f7ben ftmfw

f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I prefer using spacers with quality tile. With cheap ceramic it doesn’t matter because they aren’t all cut close enough

The pattern isn’t fucked up. They are spaced from the center row out and the diagonals will run in two different directions from the center two rows. 

Im not a pro tile man but I’ve done thousands of square feet and several showers and tubs. I wish I could afford to just pay someone else to do it

It's just not hard enough to pay somebody else to do it, IMO.  It's nice to have a "hander/cut man" to make it go faster though, especially on long runs.  Small spaces suck..showers, bathrooms, halls, closets, etc....

And YES..some good knee pads for sure...worth paying extra for those fuckers for sure.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's just not hard enough to pay somebody else to do it, IMO.  It's nice to have a "hander/cut man" to make it go faster though, especially on long runs.  Small spaces suck..showers, bathrooms, halls, closets, etc....

And YES..some good knee pads for sure...worth paying extra for those fuckers for sure.

My dad is mixing and cutting....he’s saving my ass from getting up and down off the floor 2000x a day. I’m gonna be lost when I lose my old man. He’ll tell you he ain’t good for much but just having him show up and get my ass in gear every day is worth his weight in gold

• Like 2

Just now, f7ben said:

My dad is mixing and cutting....he’s saving my ass from getting up and down off the floor 2000x a day. I’m gonna be lost when I lose my old man. He’ll tell you he ain’t good for much but just having him show up and get my ass in gear every day is worth his weight in gold

That's the shittiest part for sure.  

We'll all miss our old mans when they pass.  Haven't seen mine in three years...time to make a trip!

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

the never ending reno....

Technically I’ve only been working on this house for less than 6 years lol

ive added 1000sq’ of additions and the existing 1700sq’ was a complete rehab