2020 ram is the safest truck

Anler

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

12 f150 5.0 175k 16 mpg avrage . 

15 f150 110k 5.o about same mpg

16 promaster city 4cyl  40k about 24mpg  and side note only had a yr bought used but still been in shop more than my 12 f150 lol sad but true .

. I have a very heavy foot henc the not great mpg 

towing with the f150s both around 9 or 10 mpg but again I am rolling 75+ 

My 07 Tundra did that.  Nothings changed from the sounds of it from my last truck, and I have zero interest in a full sized 4 cylinder pickup.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Talking gas mileage in a pick up is like comparing notes on which panty liner is best.

Not really, when you actually use it all the time fuel economy is pretty important. As is reliability... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

We bought a promaster with the v6. It hasn't been a stellar vehicle, it's been in the shop quite a bit. 

The most reliable trucks we've had were all 6.0 gmc's. Things run forever. 

I am looking hard at the Nissan nv 2500 with dealer installed 4x4 .

from what I understand it has the ram v8 in it . not 100% on that getting mixed reply on that .

Will look deeper before stroking that to big check 

your promaster is the big one mine is the small one . a fiat Diablo in other counterys 

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My 07 Tundra did that.  Nothings changed from the sounds of it from my last truck, and I have zero interest in a full sized 4 cylinder pickup.

lol a bud got that Chevy 4cyl a few mo back it was pretty relentless when he showed up with it at a guys atv weekend .

I get why he got it long freeway  commute every day but still just a tampon delivery truck 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Don't get me wrong. My Ford is dissolving in the driveway as we speak.

It was the last vehicle I ever bought new and said "You need to have your head examined to spend this kind of money."

Yeah I bought a couple Ford's, that was dumb...

We have a 2012 Ram with just over 200K kms on it. Towing the dblewide enclosed shitty gas mileage. Towing the V- nosed  enclosed mileage wasn't too bad. Towing the open trailer is like it's not even there. We usually avg 20 m/gal and running along at 120 km/h going on a long trip we were around 24 m/gal. The lowest I've seen on the readout was 9.2/100 kms

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have a 2012 Ram with just over 200K kms on it. Towing the dblewide enclosed shitty gas mileage. Towing the V- nosed  enclosed mileage wasn't too bad. Towing the open trailer is like it's not even there. We usually avg 20 m/gal and running along at 120 km/h going on a long trip we were around 24 m/gal. The lowest I've seen on the readout was 9.2/100 kms

The 8 speed transmission makes a big difference. I have a 3.90 rear end too. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Mine usually floats between 15-18. Unless I'm towing up north for 7 hours then it can go down to 12. But Thursday night I drove home from a banquet and put the cruise control on at 5 over the speed limit cuz I had a few drinks. 60 miles back and mpgs were at 19.9. I think the new tires I put on this summer made a big diff on the mpgs. 

I am going to need new tires next year, and like trying to pick out a new sled, I am undecided which tire to go with? Most likely and mostly to do with cost, I am going to go with Copper something or other?

I've used Cooper winter tires now for quite a few years and they are wearing/working excellent, imo. My father purchased some Copper Continental's or something like that and he loves them. Says they are one of the best riding tires he has ever had, and he is 80 yrs old. Because I already have dedicated snows, I want more of a hwy tire than an all season but I will likely have a tough time finding those as they will be a 20" truck tire, obviously.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

How fucking lazy do you have to be to get an electric tailgate. Ffs

He didn't want it. He wanted the rest of the package. AS far as Im concerned it's loaded with shit one dosnt need that will break.

10 minutes ago, irv said:

I am going to need new tires next year, and like trying to pick out a new sled, I am undecided which tire to go with? Most likely and mostly to do with cost, I am going to go with Copper something or other?

I've used Cooper winter tires now for quite a few years and they are wearing/working excellent, imo. My father purchased some Copper Continental's or something like that and he loves them. Says they are one of the best riding tires he has ever had, and he is 80 yrs old. Because I already have dedicated snows, I want more of a hwy tire than an all season but I will likely have a tough time finding those as they will be a 20" truck tire, obviously.

I had bf at's before these and they wore poorly. I'm finding a good all season is better for most everything. I have some kumhos on it now and they have performed pretty well.