driver who can wheel their machine to do it.

Eagle River is the toughest track to do that at. It's such a paper clip you need to really charge on corner entry but the bumps make it dicy.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Hope to see the F500 class and the new Formula 3 class grow.  IMO it is pretty much the future of ice oval racing.  

Not sold on the FIII thing. I could be too fast and cause some serious accidents. We will see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roosting said:

Not sold on the FIII thing. I could be too fast and cause some serious accidents. We will see.

I haven't read all the rules, but I think the move toward a more stock sled is a good move.  Need to lower costs and make it easier for guys to get into and stay in the game.  

Plus it is kind of interesting reading the Champ racer and fan comments like they just took a red hot poker up the asshole.  

4 minutes ago, Roosting said:

You got to have another driver who can wheel their machine to do it.

Eagle River is the toughest track to do that at. It's such a paper clip you need to really charge on corner entry but the bumps make it dicy.

I watched Jacko go three wide in Boonville  lapping sleds in a 5 lap race, crazy fast driver even in his fifties.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I haven't read all the rules, but I think the move toward a more stock sled is a good move.  Need to lower costs and make it easier for guys to get into and stay in the game.  

Plus it is kind of interesting reading the Champ racer and fan comments like they just took a red hot poker up the asshole.  

Well that's the problem this move does nothing to address costs. Sled can only be 2 years old. So you have to make a new one every 2 years and deal with all of the MFG changes that go with it

Modern 600's make 130hp all day. With some CDI programming the amount of tourque they can produce will be huge as to what a 440 could produce. Corner exit and top speed will go up