2020 cat 800 on the dyno at bikeman!!

Rod

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That shit is said about every speed shop, SW, SLP, Bikeman, Etc...

I just ordered some clutch parts and worked with them on some helix ideas.  I found them helpful and customer service and shipping was too notch.  Same as I have found with SLP and SW.  

What’s also amazing is, whether it be car, bikes sleds or whatever, seems nobody gives honest dyno results.  They all wasted their money buying them.  :lol:

"Helix ideas" ......like this

Derpbroski - I'm thinking about running my sled without a helix for added weight savings bro.....

Bikeman - That's a bad plan...try one of our ti cut ultra helixes....it'll dave you two clicks on your west rear clicker

LilXammykins - Ok...I ordered

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

"Helix ideas" ......like this

Derpbroski - I'm thinking about running my sled without a helix for added weight savings bro.....

Bikeman - That's a bad plan...try one of our ti cut ultra helixes....it'll dave you two clicks on your west rear clicker

LilXammykins - Ok...I ordered

Do you even helix?  

"Muh...ramp angles are for jumping my wicked skateboard!"

:lol2:

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Putting a varying load on the motor while going through the RPM’s is a much better way to break it in then letting the damn thing idle on a stand for hours :lol:

The dyno is loading the engine, nothing is idling...................thanks for not watching :lol:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

The dyno is loading the engine, nothing is idling...................thanks for not watching :lol:

I believe he was referencing the last dyno where they just let the engine idle for 5 or so ours to break it in.  This is how you make an 800 sled a 700!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Nice fail at a Gotch ya moment Vinny Bologna  :lol: Thanks for playing  :bigfinger:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I believe he was referencing the last dyno where they just let the engine idle for 5 or so ours to break it in.  This is how you make an 800 sled a 700!

It's like he reads backwards or something but I'm the pollock  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's like he reads backwards or something but I'm the pollock  :lol: 

IDK what video he just watched.  Clearly it wasn't all of it.  SMH.  TDS is devastating.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Engine didn't idle for 5 hours

I remember reading something similar to that.  Light run time doesn't get it done properly.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Engine didn't idle for 5 hours

The Cat was dyno'd at Dynotech and it got past break in mode supposedly by idling on the stand for hours. This time Bikeman had his dyno load the motor to varying degrees and RPM's to better simulate a normal break in period.   :bc: 

Vinny Bologna, that help you out a bit 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

IDK what video he just watched.  Clearly it wasn't all of it.  SMH.  TDS is devastating.

I remember reading something similar to that.  Light run time doesn't get it done properly.

Reminds the time someone tried to tell me to vary the RPM so the piston doesn't stop at the same spot all the time. He thought if you rev it more it'll travel further up the bore  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The Cat was dyno'd at Dynotech and it got past break in mode supposedly by idling on the stand for hours. This time Bikeman had his dyno load the motor to varying degrees and RPM's to better simulate a normal break in period.   :bc: 

Vinny Bologna, that help you out a bit 

Read the last line of the first paragraph.

IT WASNT AT IDLE

8D16A1F0-A316-45E3-B258-92C5AEEA5221.thumb.png.109f2d6251b06b8754494faadc10db16.png

The pre breakin torque numbers were pretty impresive.    Over 100 for 500 rpm.    I'm excited to see what it can do.

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Reminds the time someone tried to tell me to vary the RPM so the piston doesn't stop at the same spot all the time. He thought if you rev it more it'll travel further up the bore  :lol: 

No fucking way.  Who the fuck said that?!?!?!  Somebody here?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No fucking way.  Who the fuck said that?!?!?!  Somebody here?

I mean the difference between idle and light throttle is  maybe 1500 rpm which might equate to an extra 1.65mm of travel for the piston :sarcasm1:

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Might as well have been.  Running an engine at "light throttle" for five hours isn't proper break in.  WTF?

Dynotech lost me at "SLIGHTLY revised for 2020 with new cylinders, pistons, head and ecu configuration." Just a couple of tweeks...