*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

What gears are in the dragon?

21 top 40 bottom

Stretched to a 144 with 2" paddles.

I put new 62g weights and a new lime green spring in the primary this year as well.

Edited by Tomas.

50 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

21 top 40 bottom

Stretched to a 144 with 2" paddles.

I put new 62g weights and a new lime green spring in the primary this year as well.

That is good for 90mph at 1:1 at 8000 rpm but I'm thinking it just can't get there with that much track.

24 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

That is good for 90mph at 1:1 at 8000 rpm but I'm thinking it just can't get there with that much track.

Should I be putting heavier weights in like a 68g? Also the secondary clutch still has the factory red spring. Should I be changing that out for a new/different one?

5 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Should I be putting heavier weights in like a 68g? Also the secondary clutch still has the factory red spring. Should I be changing that out for a new/different one?

A new secondary spring and new sliders might help. I'd do that and see how it goes before any primary weights.

Just now, Big Crappie said:

A new secondary spring and new sliders might help. I'd do that and see how it goes before any primary weights.

Ok. Do you have any recommendations for secondary springs? 

Also, by sliders do you mean the ones on the rails? If so, those are graphite ones and maybe have 500 kms on them.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got out with my son and buddy, 60mi in the Cato/Meridian area,..was good ride,. Swapped sleds with my son for half the ride. Had that ZL550 ripping, I was LMAO in my helmet..What a riot

IMG_20200209_120725365.jpg

IMG_20200209_120732318.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
Forgot the pics!! Haha
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well shocks are out. Now to find someone local to rebuild.

Unfortunately I can't get them rebuilt for one particular rider. This is a wife/friend sled and a person between the weights of 150-250lbs could be riding it. So if someone who knows about rebuilding shocks has any recommendations, they would be greatly appreciated.

20200209_142551.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ride 3 this year and close to home for the first time in 4 years and conditions were actually good. A lot of the trails didn’t open until Friday or this morning so traffic was low for a Saturday.

8C5C495C-0249-491D-A1E3-8093D764B458.jpeg

B8EB4BE3-4A83-49EE-B453-E9D3F44BBA28.jpeg

E7E51CA5-759B-4985-8040-E78B0446A7B1.jpeg

0995237A-67C7-4EFD-BD7A-ECE579696E3A.jpeg

Looks good Tim. Did I read you guys are going to tree bears? We stopped in and had a bite to eat and check the cabins out. Looks like they should make a good go of it and the kid running it was great to meet. 

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

1300 mile ride with a crew of 9. Good friends, good food, cold beer and awesome trails. Planning next years adventure already! 

KXP3eLZ.jpg

qw3Sf5H.jpg

Bz8tkU4.jpg

353q60l.jpg

89XiKPE.jpg

Akrnrdg.jpg

twFTOWK.jpg

RJh2N93.jpg

Bz8tkU4.jpg

Tu9shnL.jpg

No oh shit pictures to share after a week long saddle bag trip?!?!

This ain't OC,  you can post that stuff here......:bc:

Rode around the Hayward Wisconsin area this weekend. About 400 miles in 2 days.  Trails for rough and hardpack towards Hayward but got better as we went north and east.

Must have 6 or 8 inches of snow back home over night. Glad I drove back last night. Haven't been out yet to clear anything.

IMG_20200207_110148.jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Nice ride today, hooting like a mofo out there now. Calling for 6-8. Got to ride the new doo 850 x today.

842682C4-197D-4906-85A6-AB6B3FFEBBFB.jpeg

Snowing line a mofo here as well....what did you think of the 850? 

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Got out with my son and buddy, 60mi in the Cato/Meridian area,..was good ride,. Swapped sleds with my son for half the ride. Had that ZL550 ripping, I was LMAO in my helmet..What a riot

IMG_20200209_120725365.jpg

IMG_20200209_120732318.jpg

Until you hit a big mogul and bottomed out :lmao:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Nice ride today, hooting like a mofo out there now. Calling for 6-8. Got to ride the new doo 850 x today.

