f7ben ftmfw

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Bringing boxes of old clothes somewhere really doesn't count

Neither does bragging about working for “free” at a Gus Macker Tournament..do you normally ask to be paid...SMH.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yes....7/12 exterior and 4/12 inside. 

I scored 152 sheets of 4x8x4" high density foam for $1000. It's going under the slab , in the walls and on the roof.

I'm trying to get this whole addition done for under $20k so I've been shopping as wisely as possible. 

Insulate the footing too.  You will be glad you did.

Just now, f7ben said:

No....that would be dumb. I'll put 2" foam around 2 sides 4' out. I wouldnt actually insulate the footing though. That would serve zero purpose

Wrong.  Placed vertically,  blue or white board insulation on the outside of the footing is almost mandatory.  Contractors here will not pour a footing without insulating it with blue board.  A 4' wide parameter around the top of the footing is also good but the vertical insulation around the entire perimeter is preferred.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wrong.  Placed vertically,  blue or white board insulation on the outside of the footing is almost mandatory.  Contractors here will not pour a footing without insulating it with blue board.  A 4' wide parameter around the top of the footing is also good but the vertical insulation around the entire perimeter is preferred.  

You really have no idea what this footing and block work is or this commentary would be made. There is zero reason to put any insulation on this footing. Zero. That is a waste of material and labor

This is the correct way to insulate a slab on grade with footings.  This is code here in AK.  You don't have this option since you already poured your footings so you just need to insulate the vertial part of the footing and under the slab that you have yet poured. 

021257088-heat-loss-through-footings_xlg

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

You really have no idea what this footing and block work is or this commentary would be made. There is zero reason to put any insulation on this footing. Zero. That is a waste of material and labor

You are absolutely wrong Ben.  There have been countless studies done on the proper way to insulate a footing.  The best way is shown in the picture above.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

This is the correct way to insulate a slab on grade with footings.  This is code here in AK.  You don't have this option since you already poured your footings so you just need to insulate the vertial part of the footing and under the slab that you have yet poured. 

021257088-heat-loss-through-footings_xlg

That picture has literally nothing to do with my foundation. Nothing. 

That is exactly how I would insulate a slab on grade and it's exactly how I did my last addition

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

You are absolutely wrong Ben.  There have been countless studies done on the proper way to insulate a footing.  The best way is shown in the picture above.  

Listen Tom....I'll post pics and you'll understand. Ok?

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.  That is how deep footings are insulated here.  Horizontal insulation around the perimeter of the foundation was discontinued in the 80's around here.  

I dont have a fucking crawl space dude. There is 60 yds of fill going back inside and a slab being poured.....good god

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Weak pouts.  Just like you.  A weak little bitch 

Yeah, yeah...Jay...quit being such a thin skinned twat for a day...you might like it. Now you and Shit Tickets quit fucking up Bens thread!!! 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, f7ben said:

I dont have a fucking crawl space dude. There is 60 yds of fill going back inside and a slab being poured.....good god

I know that.  Horizontal insulation around the perimeter of a footing was discontinued over 30 years ago here.  It's not as effective as vertically insulating the footing.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

That is nothing like what I'm building

I completely understand that.  The idea is to prevent the heat from escaping.  Vertical insulation around the footing prevents the heat from escaping.  Horizontal insulation does not.  

• Thanks 1