**** Official 2019 NFL Thread ****

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Brady is on fire tonight. Will be even more lethal when he has Brown to throw to too.  

Anyone else hear anything about Gronk possibly returning?  Guy I work with is a die hard Pats fan ( only because Brady went to Michigan) and he said today that Gronk is talking about returning to the game.  Says he said he could be game ready in a month. :dunno:

Gronk is an attention whore. He said last month he’s done with football, lost some weight and his body feels so much better now. Different day, different answer.

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Gronk is an attention whore. He said last month he’s done with football, lost some weight and his body feels so much better now. Different day, different answer.

I could see him coming back. With what Brady has to work with, and especially when Brown is in next week, he wouldn't have to be on the field much. 

• Gold Member
18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Steamrolling Atlanta

Foles out for Jacksonville...didn't look good for his shoulder

Miami clearly tanking this season @Kivalo...down 35-3 in the 2nd Quarter.

Browns not living up to the hype...yet.

Philly being shutout by Case Keenum and The Skins

damn man, its going to be a long season.  :sad:

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

damn man, its going to be a long season.  :sad:

I read that after the game more than a few players are demanding to be traded because they don’t want to be part of a season of tanking.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I read that after the game more than a few players are demanding to be traded because they don’t want to be part of a season of tanking.

And there ya go. Without any confidence the infighting will start very soon.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And there ya go. Without any confidence the infighting will start very soon.

Exactly...the players know what management is doing and all they can do is play hard but at some point that will stop as well.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe they'll rise to the challenge like in Major League!!  :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...the players know what management is doing and all they can do is play hard but at some point that will stop as well.

Truer words have never been spoken. 

My grandsons, 10 & 8, both started Pop Warner football this year.  The 10 year old, Ezra is an absolute phenom.  This is the first team sport he has ever played, the first sport he has ever played and the first time he has even been coached by anyone other than me.  He works harder than anyone on his team and his coaches love him.  He plays both sides of the ball every single play and multiple positions.  After 4 games they are 0 and 4.  They get beat by 20+ points every game.  Ezra has 5 TD's so far this year, 4 rushing TD's and 1 receiving.  Ezra has 15 single handed tackles and dozens more tackles where he assisted.  He absolutely loves football but he hates the fact that his team loses and the other players don't seem to care.  

After yesterdays 28-7 loss he is begging us to let him switch teams.  Of course he can't switch teams mid season but he wants to switch to the Seahawks next year.  They are undefeated so far this year.  It's really difficult to see a young kid so motivated by the sport yet so frustrated in his team that he wants to stop playing.  I am so proud of him for his 110% effort yet so sad when they get beat every single game.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Truer words have never been spoken. 

My grandsons, 10 & 8, both started Pop Warner football this year.  The 10 year old, Ezra is an absolute phenom.  This is the first team sport he has ever played, the first sport he has ever played and the first time he has even been coached by anyone other than me.  He works harder than anyone on his team and his coaches love him.  He plays both sides of the ball every single play and multiple positions.  After 4 games they are 0 and 4.  They get beat by 20+ points every game.  Ezra has 5 TD's so far this year, 4 rushing TD's and 1 receiving.  Ezra has 15 single handed tackles and dozens more tackles where he assisted.  He absolutely loves football but he hates the fact that his team loses and the other players don't seem to care.  

After yesterdays 28-7 loss he is begging us to let him switch teams.  Of course he can't switch teams mid season but he wants to switch to the Seahawks next year.  They are undefeated so far this year.  It's really difficult to see a young kid so motivated by the sport yet so frustrated in his team that he wants to stop playing.  I am so proud of him for his 110% effort yet so sad when they get beat every single game.  

Losing is an important thing for development but losing all the time would suck.  my sons sophomore year the HS team was terrible and the coach coaching his own son was just looking to pad his stats.  Made it real hard for some of the kids who were better than the upperclassman including my son who started asking to play in JV games even though he started the year as WR1.  Once they cleaned that group out they went undefeated as Seniors.  I used to run the clock for JV games and the referee said to me one day never have I seen a coach do so little with so much talent. I just wish his son was a few years older so he would have quit.      

• Gold Member

I've come to a conclusion, if the Dolphin management thinks its ok to tank the season then I feel its ok for me to root for another team so long as it doesn't directly contradict being a Phins fan. I am now shopping for a new team to support this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I've come to a conclusion, if the Dolphin management thinks its ok to tank the season then I feel its ok for me to root for another team so long as it doesn't directly contradict being a Phins fan. I am now shopping for a new team to support this season.

Vikes gonna win it all

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good choice, but I don't think it's their year if you're looking to go all the way to the big dance?  :dunno:

I'm good with that, not looking to be a bandwagin rider.  :bc:

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Just trade crap for crap and jump on The Lions Shit Wagon with me!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3