*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

On 2/14/2020 at 7:17 AM, Tomas. said:

They have the stupid blocks that the sider fits into, not on.

But upon more rational thinking, that may work with unbolting the slide blocks. But for some reason I wasn't seeing it yesterday. It is highly possible I was doing it wrong lol.

hqdefault.jpg

I was at pool when you texted the other night....forgot to get back to you.

Take a sawzall and cut the top of the spring block off flush with the spring rod.

then you can load and unload the spring easily. It’s the best way with those skids

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I was at pool when you texted the other night....forgot to get back to you.

Take a sawzall and cut the top of the spring block off flush with the spring rod.

then you can load and unload the spring easily. It’s the best way with those skids

All good. 

You wouldn't happen to know why the speedometer would be all over the place? Like the needle and digital, doesn't matter. It is horribly inaccurate and bounces around

13 hours ago, Reevester said:

1RcYODD.jpg

That really is a cool pic.  I like pics like that.  Just different than the common trail pics every posts.

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

All good. 

You wouldn't happen to know why the speedometer would be all over the place? Like the needle and digital, doesn't matter. It is horribly inaccurate and bounces around

Check the wiring on the back of the pod all the way down to the speed sensor.  Not sure if it’s chain case or jack shaft for that model.  I’d prolly guess it’s goofed up around the sensor area.  Not sure of the exact “where and how” but that’s kind of normal based on what you described.  You may need a new pick up sensor/magnet.  If it’s outside of the chain case, sometimes a good cleaning will do it too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tomas. said:

All good. 

There is a pickup on the brake side that is known to shit the bed. It’s mounted on the caliper bracket

Sled is a top end animal with this tune

im not studded yet so tough to tell until you get up above 80

from 80-120 comes really fast. It well out of gear at 120 and I could smell the belt. Probably trying to pull it out of the clutch

7D081616-7401-40A7-910E-68272DCEA0F1.jpeg

• Like 4

Trails were good around home today.  Lots of drifts on the trails to jump.  Did a 100 mile loop.

Had a close call though.  Came down over a hill going way too fast, steep driveway towards the bottom.  Grabbed the brake as hard as I could but no way I was slowing down.  Had to get back on the gas and let it fly.  Thought for sure I was in trouble.  Came down in the other side and flat landed. Sled soaked up the landing like it was nothing. This sled impresses me more and more all the time in the rough stuff.

IMG_20200215_133845.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tomas. said:

All good. 

Haha I was riding with a guy whose sled does the same thing. 

Yesterday I met one of my coworker's out with his sled. He picked up a 2019 skidoo summit ayefiddy. Told me to give it a go. We were in a lake so I just booted around for a couple mins. Holy fuck was that thing fast. When I got back I said to him "I thought we were friends". He said "we are". I said "not anymore, you just probably costed me some large $$". Lol

So when I got home last night I started looking at faster sleds. 

I was trying to find a 2011 crossfire like ssfb's but there was only one guy on Kijiji in Alberta selling one and he wants $5800 for a 9 year old machine. Fuck that.

I really don't want to get rid of my Polaris, but fuck me is this thing slow. And they didn't make a fast one worth owning till way later lol.

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

Yesterday I met one of my coworker's out with his sled. He picked up a 2019 skidoo summit ayefiddy. Told me to give it a go. We were in a lake so I just booted around for a couple mins. Holy fuck was that thing fast. When I got back I said to him "I thought we were friends". He said "we are". I said "not anymore, you just probably costed me some large $$". Lol

So when I got home last night I started looking at faster sleds. 

I was trying to find a 2011 crossfire like ssfb's but there was only one guy on Kijiji in Alberta selling one and he wants $5800 for a 9 year old machine. Fuck that.

I really don't want to get rid of my Polaris, but fuck me is this thing slow. And they didn't make a fast one worth owning till way later lol.

Joelle's sled is pretty rare as far as I can tell and yeah it's cool. If you can find a decent low mile ETEC 800 go for it....they are no slouch.