40% of retirees draw social security from outside United States

spin_dry

50 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Because they are smart.

What a moron you are, a little piece from the article, Spinfag gut hooked you with his dumb title. It isn’t 40% of retirees, it says it jumped 40%........what a couple of idiots.

The number of retirees who draw Social Security outside the U.S. jumped 40%, to more than 413,000, between 2007 to 2017, according to the Social Security Administration. 

To be sure, that's a fraction of the nation's 42 million retirees

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Poor Spinfraud, change your title dummy, it isn’t 40% of retirees...........it states those collecting SS abroad jumped 40%........what a moron. :lol:

Edited by snoughnut
  • Haha 1

I honestly believe the middle class is fading. People are either going richer or poorer. I have two older sisters, and if I didn't help them they would almost be homeless. They would have to sell the family land, which they would never do. 

I see people talking about not being able to afford a new car, and I can't believe it. On the surface they look like they are doing ok, but they obviously have no reserve wealth. 

Many people are not doing well. Some are though. 

24 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What a moron you are, a little piece from the article, Spinfag gut hooked you with his dumb title. It isn’t 40% of retirees, it says it jumped 40%........what a couple of idiots.

The number of retirees who draw Social Security outside the U.S. jumped 40%, to more than 413,000, between 2007 to 2017, according to the Social Security Administration. 

To be sure, that's a fraction of the nation's 42 million retirees

So retirees are not leaving?

16 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Poor Spinfraud, change your title dummy, it isn’t 40% of retirees...........it states those collecting SS abroad jumped 40%........what a moron. :lol:

He's taken a intern position with CNN.  He's not quite ready yet but, they're gettin' him there.  Just a bit more integrity and morality extraction from him is needed.  Just a bit....

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What’s president Tang gonna do about this?

Trump wasn’t president from 2007 to 2017....  so mostly some of Bush and a lot of Obama...

Despite Great progress under Trump it takes a long time to fix all the fuckups of the Obama/Bush regimes

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

Your money definitely goes further in some foreign countries.  And the climate in many of those places is just incredible.  A retired couple can live on $4000/month quite easily in many places.  $4k per month is basically poverty in all but just a few places in the states.  

Edited by AKIQPilot

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Your money definitely goes further in some foreign countries.  And the climate in many of those places is just incredible.  A retired couple can live on $4000/month quite easily in many places.  $4k per month is basically poverty in all but just a few places in the states.  

Good lord, give your head a shake. 4K per month for retirees is not poverty, Jesus Christ there’s plenty of retirees living in the US on far less than that per month. You sound like an elitist snob.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord, give your head a shake. 4K per month for retirees is not poverty, Jesus Christ there’s plenty of retirees living in the US on far less than that per month. You sound like an elitist snob.

$4k per month is bordering on poverty.  You definitely aren't doing much if $4k is your budget.  Could you live on $4k per month?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

$4k per month is bordering on poverty.  You definitely aren't doing much if $4k is your budget.  Could you live on $4k per month?  

Now you’re just being stupid, that’s just your opinion. The average retirees in the US are living on 3800 per month and you call 4000 poverty? Trust me, there’s not a lot people retiring enjoying the lifestyle you do, open your eyes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Now you’re just being stupid, that’s just your opinion. The average retirees in the US are living on 3800 per month and you call 4000 poverty? Trust me, there’s not a lot people retiring enjoying the lifestyle you do, open your eyes.

Can you and your wife live on $4k per month?  Add up all your expenses and tell us how much is left over if you're only earning $4k per month.  

$4k per month goes a lot further in many countries than it goes in the US.  

36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you don’t have a mortgage 4K a month is easy.

(after taxes)

Edited by Mainecat

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Retirees typical not going to have lodging cost....  if a retiree is clearing 4K a month that would prolly be equivalent to what....  70-80k a year during the working years? 

Retirees have property taxes and energy costs for sure.  Those can easily eat up $500 per month depending on where you live.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Can you and your wife live on $4k per month?  Add up all your expenses and tell us how much is left over if you're only earning $4k per month.  

$4k per month goes a lot further in many countries than it goes in the US.  

Whether my wife and I can live on 4K in retirement is not the point. The point is that 4K per month in retirement is not poverty like you believe. 

• Thanks 1