And the NHL season starts....

irv

1 minute ago, irv said:

Who is the 17 yr old prospect? I thought Fiala might have helped you guys but he hasn't been the same since he played alongside Neal before he broke his leg.

Quinton byefield.  CFL rookie of the year.  Prolly gonna be the #1 pick.  6-4 and like 210 and he’s only 17.  Impressive stats.  Right now he could play in the NHL.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Quinton byefield.  CFL rookie of the year.  Prolly gonna be the #1 pick.  6-4 and like 210 and he’s only 17.  Impressive stats.  Right now he could play in the NHL.

Never heard of him but I see he is playing for the Sudbury Wolves so hopefully I get a chance to go see him when the Wolves come to town? 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/next-gen-prospects-quinton-byfield-eyeing-no-1-pick-2020-nhl-draft/

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think he goes 2nd behind Lafrennierre

I'm just assuming we wont get the 1st pick because we are Minnesota. Even if we had 95% chance at #1 we'd still fall to the 2 slot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Never heard of him but I see he is playing for the Sudbury Wolves so hopefully I get a chance to go see him when the Wolves come to town? 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/next-gen-prospects-quinton-byfield-eyeing-no-1-pick-2020-nhl-draft/

Impressive stats and some nice highlight reel footage....but they all are.  We’ll see.  

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think he goes 2nd behind Lafrennierre

I'm just assuming we wont get the 1st pick because we are Minnesota. Even if we had 95% chance at #1 we'd still fall to the 2 slot

If he’s got a future in the NHL, it won’t be Minnesota.  We don’t have a core that can help him.  

We are lost....and I don’t see a way to fix short of a complete resurrection.  Jobs are being looked at now.  Boudreau is in trouble, and quite frankly, I don’t think he wants anything more to do with this mess of prima Donna “State of Hockey” back patters.  Our locker room is in complete shambles.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Impressive stats and some nice highlight reel footage....but they all are.  We’ll see.  

If he’s got a future in the NHL, it won’t be Minnesota.  We don’t have a core that can help him.  

We are lost....and I don’t see a way to fix short of a complete resurrection.  Jobs are being looked at now.  Boudreau is in trouble, and quite frankly, I don’t think he wants anything more to do with this mess of prima Donna “State of Hockey” back patters.  Our locker room is in complete shambles.

Its 100% Fentons fault. The team we had was never gonna win the cup but to trade 3 legit middle 6 players for what amounts to a bag of pucks killed the team. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He skates/plays too far forward like his stick is too short. He won't get away with that in the NHL unless he learns to play more erect. He's only 17 though so he is still learning.

33 pts in 18 games so far so it doesn't affect his OHL game any. Sudbury is in Oshawa on the 24th for an afternoon game so I am going to try and get tickets.

https://oshawagenerals.com/players/7918

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its 100% Fentons fault. The team we had was never gonna win the cup but to trade 3 legit middle 6 players for what amounts to a bag of pucks killed the team. 

It’s just hard to assign blame anymore.  We’ve traded our most promising players for seasons only to watch them become assets to other teams making deep runs into the playoffs.  There’s a contagious losing virus in our locker room.  We’ve turned into a fucking farm team and a punchline in a state that only falls second to the entire country of Canada in grooming pro hockey players.

I’ve had about enough of this shit.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just hard to assign blame anymore.  We’ve traded our most promising players for seasons only to watch them become assets to other teams making deep runs into the playoffs.  There’s a contagious losing virus in our locker room.  We’ve turned into a fucking farm team and a punchline in a state that only falls second to the entire country of Canada in grooming pro hockey players.

I’ve had about enough of this shit.

Its Minnesota dude....its what we deserve for having the best of everything else I guess

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its Minnesota dude....its what we deserve for having the best of everything else I guess

This made me chuckle because, there’s a lot of truth to it.  This is why pro sports championships are so important to Chicago.  They got ass smell there.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

This made me chuckle because, there’s a lot of truth to it.  This is why pro sports championships are so important to Chicago.  They got ass smell there.  :lol:

Yup

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. The frog is going #1!

I havent seen him play but if hes goes 1st over Byfield then he must be an amazing generational talent. Byfield is a C and word is hes a spitting image of Lindros

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I havent seen him play but if hes goes 1st over Byfield then he must be an amazing generational talent. Byfield is a C and word is hes a spitting image of Lindros

I saw one little spot on tsn.

THey compared to Crosby and mcdavid. 

Said he could be as good if not better....

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I saw one little spot on tsn.

THey compared to Crosby and mcdavid. 

Said he could be as good if not better....

Insane how good these kids are these days. We are seeing the end of an age where players who dont have ++ speed and hands just cant compete. The Jamie Benn and David Backes style players are a thing of the past

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Insane how good these kids are these days. We are seeing the end of an age where players who dont have ++ speed and hands just cant compete. The Jamie Benn and David Backes style players are a thing of the past

That’s not really true Mark Stone is one of the best wingers in the league and he’s a bad skater. Hockey IQ off the charts though. 

Edited by frenchy

looks like Don Cherry is finally going to get the boot he has deserved for some time.

He definitely crossed the line last Saturday night, and pissed off a lot of imports.

I,ll be very surprised if he doesn,t get fired before this Saturday night.

15 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

looks like Don Cherry is finally going to get the boot he has deserved for some time.

He definitely crossed the line last Saturday night, and pissed off a lot of imports.

B.S. What he said was a 100% spot on! Funny how a Blackface Trudeau is acceptable but Don Cherry speaking the truth gets all the liberal's panties in a bunch. 

• Like 1

Just now, irv said:

B.S. What he said was a 100% spot on! Funny how a Blackface Trudeau is acceptable but Don Cherry speaking the truth gets all the liberal's panties in a bunch. 

Not only the liberals. He is fukked this time. The imports are gathering steam on social media, and he will be gone. I thought Ron McLean was going to cry while apologizing on Sunday night, probably afraid of getting a kick in the nuts as well. 

14 minutes ago, irv said:

Yep.  Cherry was always off the handle but I like him and he is spot on here. 

Oh....the horror!  He called immigrants “you people”.  

You people... you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple bucks for a poppy or something like that," Mr Cherry said. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Not only the liberals. He is fukked this time. The imports are gathering steam on social media, and he will be gone. I thought Ron McLean was going to cry while apologizing on Sunday night, probably afraid of getting a kick in the nuts as well. 

Going to cry; seriously?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6151647/don-cherry-immigrants-poppies/

Like I said, what Cherry said was spot on. Glad he had to balls to say it. We are brainwashed in this society not to speak up about injustices and double standards and most are afraid to say exactly what they think for fear of being called a racist even though what they have to say is the truth.

trudiot4.jpg

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

GMAFB. He was spot on.

1 hour ago, irv said:

sad is what it is. Trudeau can parade around with his face painted black, a banana tee shirt on, and socks stuffed down his pants and that's all cool but Cherry calls out Toronto fuck heads who don't wear poppies and he's the bad guy.

• Like 1

I,m not disagreeing with you guys one bit, but times have changed, and now everyone is so sensitive. I,m actually shocked things have swung this far so fast, with nobody being able to put the brakes on. IF he isn,t gone before Saturday, I,ll be very surprised.

This will definitely be his last year. His old ways of being able to blabber on and say what is on his mind will not sit well with the new networks, who are trying to pick up more and more viewers, from all the different races.

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m not disagreeing with you guys one bit, but times have changed, and now everyone is so sensitive. I,m actually shocked things have swung this far so fast, with nobody being able to put the brakes on. IF he isn,t gone before Saturday, I,ll be very surprised.

This will definitely be his last year. His old ways of being able to blabber on and say what is on his mind will not sit well with the new networks, who are trying to pick up more and more viewers, from all the different races.

Times are changing back to more sensible times.  This is ignorant shit and people are just sick and tired of “defiant” snowflakes forcing their will on society.

• Like 1