Northern East Coast in April.

Woodtick

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m thinking it’s going to still be a bit chilly,but that’s ok. We don’t like hot weather.

I mean, early April, we can go ride the Tug Hill bro..:bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Might not be a great time to visit maine, kinda in between seasons there. Could still be alot of snow. 

That’s what I told the wife and she was fine with that.  We have a good time in the UP in April,I’m thinking it should be about the same weather.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s what I told the wife and she was fine with that.  We have a good time in the UP in April,I’m thinking it should be about the same weather.

ICe out and rivers breaking up can be cool to see.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I think the snow in Maine is similar to snow in Michigan... :dunno:

• Like 1

This is what the western UP looked like last April. This is what I’m expecting. Going in between season has it’s advantages. No crowds, and you don’t need reservations. You can change your plans and not have to worry about finding a place to stay.

FC03838D-5EE9-4996-8A7F-816BB941AF45.jpeg

april is a odd time to come to the coast of maine. it will be cold wet rainy or snowing. none of the tourist stuff will be open. if you wanted to ride the woods roads up north in your jeep you cant. not only the snow on the ground they are on company owned land and everyone stays off them during spring break up 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

april is a odd time to come to the coast of maine. it will be cold wet rainy or snowing. none of the tourist stuff will be open. if you wanted to ride the woods roads up north in your jeep you cant. not only the snow on the ground they are on company owned land and everyone stays off them during spring break up 

It’s probably like the UP with load restrictions on secondary roads limited to 3 tons,while the frost comes out of the ground? I’m thinking I’m going to try selling the wife on Naggs Head NC or Moab and CanyonLands? The UP becomes a ghost town because of the road restrictions. This is a valid point. 

14 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

it's honestly the worst time of year here being mud season,  from the first weekend in may on it's 100x better most years

More like Memorial Day up here, LOL.

4 hours ago, snowstorm said:

Yup, I've ridden more than once on paper company land roads on May 1st in northern NH.

if you must do bar harbor the west street hotel is very nice. if your on the island go to southwest harbor and drive the loop around sea wall and ships harbor hike. and rockland take the ferry to vinal haven or north haven and dont forget camden. or lincolnville and the ferry to ilsebouro . vinal haven is a working island. north haven and ilsebouro  are where the rich movie stars live in the summer

• Like 1