Northern East Coast in April.

Woodtick

Starting to plan a trip for next spring. I wanted to go out west but was out voted by the wife and daughter. We are into the outdoor type stuff.  We may base out of Maine and pop up to Canada?  I’m up for ideas on where to stay and must see’s. We will be driving out, and plan on being gone for about 12 days? The place we stay,has to have a indoor pool, to entertain the daughter. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Starting to plan a trip for next spring. I wanted to go out west but was out voted by the wife and daughter. We are into the outdoor type stuff.  We may base out of Maine and pop up to Canada?  I’m up for ideas on where to stay and must see’s. We will be driving out, and plan on being gone for about 12 days? The place we stay,has to have a indoor pool, to entertain the daughter. 

Let me know if you pass through NY homie..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Jackman is 20 minutes from the Quebec border.  Been riding there for 10 years now, and still finding new places to go. Ride sleds into Quebec, do as big of a loop as you want, go a month if you need to :bc: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Jackman is 20 minutes from the Quebec border.  Been riding there for 10 years now, and still finding new places to go. Ride sleds into Quebec, do as big of a loop as you want, go a month if you need to :bc: 

This won’t be a sledding trip. I wouldn’t rule out a day of it,but not much more than that.

23 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This won’t be a sledding trip. I wouldn’t rule out a day of it,but not much more than that.

Well unless you’re an atv’er or want a taste of “rustic” Maine, maybe not then.   :lol:   

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

If your going to Niagara Falls head north another 4hrs up into the Muskokas or the Kawarthas. Lots to see and do and places to stay. 

Yup. This is the basic loop we plan on taking. Take the north way out and the south leg back. We end up changing our routes as we go. 

0727FE2E-C43A-41F1-B3C0-59F892790ECA.png

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well unless you’re an atv’er or want a taste of “rustic” Maine, maybe not then.   :lol:   

We will be in a Jeep and always go off the beaten path. This was in Moab two years ago in April.

455AAADE-BC85-4492-A59C-DEB1567BC048.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yup. This is the basic loop we plan on taking. Take the north way out and the south leg back. We end up changing our routes as we go. 

I could recommend some really cool Jeeping spots in West Virginia if you want to dip down more on the loop back. Deep woods where you hardly see anyone type trails.

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Did about 75 miles of dirt roads on our way from Flagstaff to Moab a few years ago. 

882F4098-9E99-4C69-81EE-F717B33B1963.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I could recommend some really cool Jeeping spots in West Virginia if you want to dip down more on the loop back. Deep woods where you hardly see anyone type trails.

I’ve been to WV a bunch of times. Lots of great trails. We just did Tn a month ago. My wife has never been to the North East,so we are going to stick to that area.

24 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve been to WV a bunch of times. Lots of great trails. We just did Tn a month ago. My wife has never been to the North East,so we are going to stick to that area.

Maine coast. white mountains in NH and damn near anywhere in VT.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Bring the return trip further north

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's worth seeing..

A coworker was there for work and stayed at a hotel on the Canadian side with a balcony over looking the falls. I will probably look into that. I can’t use the company credit card like he did though. The price could throw a wrench into that idea.:lol:

26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A coworker was there for work and stayed at a hotel on the Canadian side with a balcony over looking the falls. I will probably look into that. I can’t use the company credit card like he did though. The price could throw a wrench into that idea.:lol:

The Canadian side is much much nice and more set up for tourist compared to the US side, at least it was like that 6-8 years ago..it's definitely a site to see, the amount of water moving is absolutely stunning..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The Canadian side is much much nice and more set up for tourist compared to the US side, at least it was like that 6-8 years ago..it's definitely a site to see, the amount of water moving is absolutely stunning..

While staying there we discovered Niagara on the Lake less than an hour north of the falls. Great day trip to a really great town with shops but more important outside street cafes with cold adult cocktails!

https://www.niagaraonthelake.com/

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ckf said:

Honestly the northeast sucks in April. Stick to the coast and cities at that time of year.

I’m thinking it’s going to still be a bit chilly,but that’s ok. We don’t like hot weather.

7 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Skip Massachusetts

Edited by Shifty