*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It's a ride that's been going on for 40 years. Every year superbowl weekend a group rides that river up to International Falls. This is the 3rd time I've gone.

There were 104 sleds this year that signed the rider book

ahh.  I'd be like hell no not puttin the sled into that haah

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

ahh.  I'd be like hell no not puttin the sled into that haah

I towed that fucking sled through some sketchy shit , over open water holes etc etc. If it werent for that 300 yard stretch I would have gotten him to the bridge 

Sucked we had to leave the dudes sled

4 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Picked up sled from dealer today. Parts alone was $5,178.38.  That's not including coolant or labor. Their labor rate is $110/hr. 

Glad I took the 4th year warranty instead of $250 in parts and accessories. Cost me $53 out of pocket for the deductible. 

I'll never not take the most warranty available.  It's just not worth it to get parts or accessories instead of extra coverage. :bc:

Jesus, the fuckin thing come uncunted or what? The doo mechanic up in land o lakes WI told Preston and Steve that he would never buy an 800 etec. Said the 850s have been much better. 

1 hour ago, thewayout said:

Jesus, the fuckin thing come uncunted or what? The doo mechanic up in land o lakes WI told Preston and Steve that he would never buy an 800 etec. Said the 850s have been much better. 

Ya Polaris 800 is much better. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, f7ben said:

This is where things got an little sideways 

IMG_5432.jpg

Oh Ben.   I’m not gonna say too much give them the shit show that I experienced this weekend  :lol:. :bc: 

13 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Picked up sled from dealer today. Parts alone was $5,178.38.  That's not including coolant or labor. Their labor rate is $110/hr. 

Glad I took the 4th year warranty instead of $250 in parts and accessories. Cost me $53 out of pocket for the deductible. 

I'll never not take the most warranty available.  It's just not worth it to get parts or accessories instead of extra coverage. :bc:

What I miss?  Fuck me these two stroke motors are getting ridiculously expensive to repair. Jesus.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Ya Polaris 800 is much better. 

ahhhh no

9 hours ago, thewayout said:

Shit happens, I was covered,  It's all good. I'd own another 800 Etec without even thinking twice about it:bc:

34 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What I miss?  Fuck me these two stroke motors are getting ridiculously expensive to repair. Jesus.

ahhhh no

Kids sled (my Renegade XRS 800 that I rode the past 3 seasons) had an issue with the mag side injector. Caused it to lean out and took out the mag side.  They replaced the short block, injector, reeds and some other odds and ends.  Cost me $ 53 out of pocket :bc:

When Analreceiver's goes down, then what will he be saying. :bc:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Shit happens, I was covered,  It's all good. I'd own another 800 Etec without even thinking twice about it:bc:

Kids sled (my Renegade XRS 800 that I rode the past 3 seasons) had an issue with the mag side injector. Caused it to lean out and took out the mag side.  They replaced the short block, injector, reeds and some other odds and ends.  Cost me $ 53 out of pocket :bc:

When Analreceiver's goes down, then what will he be saying. :bc:

Maybe ride it some more and don’t use ethanol fuel and you wouldn’t have had a sticky injector :bc: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Maybe ride it some more and don’t use ethanol fuel and you wouldn’t have had a sticky injector :bc: 

It got ridden more than what some on here seem to think they know.  

Most of the places we get fuel from sell rec fuel.  They didn't say anything about a sticky injector but it was replaced. So that would tell me that it is what that failed and caused the issue. How it failed tho :dunno: They send everything back to BRP and they look into that. Same thing that happens when we get an axle return from a dealer.  The dealer doesn't look at it they send it back here and they have people who tear them down 100% and see what happened. 

Like I said, I would buy another 800 Etec without even thinking twice about it. 

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Sleds that don’t get ridden with old gas,typically have the most problems. I haven’t lunged a motor on any of the used sleds I’ve bought. Weird?

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Sleds that don’t get ridden with old gas,typically have the most problems. I haven’t lunged a motor on any of the used sleds I’ve bought. Weird?

Yeah but you buy crappy used sleds

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It got ridden more than what some on here seem to think they know.  

Most of the places we get fuel from sell rec fuel.  They didn't say anything about a sticky injector but it was replaced. So that would tell me that it is what that failed and caused the issue. How it failed tho :dunno: They send everything back to BRP and they look into that. Same thing that happens when we get an axle return from a dealer.  The dealer doesn't look at it they send it back here and they have people who tear them down 100% and see what happened. 

Like I said, I would buy another 800 Etec without even thinking twice about it. 

You wouldn’t think twice about buying another 800etec? So you would buy one without warranty?  

that warranty saved you $5k. 

3 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

You wouldn’t think twice about buying another 800etec? So you would buy one without warranty?  

that warranty saved you $5k. 

800 etecs were generally pretty good but shit happens. I'd have no issue buying one that was properly maintained. Warranties are for cowards. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

800 etecs were generally pretty good but shit happens. I'd have no issue buying one that was properly maintained. Warranties are for cowards. 

Mine is used And out of warranty. Previous owner had the motor replaced under warranty. I’ll let you buy it, I’m sure there’s lots of trouble free miles left.  :bc: 

5 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Mine is used And out of warranty. Previous owner had the motor replaced under warranty. I’ll let you buy it, I’m sure there’s lots of trouble free miles left.  :bc: 

Yeah but beer can chassis? Better off with a procross. :bc: