RIP American Snowmobiler

Skidooski

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it if people register there sleds,old or new . our share of the gas,tax is 100% tied to registration 

The State of Michigan likes to fuck with our funding.

35 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it if people register there sleds,old or new . our share of the gas,tax is 100% tied to registration 

Sled sales are in decline even after an epic winter.  Our funding is pilfered a bit more every year.....quietly and secretively.  State trails are being groomed later from the start and it is stopped earlier from the end.  Clubs are being delayed on reimbursements and our dedicated trails are under attack by all others wanting access, no matter the damage to the trails or injury they may cause to themselves or snowmobilers.  We are lucky enough to live in a hold out state but, we are slowly losing the battle.  

But....let’s  ot Leave out our worst enemy in sledding’s demise....OURSELVES.

Our trail passes in Wisconsin are up from previous years so people are still riding sleds but they are not buying new sleds like the old days. In 10 years an ATV will be run right in the ground for the most part and sleds you can still find good sleds out running around from the 80's and 90's and 2000's. 

Same old story but it bears repeating that as a group sledders need to quit pissing people off in particular land owners...littering, trespassing, off trail riding, noise...we need to be better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Same old story but it bears repeating that as a group sledders need to quit pissing people off in particular land owners...littering, trespassing, off trail riding, noise...we need to be better.

same issue 20 years ago. But has gotten worse I suspect

Just now, Pete said:

same issue 20 years ago. But has gotten worse I suspect

Yeah it seems to be worse now from the perspective of who is buying land at least in this area. Sled numbers are down as is the epic snowmodrinking of days gone by but complaints are up.

15 hours ago, Highmark said:

Sign of things to come.  

Jet Ski's are down to 2 mfg's.   Sled's might be soon enough as well.  

I thought its 3 ?  kawi , sea doo and yam 

EDIT:  nm, I see other posts now lol.  now I wonder what will happen for remaining of issues? I think I got a year left. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head