*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

One of the new tires I just put on my trailer a couple weeks back. The big one goes right through.

DA709942-0682-424B-8977-B696889258FC.thumb.jpeg.c83b907766d53c11fda745a8c4e1ecbf.jpeg

Naturally did that or did you hit something? :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Naturally did that or did you hit something? :dunno:

Not sure. I don't think I hit anything, at least I don't remember hitting anything. Noticed it when I got back from my trip up north last week. Tire was completely flat. Then I remembered the trailer started swaying a bit when I was coming home on the highway, thought it was just the wind....lol

I'm thinking its a defective tire. I've hit plenty of stuff with trailer tires before and never had a sidewall crack like that.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Not sure. I don't think I hit anything, at least I don't remember hitting anything. Noticed it when I got back from my trip up north last week. Tire was completely flat. Then I remembered the trailer started swaying a bit when I was coming home on the highway, thought it was just the wind....lol

I'm thinking its a defective tire. I've hit plenty of stuff with trailer tires before and never had a sidewall crack like that.

You're lucky you made it home! Did you not purchase these and the wheels at Princess Auto or some place like that? I forget? If so, as you likely know, I'd be getting some better ones somewhere else if they just went like that all of a sudden?

Just now, irv said:

You're lucky you made it home! Did you not purchase these and the wheels at Princess Auto or some place like that? I forget? If so, as you likely know, I'd be getting some better ones somewhere else if they just went like that all of a sudden?

Ya, Princess Auto. I had the mechanic mount one of the old tires inplace of this bad tire for now. See what happens to the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

One of the new tires I just put on my trailer a couple weeks back. The big one goes right through.

DA709942-0682-424B-8977-B696889258FC.thumb.jpeg.c83b907766d53c11fda745a8c4e1ecbf.jpeg

What is the month & year of the tire manufacture - there will be a 4 digit number on it.

Look up tire recalls as well for that brand. All 4 of my TT tires were recalled and had no idea until I went to buy news ones and found the notice - had 4 new tires sent to me once I inquired and bitched about it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What is the month & year of the tire manufacture - there will be a 4 digit number on it.

Look up tire recalls as well for that brand. All 4 of my TT tires were recalled and had no idea until I went to buy news ones and found the notice - had 4 new tires sent to me once I inquired and bitched about it.

I will check that out. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

they do sound really good.  cant see that air intake being real good in powder given it's location and shape,  assuming it's got a frogskin type sock but still 

I wouldn't be concerned with powder, Id be concerned sucking all that hot air.....

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Quick 145 miles tonight

Had some fun during the week on the north shore 2nd week in feb. Been too long since I’ve been back !  Had the wives with and it was their 1st time on the trails . My wife had only been riding on the farm for 10 years..... she was a bit nervous. But she put on 240 miles in 3 days which is a great start for them. Going to get back up there in March for another ride.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, farmereddie said:

Had some fun during the week on the north shore 2nd week in feb. Been too long since I’ve been back !  Had the wives with and it was their 1st time on the trails . My wife had only been riding on the farm for 10 years..... she was a bit nervous. But she put on 240 miles in 3 days which is a great start for them. Going to get back up there in March for another ride.

Where did you stay? I’m not a big fan of riding up there. Almost zero high speed trail sections. I like a good mix 

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Where did you stay? I’m not a big fan of riding up there. Almost zero high speed trail sections. I like a good mix 

We stayed Grand superior Lodge . We took the spur from rustic Inn to 60 . Yeah it was more of a get the ladies introduced to trail riding during the week to reduce any oncoming traffic that would scare the shit out of them. For being out there for the first time. Saw 15-18 sleds The entire time up there riding during the day only.

22 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Its going to need a new brake rotor and pads before it hits the snow!   :lmao:       id love ride that for a day! just a day, then give it back to the owner.  lol   

Edited by old indy
  • Haha 1