State Department Blocks Release Of Hillary Clinton-Era TPP Emails Until After The Election

Trade is a hot issue in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. But correspondence from Hillary Clinton and her top State Department aides about a controversial 12-nation trade deal will not be available for public review — at least not until after the election. The Obama administration abruptly blocked the release of Clinton’s State Department correspondence about the so-called Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), after first saying it expected to produce the emails this spring.

The decision came in response to International Business Times' open records request for correspondence between Clinton’s State Department office and the United States Trade Representative. The request, which was submitted in July 2015, specifically asked for all such correspondence that made reference to the TPP.

The State Department originally said it estimated the request would be completed by April 2016. Last week the agency said it had completed the search process for the correspondence but also said it was delaying the completion of the request until late November 2016 — weeks after the presidential election. The delay was issued in the same week the Obama administration filed a court motion to try to kill a lawsuit aimed at forcing the federal government to more quickly comply with open records requests for Clinton-era State Department documents.

Clinton’s shifting positions on the TPP have been a source of controversy during the campaign: She repeatedly promoted the deal as secretary of state but then in 2015 said, "I did not work on TPP," even though some leaked State Department cables show that her agency was involved in diplomatic discussions about the pact. Under pressure from her Democratic primary opponent, Bernie Sanders, Clinton  announced in October that she now opposes the deal — and has disputed that she ever fully backed it in the first place.

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/state-department-blocks-release-hillary-clinton-era-tpp-emails-until-after

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Doesn't seem like folks much care if the State Dept. engaging in cover-ups or manipulation of data.

Yeah, seems like the hypocrisy of the left always rears it's ugly head.

50 minutes ago, Cold War said:

TTT

I missed Paul Ryans comments on this.

Maybe when his ass clears up he comment on this.

Ryan is an open borders establishment clown :flush:

5 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

The House of Cards has nothing compared to the Clinton's and what's coming!

I got to get back into that.............I think I am 1/2 way through second season.

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Ryan is an open borders establishment clown :flush:

They are worried about their political asses

Not what is best for the Country.