Boat issues- **PROBLEM SOLVED- thanks

Sedz

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hey, those heffers are an integral part of my ballast/wake system.

Marine stereos have a few differences.  My Clarion CMD has no holes on the top surface of the chassis, the PCB is completely encased/waterproofed in urethane, and the front panel is splash proof without a cover.  The wiring harness has a water shedder above it, to prohibit any water ingress into the connector.  The transom remote is waterproof also, and it sees lots of water.  I use 2 automotive amps with no problems, but the decks will eventually fry and be NFG if it's mounted in the cockpit/helm area.  Just a matter of time & the wrong conditions.

ever had any issues with your amps? I had a kicker amp that fried itself and it seem like the new one is already on the same career path. My stereo cuts in and out when the boat isn't running. Works fine when the boat is running though.

57 minutes ago, Sedz said:

ever had any issues with your amps? I had a kicker amp that fried itself and it seem like the new one is already on the same career path. My stereo cuts in and out when the boat isn't running. Works fine when the boat is running though.

Check n double tigthen all your battery leads and the connection to the amp switch if you have. Triple check the ground loop from battery to motor to amp, sounds like the ground side is bad and the vibration from the motor keeps it working when it's running, the amp constantly turning on off will pop it. Use di-electric grease and wrenches where ever possible

Edited by Tinker

Or your batteries are getting low and don't have the power when the alternator is not helping.  My green bastard had car deck, amp, speakers and subs and was all fine. I never worried about water getting on it either.  ( kenwood amp and JL audio speakers and sub)

On June 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Post #3; you're welcome.  There was no need to read any further.....

If the wires are as old as the boat, I'd do them too.  Especially if the boat sits in the water a lot, is damp, etc. 

Yep, I said the same.....but there is no way that thing ran fine when it was stored, 13 mph...way more to the story....lol

Edited by Poncho

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Yep, I said the same.....but there is no way that thing ran fine when it was stored, 13 mph...way more to the story....lol

13 mph with people and ballast. When we dropped it off last year it had run perfect all year. I feel like the marina was using it a lot because it was almost when dropped off and had hardly any gas left when we picked it up this year.