*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

On 4/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, Frostynuts said:

How do all you shock experts know how to tune your shocks, with ever changing trail conditions ? It,s not like you are on a consistant paved trail. Every goat path is different. I,m thinking some guys have way to much time on their hands, and just like to change their shock settings every time they get of their sled, just to show the rest in  the group what great shock tuners they are. What,s wrong with set em, and forget em ? Yamaha and Cat have got it right, to be able to change all the shock settings on the fly.

The first thing you need to do once you get your high end wiz-bang shocks is go straight to your nearest, bestest shock rebuilder and blow through another $600 in upgrades and tuning.

This must be done before you even ride it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

The first thing you need to do once you get your high end wiz-bang shocks is go straight to your nearest, bestest shock rebuilder and blow through another $600 in upgrades and tuning.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Excellent post!  On a sled, good shocks are worth the money.

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've been having my suspensions upgraded and revalved on bikes since the 70s and sleds since the 90s.  When you feel definite short coming in your suspension I get it, but like you pointed out, I bet alotta guys these days pull out the credit card before they even ride it.  My stock Back Country with base model shocks feels pretty damn good.  Maybe upgrade to a new rear shock, but the fronts are fine, spring and damping wise imo.  Why spend 2-3 grand on something so subtle?  A buddy bought some used revalved Exxits for his Back Country and complained about them all winter.  :lol: 

• Like 1

• ckf unpinned this topic