*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Uh-oh

I was trying to tow a blown up polaris off that river. It didnt work so well. 

Spent close to an hour in the water fighting. We ended up just having ti get the dudes sled up on the bank and get everyone out of there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was trying to tow a blown up polaris off that river. It didnt work so well. 

Spent close to an hour in the water fighting. We ended up just having ti get the dudes sled up on the bank and get everyone out of there.

Eesshh...that sucks.

We went a different way toward the lakes today to eat at a bar we hadn’t been to in years.  Fucking shit show.  Trails were fucking hashed.  Snow was a lot sparser inland from the lake I guess.  Ditches were filled with ice boulders and we had to bounce back and forth jumping harsh bullshit sometimes landing on the god damn road.    Found out the main gas supply shut down so, that’s why there was no real trail to speak of.  Got a skip in today which I hadn’t done for a while going across the lake.  I’m beat to shit and I’m not sure my sled made it completely intact yet.  Train wreck.  This is what I call “destination riding” and I have no interest in this fucking bullshit.  Bar was as we remembered though and I had a cold local brew and bacon cheddar with fries to calm the nerves and oil my god damn joints for the ride home.

5104C5CD-F6A9-4352-933B-AF9D384D512B.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

We went a different way toward the lakes today to eat at a bar we hadn’t been to in years.  Fucking shit show.  Trails were fucking hashed.  Snow was a lot sparser inland from the lake I guess.  Ditches were filled with ice boulders and we had to bounce back and forth jumping harsh bullshit sometimes landing on the god damn road.    Found out the main gas supply shut down so, that’s why there was no real trail to speak of.  Got a skip in today which I hadn’t done for a while going across the lake.  I’m beat to shit and I’m not sure my sled made it completely intact yet.  Train wreck.  This is what I call “destination riding” and I have no interest in this fucking bullshit.  Bar was as we remembered though and I had a cold local brew and bacon cheddar with fries to calm the nerves and oil my god damn joints for the ride home.

5104C5CD-F6A9-4352-933B-AF9D384D512B.jpeg

a-sleeve-front.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not mine, found it on Facebook. 

My sled is washed, in the truck, and resting peacefully.  Headed to the Hayward area Thursday after work.  

That’s good.  I was about to say, so much for the break fluid diagnosis.  :lol:

47 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s good.  I was about to say, so much for the break fluid diagnosis.  :lol:

Good brakes now, we will see how they do on hard pack.

This is the high temp stuff I run.  My dealer doesn't  even carry it, have to order from Country Cat.  Higher temp rating than regular DOT 4.  Sure doesn't last long though.  950 miles and it was shot.  Flushing it only takes a few minutes so no big deal.

Arctic Cat DOT4 High Temp Racing Brake Fluid - Snowmobile ATV Prowler Wildcat

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Why would you even ride on that? 

Well its 110 miles of river. Some was good....that shit was not.

We would have all made it just fine if I hadnt been towing that blown up polaris off the river.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well its 110 miles of river. Some was good....that shit was not.

We would have all made it just fine if I hadnt been towing that blown up polaris off the river.

Polaris riders are required to bring their own tow buddies with us.  Especially once they hit 1500 miles.  Don’t have one...sorry, can’t go.  Drive around your yard until it pops.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Polaris riders are required to bring their own tow buddies with us.  Especially once they hit 1500 miles.  Don’t have one...sorry, can’t go.  Drive around your yard until it pops.  :lol:

Aren't you a lone wolf? :lol: