2020 cat 800 on the dyno at bikeman!!

Rod

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The chassis will break before full hp is realized. This has got to be the most ridiculous journey looking for missing hp that I’ve ever seen. It’s like snipe hunting. :lol: 

Why do non snowmobilers care at all about this?  Like life, you gave up sledding long ago.

2 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

Hearing interesting things 

Wait til you see them!!!!!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

Why do non snowmobilers care at all about this?  Like life, you gave up sledding long ago.

I’ve always been curious about mankind’s ventures into areas of irrelevant and meaningless endeavors as an attempt to secure the ego state. Snowmobiles in giant ice boxes takes it to an entirely new level. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ve always been curious about mankind’s ventures into areas of irrelevant and meaningless endeavors as an attempt to secure the ego state. Snowmobiles in giant ice boxes takes it to an entirely new level. 

I’m just as curious about mankind’s ability to decide what is or isn’t “irrelevant and meaningless” to others as they spend their lives trying to make others live by heir own rules to satisfy their own failures as they attempt to keep themselves on a righteous pedestal.

I’m just as curious about mankind’s ability to decide what is or isn’t “irrelevant and meaningless” to others as they spend their lives trying to make others live by heir own rules to satisfy their own failures as they attempt to keep themselves on a righteous pedestal.

When you realize an attempt is futile at worst, stupid and best....you can always pull that arguement out from under the bed. :lol: 

Hey, I bought a shitty sled or two in my day. Happens to the best. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Is that why you are attracted to Airstreams? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When you realize an attempt is futile at worst, stupid and best....you can always pull that arguement out from under the bed. :lol: 

Hey, I bought a shitty sled or two in my day. Happens to the best. 

Some of us give up much faster and justify it by calling it “futile” or “stupid”.

Life is mediocre at best for these types.  Mostly made happier by their mental ability to believe themselves calling their decisions just.....as they plugged their way along an unexciting and uneventful life.

Some of us give up much faster and justify it by calling it “futile” or “stupid”.

Life is mediocre at best for these types.  Mostly made happier by their mental ability to believe themselves calling their decisions just.....as they plugged their way along an unexciting and uneventful life.

That pretty much nails it.  Did you find that somewhere or make it up yourself? 

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Is that why you are attracted to Airstreams? 

Plywood construction. Excellent resale value. Incredible towing ease. Doesn’t look like a bread box or redneck tree fort. Don’t need to run it 5 hours on dyno to prove it’s something that it’s not. Yeah. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Plywood construction. Excellent resale value. Incredible towing ease. Doesn’t look like a bread box or redneck tree fort. Don’t need to run it 5 hours on dyno to prove it’s something that it’s not. Yeah. 

It's overpriced junk to satisfy an ego.  Nothing more than that.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Might as well have been.  Running an engine at "light throttle" for five hours isn't proper break in.  WTF?

I highly doubt he didn't wack the the throttle many many times.

No,,. Not properly broke it. But you ain'tnt getting that 7%.

No plasma coating on the new bitch.

Edited by awful knawful

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I highly doubt he didn't wack the the throttle many many times.

No,,. Not properly broke it. But you ain'tnt getting that 7%.

No plasma coating on the new bitch.

Are the new cyls plasma coated or not?  I see speculation both ways.  Why won't Cat just come out and say it.  

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Are the new cyls plasma coated or not?  I see speculation both ways.  Why won't Cat just come out and say it.  

Plasma lined cylinders use a spray on coating. Super heated, high velocity spray using a metal wire that aerosols and embeds in the cylinder wall. It’s been in the auto and marine field for years. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Jim at DTR took a motor apart and said absolutely not plasma coated. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Plasma lined cylinders use a spray on coating. Super heated, high velocity spray using a metal wire that aerosols and embeds in the cylinder wall. It’s been in the auto and marine field for years. 

Right I know the process but I can't find where Cat has actually said whether their new cyls are plasma coated or not.  There are several opinions that they are and some that they are not.