2020 Permits

Poncho

7 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Here's a list that I can think of off the top of my head.  Others have had the same problems as I did.  Some are picky but I shouldn't have these with a new sled IMO

Throttle lag 

Throttle surge (your ass puckers when you give it gas and let off the throttle but it still accelerates for a few seconds coming into a corner)

Enough pressure in the gas tank that the cap will shoot off the tank a good 8" sometimes

struggle to hit 100 mph

had a bad vibration in it 

headlights suck

steering froze cock stiff on it while riding

I was down on engine oil 

started getting clunking in reverse (assume it was the secondary spring)

random high idles

Sled was dead a few times up in Cochrane.  Not cool when you are in the middle of nowhere

RPM's would randomly hunt at idle

I thought Doo addressed the throttle lag thing, it plagued the 1200 series I guess they missed it on the 900 too.  The base 900 would top out at 75 mph with all things perfect...... so I’m guessing the turbo version hitting 100 would be a stretch.....did you ever run it head to head with another 900 Turbo?  For the record, you are not the only one with complaints regarding the 9T.  My neighbor had the same ride and traded back to an 850 Doo, he said his 900T was a turd.

54 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I thought Doo addressed the throttle lag thing, it plagued the 1200 series I guess they missed it on the 900 too.  The base 900 would top out at 75 mph with all things perfect...... so I’m guessing the turbo version hitting 100 would be a stretch.....did you ever run it head to head with another 900 Turbo?  For the record, you are not the only one with complaints regarding the 9T.  My neighbor had the same ride and traded back to an 850 Doo, he said his 900T was a turd.

The doo kool aid must be potent. Many praise the 900t. Or perhaps they are not all the same?

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

Over on DOOtalk it was a hit and miss with guys on the throttle lag.  Some said they had a lag and others said it was fine.  They say a tune helps out a lot but I wasn't about ready to get one.  I never got to run it with another turbo to see if there was a difference.  There is quite a few guys that have had the same problems I did.  I just happened to have all the problems with mine

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Over on DOOtalk it was a hit and miss with guys on the throttle lag.  Some said they had a lag and others said it was fine.  They say a tune helps out a lot but I wasn't about ready to get one.  I never got to run it with another turbo to see if there was a difference.  There is quite a few guys that have had the same problems I did.  I just happened to have all the problems with mine

Ok. I heard the same that that sled was problematic.  Answers ManOral dude question too.....Doo kool aid. 

18 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Bit of a shit show going on right now with the Ofsc and trail passes. People are saying on FB they are receiving other people’s trail passes. Happened to me today 

Decided to check mine as I never opened the envelope. All good here. 1 classic and 1 seasonal.

What are some of the issue people are having? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, irv said:

Decided to check mine as I never opened the envelope. All good here. 1 classic and 1 seasonal.

On Facebook 705 Snowmobiles they are saying they are receiving the permits they ordered and then they are also receiving other peoples permits.

Here is a copy of the post.

Head's up on trail passes....if you haven't received them in a reasonable time...perhaps contact OFSC...my son's and I keep receiving emails saying our permits been mailed....funny as we got them last week....today, I received 3 permits with different names but with my address.. .I have contacted OFSC...the permits are being returned tomorrow...
Hope I won't receive yours...

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, irv said:

As blackstar posted, wrong name to address. I received two passes today with my address on the envelope but someone else’s name on it. I already received my permit a week and a bit ago 

18 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

As blackstar posted, wrong name to address. I received two passes today with my address on the envelope but someone else’s name on it. I already received my permit a week and a bit ago 

Mine had my name /address so looks like they got it right. 

Edited by smokin george