New Tele scam or new to me?

irv

Just now I received a phone call supposedly from Visa, it was automated. The lady/recording says they have seen suspicious activity from Ebay purchases just this morning in the amounts of $300 and $1,100.

My wife received the same phone call Friday morning. It directed both of us, if we wished to cancel these transactions, to press 1. Neither of us did this but I am curious what's next if we did?

I haven't used a Visa card in likely over a year and I don't think my wife has either? I was tempted to push 1 just to jerk them around but I wasn't sure what that'd do exactly?

Who else has received this one and what did you do?

Edited by irv

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Just now I received a phone call supposedly from Visa, it was automated. The lady/recording says they have seen suspicious activity from Ebay purchases just this morning in the amounts of $300 and $1,100.

My wife received the same phone call Friday morning. It directed both of us, if we wished to cancel these transactions, to press 1. Neither of us did this but I am curious what's next if we did?

I haven't used a Visa card in likely over a year and I don't think my wife has either? I was tempted to push 1 just to jerk them around but I wasn't sure what that'd do exactly?

Who else has received this one and what did you do?

VISA would likely text you regarding a transaction with an exact amount and who the recipient was.  Was this you?

I've been getting BS calls from Service Canada about SIN's and owing money.:lol: Want to push 1 just to tell Trudeau to fuck off.:lol:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

VISA would likely text you regarding a transaction with an exact amount and who the recipient was.  Was this you?

I've been getting BS calls from Service Canada about SIN's and owing money.:lol: Want to push 1 just to tell Trudeau to fuck off.:lol:

Anytime, in the past, that we had a problem, we received a phone call from a real English speaking person not an automated one.

My wife told me about her phone call Friday night as I was at our trailer. I figured it was a scam but because she wasn't 100% sure, I was a bit concerned about it as I do purchase things off of Ebay/Amazon occasionally.

When I received the call today with the same spiel, I knew it was a new or new to me scam. 

I have yet to receive anything from SC about back taxes or Sin #'s but I assume it is only a matter of time? I would also be tempted to press one and tell them the exact same thing, only tell them my name was Trail maker instead. :lol:

If I receive another one, I think I will press 1 but I am still hesitant in doing so as I have no idea what that will do? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bladefever said:

It will just send you to another person who will try and get your personal info. Give them a bogus name and sin #. I'm sure your name is Donald J Trump....

43 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

ignore the fucktards. my ole lady got one two weeks ago. she ran to the bank and was told this is a common scam as per bladefevers statement

I enjoy screwing with them. Hardly any duct cleaning calls lately so hopefully this works with them as well? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 1995xcr600 said:

Called me just after 6AM with this one....

All mine have been very early as well, around 7 am. >:(

31 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I didn't respond to the call and now they're going to arrest me and put me in jail lol. That's the one we get the most lol

I've heard of those ones but nothing like that here yet. No calls now for a few days so hopefully they've moved on?

13 minutes ago, franks pond said:

my buddy acts like a old deaf guy when they call,the duct cleaning girl hung up on him ,🤣

I've been doing that recently as well. Tell them I can't hear them, tell them I only heard part of it, talk in a low voice, get the person to tell me to speak louder, etc, etc. The last 3-5 times they've called, they have all hung up on me. :lol:

Not saying it works but no scam calls now in over a week. :bc:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had another one today. :lol:

A company claiming to be "The HVAC" company said they were coming to check my hot water tank. I asked repeatedly, which HVAC company but that's all the oriental lady would tell me, we are "The HVAC" company.

My hot water tank is not a rental, I own it so I know there is no legitimacy to this call whatsoever. I'm sure if I was sucked in, they'd quickly condemn it and claim I either needed a new one or need to spend hundreds on repairs. 

20 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

A criminal offense has been brought forth on your Social Insurance Numbers, press 1 to speak to an Officer (Sean lol) hanging up will result in your arrest :lol:  

Yah, those are coming again, fuck off already.