RIP American Snowmobiler

Skidooski

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sign of things to come.  

Jet Ski's are down to 2 mfg's.   Sled's might be soon enough as well.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sign of things to come.  

Jet Ski's are down to 2 mfg's.   Sled's might be soon enough as well.  

sleds are just too goddamn expensive now. late 90s was the best ever

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

That was the peak of snowmobiling. I remember when the Mach Z came out in 05 and was $10k and we were like WTF? :lol: the good ole days

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Magazines are dying, they need to start youtube channels

Yep...back in the day I couldn’t wait for all of them to show up in the mail...now they send them for free.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...back in the day I couldn’t wait for all of them to show up in the mail...now they send them for free.

Personally I think Snowtech is the only one that has been worth a shit. I would like to see those guys move on to youtube or something because I like alot of their articles and reviews. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Personally I think Snowtech is the only one that has been worth a shit. I would like to see those guys move on to youtube or something because I like alot of their articles and reviews. 

yup

snowtech was it. I did get American snowmobiler for one year but snowtech ruled the roost

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Snowtech always was the best. The rest of them just seem like advertising shills for the manufacturers.

I tweaked the fuck out of my 01 800. RKT head, EGT gages, carb work, heelclicker clutch kit, different gearing ect.. Ran great for 2 years..

Then blew up on my last jet change.. Just a wee bit too much air

Edited by Pete

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Absolutely and Supertrax was good just because of CJ Ramstads column.

I used to get snow week, mod stock competition, and a few other magazines that are no longer in print.  Went to the Polaris shows for years there were more people at just the Polaris show than when multiple brands had their shows together.

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Snowtech always was the best. The rest of them just seem like advertising shills for the manufacturers.

Personally, I liked the ads for bathroom reading material.  I stopped paying much attention to most of their sled reviews and opinions years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Personally, I liked the ads for bathroom reading material.  I stopped paying much attention to most of their sled reviews and opinions years ago.

smart phone is dominate now

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Angler shits in the woods and brings a laptop

1 hour ago, Pete said:

yup.   not to mention everything else that goes with it.  Imagine young family   having nothing  and deciding they  want to get into sledding ,.  Truck, trailer, insurance,registration, gear, no mechanical ability or tools  to work on it, 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

That was the peak of snowmobiling. I remember when the Mach Z came out in 05 and was $10k and we were like WTF? :lol: the good ole days

Mid to late 70's  a lot of manufactures in play..  cheap affordable fun.  Sleds were like lawn tractors around here  then.  wasn't a garage on the street that didn't have a sled in it.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s getting tougher and tougher for anything sled related to make it.  I expect trail money to start being rationed even more in the next few years.  

it if people register there sleds,old or new . our share of the gas,tax is 100% tied to registration