842682C4-197D-4906-85A6-AB6B3FFEBBFB.jpeg

2021 Doo's will be released next week. You'll be able to see what your 2021 MXZ XRS 850 will look like :bc:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Snowing line a mofo here as well....what did you think of the 850? 

Felt a bit stronger than my 800e. Rode nice thru the bumps. Great sled.👍

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Until you hit a big mogul and bottomed out :lmao:

2021 Doo's will be released next week. You'll be able to see what your 2021 MXZ XRS 850 will look like :bc:

Lol. Two in college next year. We’ll see if I have any money left. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Reevester said:

Looks good Tim. Did I read you guys are going to tree bears? We stopped in and had a bite to eat and check the cabins out. Looks like they should make a good go of it and the kid running it was great to meet. 

Good to here. We plan to be there Wednesday night. Leaving for New Liskeard in the morning. Riding to Cochrane on Tuesday, Shining Tree Wednesday and back to New Liskeard for Thursday, drive home Friday. Doing the ride with 78 year old guy from my club....lol

Surprised all you Poo boys would let a 6 year old Cat come along...

Sitting in my office right now trying to get some paperwork done. Its snowing like a bitch with 3" on the ground now. I should be helping the boys plow tonight but I can't. By the time I get to Cochrane, the trail at my house which hasn't opened for more than 2 days in the last 5 years will be groomed and open.

Well, at least they should be good when I get home. Hope they last a month.

The wife was helping me pack while I loaded up the sled in the trailer. I come in the house and my saddle bags are empty on the floor and she has it all packed in a suitcase and she put in cookies and 3 cans of Coke.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Good to here. We plan to be there Wednesday night. Leaving for New Liskeard in the morning. Riding to Cochrane on Tuesday, Shining Tree Wednesday and back to New Liskeard for Thursday, drive home Friday. Doing the ride with 78 year old guy from my club....lol

Surprised all you Poo boys would let a 6 year old Cat come along...

Sitting in my office right now trying to get some paperwork done. Its snowing like a bitch with 3" on the ground now. I should be helping the boys plow tonight but I can't. By the time I get to Cochrane, the trail at my house which hasn't opened for more than 2 days in the last 5 years will be groomed and open.

Well, at least they should be good when I get home. Hope they last a month.

The wife was helping me pack while I loaded up the sled in the trailer. I come in the house and my saddle bags are empty on the floor and she has it all packed in a suitcase and she put in cookies and 3 cans of Coke.

Right on enjoy the ride. Lots of snow and next to no traffic around up there. The cat ran suprising well. He had a few mishaps trying to keep up but found himself comfortable at the rear of the pack. :lol:

21 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

my 600 2.0 switch gets there NO problem.  now i gotta check the factory gearing on the 2.0 but it will over rev quick if i hold it WOT.  unfortunately the D7 isnt a top end motor. two buds bought 07 d7s 121s and stock niether one would hit 90. they hit it top speed quicker but my ultra sp would reel them in and blow by them with ease.  piped, clutched , new drivers and REflashed  a few times one guy got his to hang with the old indy 680 at 103 in really good conditions on a lake. 

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

Edited by old indy

Hasn’t been much of a season for me this year. Lack of snow and other bullshit. I did get out on Saturday. Rode from home, had lunch at a local warming hut. 

8F5E5E0A-A6CB-4498-BFA1-8A1A3AE9FB4B.jpeg

38E02E2E-3094-4DB2-A3E9-70EEC4D1BFB3.jpeg

27931F7E-8260-4F38-9963-96C0566D0990.jpeg

828EC28F-0E86-4D4A-A2BD-F4CC502A9D87.jpeg

FE23B76B-E27E-4918-8547-303545327E83.jpeg

61542215-9005-4353-9F92-FBD686A32111.jpeg

184D8E0B-CAA3-465C-9313-E08E342A4367.jpeg

• Like 4