*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

7 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Wouldn’t boost be more predictable and easier to tune due to the charger running directly off the motor rpm?

Probably slightly but turbos arent hard to tune. It's the elevation changes that make shit hard on the mountain sleds.

• Thanks 1

Looking at a 2008 dragon 700 rmk 155" on Tuesday. I don't need the sled as I have two already lmao. But it has fox float 2's and some other goodies that I want for my 2008 dragon. Buddy is asking $1000 or best offer. He said he took it on trade but lost interest in trying to fix it. So I am thinking about buying and parting it out. Should be able to pick it up for $800 cad.

I should be able to make my money back and then some (I hope anyways). I have never bought anything to part out before lol.

Here is the pictures of the reason it is so cheap. 

received_407930493257801.jpeg

received_956989564637992.jpeg

received_381665429168124.jpeg

received_957141101289296.jpeg

Hopefully this will be going out the door today. My buddy is looking for a sled for his GF. He sent a text yesterday to the wife asking if we still had the sled and he would pay cash lol. I'm going to use the salesman pitch on him and tell him someone is coming to look at it tonight lol. He's a wheeler dealer and repairs sleds,PwC and boats so it's a line he would use lol

20190916_082546.jpg

Edited by smokin george

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Got a couple of those for my Poo and Cat.  Now all good things Doo are within my reach 

Looks like a really nice piece. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.   I'm not crazy about the mounting bolts (wish it would have come with all stainless steel hardware) but that will be taken care of. Glad I'll be able to have a bag and fuel can on my MXZ , without having to buy the stack ones. 

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Mine brought me dog food and some duck jerky.  Yours is better!!!!

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Looks like a really nice piece. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.   I'm not crazy about the mounting bolts (wish it would have come with all stainless steel hardware) but that will be taken care of. Glad I'll be able to have a bag and fuel can on my MXZ , without having to buy the stack ones. 

Pricey, yes no doubt, but definitely worth it.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pricey, yes no doubt, but definitely worth it.

Yep.  I already have 3 LinQ bags and 2 gas cans.  Didn't feel like buying the stackable gas can when I already have the regular one.  Glad we both will have our own fuel can and tunnel bag. Sucked trying to cram stuff for 2 of us in one bag, but I always wanted 2 fuel cans on us and he's been on a 120" the last 3 seasons. 

11 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What do you need extra gas for in the rough sparsely populated Michigan frontier? 

Edited by Kev144
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

What do you need extra gas for in the rough sparsely populated Michigan frontier? 

You been to the UP Kev? There are long runs between gas stations in some spots. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck I’ve ridden all over the UP and if a guy is trail riding there is no need to carry fuel.

We left a friends place and had to ride 250kms to the lodge. There were ten sleds in the group and 4 were old sleds that had to put their spare gas in as the only place enroute was closed. It's nice to have just in case

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We left a friends place and had to ride 250kms to the lodge. There were ten sleds in the group and 4 were old sleds that had to put their spare gas in as the only place enroute was closed. It's nice to have just in case

Many gas stations close early.    If you ride at night , which we do a lot , you're foolish if you don't carry extra fuel. We've had to use our cans on several occasions for guys with older sleds that don't get the mileage our E tecs get.  Had to use it once myself. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I know and yes better safe than sorry.

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Many gas stations close early.    If you ride at night , which we do a lot , you're foolish if you don't carry extra fuel. We've had to use our cans on several occasions for guys with older sleds that don't get the mileage our E tecs get.  Had to use it once myself. 

No one in my riding group rides old sleds or cats.  All 2016 or newer.   I bet northern Ontario is much more sparse on gas than the up 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know and yes better safe than sorry.

We left our camp for a ride in the morning and rode all day and got back late at night. We still had about 50 miles to go when fuel lights started coming on on all the sleds. It would've been a long walk. I'm putting the 14 litre fuel caddy on the new sled since it'll be heavier and two of us on it

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No one in my riding group rides old sleds or cats.  All 2016 or newer.   I bet northern Ontario is much more sparse on gas than the up 

We've only been way up north a couple times and the one ride the place was closed on the way up and no gas for 150 miles. The other ride the turn around spot was charging $3/liter lol

13 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

37 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We've only been way up north a couple times and the one ride the place was closed on the way up and no gas for 150 miles. The other ride the turn around spot was charging $3/liter lol

Going to abitibi you have to know for sure if they are open at base camp.  It's what around 180-200 Mile trip with that one gas stop.   

1 minute ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I had a gas can for mine, then some asshole stole it. :flush: 

That's an asshole move. We had a spot to park our sleds/atvs when we had our camp as that was the only way for winter access. A buddy loaded all his gear into his skiboose and ran out of gas about 5 miles into the bush. Somebody siphoned all his gas

• Haha 1