Trump’s farmer bailout is now twice as big as the auto bailout as Trump begs rural America not to leave him

At least the automakers paid it back ...

When the president’s trade war began to hurt rural America, he used a huge chunk of his budget to issue a $28 billion bailout, which is twice of what the government loaned to the big three automakers. In the case of the automakers, the funds were paid back with interest and they did it earlier than expected. Farmers are not expected to pay back the government.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trumps-farmer-bailout-is-now-twice-as-big-as-the-auto-bailout-as-trump-begs-rural-america-not-to-leave-him-report/

Twice as big.

Lets see ...conservative republicans give 28 billion tax payer dollars away and are considered tax hawks yet liberal democrats loan automakers 14 billion tax payer dollars that are paid back in full are labeled tax and spend liberals.

The repubs sure are brainwashed.

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Edmo said:

Show me how the money was spent. Allocating  the money and giving it all out are 2 different things. Link it up.

Jesus what the fuck is with you trump guys? Look it up yourself.  It’s obvious why you support Trump you know nothing

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus what the fuck is with you trump guys? Look it up yourself.  It’s obvious why you support Trump you know nothing

Why are you racist to people who got their jobs on merit instead of nepotism?

Just now, Highmark said:

Not really.  Thru June the govt collected $63 billion in tariffs.  

Then when these tariffs get taken off fake cat will call it corporate welfare lol

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Your story is incomplete. Just giving you the opportunity to fill in the blanks. But you can’t, can you? Hmmmm....

All of the dem candidates have said getting tough with China is the right thing to do. Can you just admit you and your biased media are pissed because it’s trump doing the right thing here MC? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

As long as it's not mine or yours, I guess so.

Well to be fair most indications are companies are absorbing much of it so very little is being passed on to consumers.....yet.  

Considering China's rule on them owning at least half of any American company in China it stands to reason China is paying for a good portion of it.  :bc:

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well to be fair most indications are companies are absorbing much of it so very little is being passed on to consumers.....yet.  

Considering China's rule on them owning at least half of any American company in China it stands to reason China is paying for a good portion of it.  :bc:

Bought a cutting edge for my tractors bucket, price was 25% more, GM 2500 rotors went from 38.00 to 72.00,  bevel gear for bailer  22.00 to 40.00,  hydraulic fittings thru the roof, my friend sold a hose and realized he was low on that size fitting, ordered more, the new ones were more than he sold the hose with fittings and labor for.  The dealership where I bought my tractor has a wall of product, pins, keyways, spacers, springs, and that sort of thing, according to my friend who manages the inventory the old retail price is about the same as the new wholesale, and he is a firm Trump supporter, the diner we eat at owned by a red hat wearing fox news on the TV  guy, he says in over 30 years in the business he has never seen increases in food as he has now. 

When retail prices are up the consumer pays, when the retailer eats cost increases he pays. I have no first hand knowledge of how much China is paying tariff wise, but all I have heard from economists and even the US COC is that the bulk is paid by the US.  The tariffs have really hurt China's economy in a big way no doubt.

I can't fault Trump too much for the tariffs because I thought long before he was pres. we should do them.  I realize now like many times before I probably was wrong, hopefully we get some kind of "meaningful agreement" with China, I have less faith everyday that we will.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Bought a cutting edge for my tractors bucket, price was 25% more, GM 2500 rotors went from 38.00 to 72.00,  bevel gear for bailer  22.00 to 40.00,  hydraulic fittings thru the roof, my friend sold a hose and realized he was low on that size fitting, ordered more, the new ones were more than he sold the hose with fittings and labor for.  The dealership where I bought my tractor has a wall of product, pins, keyways, spacers, springs, and that sort of thing, according to my friend who manages the inventory the old retail price is about the same as the new wholesale, and he is a firm Trump supporter, the diner we eat at owned by a red hat wearing fox news on the TV  guy, he says in over 30 years in the business he has never seen increases in food as he has now. 

When retail prices are up the consumer pays, when the retailer eats cost increases he pays. I have no first hand knowledge of how much China is paying tariff wise, but all I have heard from economists and even the US COC is that the bulk is paid by the US.  The tariffs have really hurt China's economy in a big way no doubt.

I can't fault Trump too much for the tariffs because I thought long before he was pres. we should do them.  I realize now like many times before I probably was wrong, hopefully we get some kind of "meaningful agreement" with China, I have less faith everyday that we will.

Well it surely isn't impacting inflation in any significant way.  :pc:

Some of our components that come from China have went up mildly but I can't say the impact has been at all significant.   We surely are not passing on double or triple like in your examples.   Strong dollar and China deflating its currency should cut into the impact as well.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Well it surely isn't impacting inflation in any significant way.  :pc:

Of course not, you can fudge numbers and they do, just like the 4.1 or real 3.1 GDP.

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not really.  Thru June the govt collected $63 billion in tariffs.  

7 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Collected from US Companies and consumers.

Whoops. High mark was using trump accounting. 

4 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Every once in a while there is a good post on here. This is one of them