And the NHL season starts....

irv

............last night.

Not really sure who is going to do well this year as I haven't really followed or paid any attention to anyone other than the Leafs.

I like the addition of Barrie but I don't know much about the other players they picked up (Kerfoot, etc) I was never a fan of Spezza as I think he's lazy but maybe he'll have a decent season, who knows?

I'm glad Marner is signed now. I was afraid the Leafs were going to screw that up somehow?

Who looks good this year and who is a contender? 

13 hours ago, irv said:

............last night.

Not really sure who is going to do well this year as I haven't really followed or paid any attention to anyone other than the Leafs.

I like the addition of Barrie but I don't know much about the other players they picked up (Kerfoot, etc) I was never a fan of Spezza as I think he's lazy but maybe he'll have a decent season, who knows?

I'm glad Marner is signed now. I was afraid the Leafs were going to screw that up somehow?

Who looks good this year and who is a contender? 

Leafs are officially the softest team I can ever remember being iced in the NHL. They'll score a ton but their D is still shit and come playoffs they will get pushed around like rag dolls again.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Just watched one of the Wild’s new additions (Hartman) beat the snot out of some sap like they were a horsey broom then, discarded him on the ice.  I fucking LOL’d!!!!  

We lost in OT so, we’re looking normal already.  

:wall: 

He definitely made short work of that scrap. https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n259020

2 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Vancouver is gonna be greatly improved this season. 

Leafs are gonna lose in the first round. 

Jets gonna be a low seed. 

I hate Vancouver but I also heard that last night in intermission.

Leafs looked terrible last night but I think they wanted DJ to get his first win? 

I don't care about Laine, although I like the Jets. Imo, after what he has said, they will try to move him if they can?

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Leafs are officially the softest team I can ever remember being iced in the NHL. They'll score a ton but their D is still shit and come playoffs they will get pushed around like rag dolls again.

Yeah, we'll see, but the addition of Barrie and Harpur certainly isn't going to hurt them and Harpur definitely adds some much needed toughness.

I say they do better this year than last if they manage to gel and stay healthy. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, we'll see, but the addition of Barrie and Harpur certainly isn't going to hurt them and Harpur definitely adds some much needed toughness.

I say they do better this year than last if they manage to gel and stay healthy. 

Harpur is not a physical player. It was hard watching him in Ottawa because he's very passive. I think they tried to make him play more physical but he just wouldn't - don't think he has it in him. Frustrating part is he's actually a good fighter too.

Just now, frenchy said:

Harpur is not a physical player. It was hard watching him in Ottawa because he's very passive. I think they tried to make him play more physical but he just wouldn't - don't think he has it in him. Frustrating part is he's actually a good fighter too.

I don't know much about him and that's sad to hear what you said. When the Leafs were touting him, they showed the fights and I immediately thought that's just what the Leafs need but if he doesn't play physical then he won't be much help at all as the Leafs definitely need that in spades.

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Just like the goat.  Afraid to use his size.  Ceci will slot right in zaitsevs poor play.  

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That just cracked my up.  Just a quick beating then thrown to the ice and left to die.  :lol: 

For a relatively smaller guy he sure looks like he enjoys scrapping, which is OK by me. 

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16240

Just now, irv said:

For a relatively smaller guy he sure looks like he enjoys scrapping, which is OK by me. 

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16240

Yeah...I took a look at him last week.  Always been known as a scrapper.  That's always good to have on ice.  They don't all need to be heavyweight enforcers to make a presence on the ice and keep other players a tad off their focus.  Clutterbuck was great at that.  I miss him.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I took a look at him last week.  Always been known as a scrapper.  That's always good to have on ice.  They don't all need to be heavyweight enforcers to make a presence on the ice and keep other players a tad off their focus.  Clutterbuck was great at that.  I miss him.

As long as he plays that enforcer role and doesn't go looking to scrap at any given moment, he'll help the team but if he spends too much time in the box, he'll be sent packing like he already has a few times. 

Just now, irv said:

As long as he plays that enforcer role and doesn't go looking to scrap at any given moment, he'll help the team but if he spends too much time in the box, he'll be sent packing like he already has a few times. 

Dude....this is the MN WIld.  I'll take entertainment over wins.  HA!  Like there is a real choice anymore.  Twenty years of rooting for them in the "State of Hockey"...I'm growing tired of this mediocre shit.  There is just too much good puck to watch here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Dude....this is the MN WIld.  I'll take entertainment over wins.  HA!  Like there is a real choice anymore.  Twenty years of rooting for them in the "State of Hockey"...I'm growing tired of this mediocre shit.  There is just too much good puck to watch here.

A mediocre nhl product is still 1000x better than the most elite non nhl product. It's that simple..we have no choice

• 1 month later...

Innocent enough of a play but a bad result. Backes can be a dirty player but he did nothing wrong here. Looks like they banged heads and Sabourin got the worst of it. Backes is clearly upset and has left the game due to this and is showing a side to him I never thought I'd see.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Minnesota looks good to make a run for the Stan Lee Mug.

4 and 9 with a -15 GD

:lol:

STATE OF HOCKEY!!!!  

Listen you stupid fuck.....I already told you 

WE ARE QUITTIN FOR QUINTON

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Listen you stupid fuck.....I already told you 

WE ARE QUITTIN FOR QUINTON

An entire pro team throwing their pride and season away for a 17 year old prospect? 

The wild can move....Texas can have two teams.  What an abysmal failure.  4-10

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

An entire pro team throwing their pride and season away for a 17 year old prospect

The wild can move....Texas can have two teams.  What an abysmal failure.  5-9

Who is the 17 yr old prospect? I thought Fiala might have helped you guys but he hasn't been the same since he played alongside Neal before he broke his leg.