*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I have a great Doo dealer I’ve been going to since 98’. Part of the reason I’ve stuck with Ski Doo tbh. I do see a bunch of Poo 800’s out there with good prices but I’m stuck on the 850 from either manufacturer. If I’m buying new I want the bigger mill 🤣 850 and a 144 or 146 is where I’m at right now. 

I rode a Doo 850 and it was really nice. I'd have no problem owning one. I don't know if I'd get the 146" for trail riding tho. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Not too bad and glad to see you made some miles on the new sled. I'm taking mine into Dee's tomorrow at lunch 

Which sled and what for? 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

not the first sled that ever fell out of the back of the truck.  at least it wasn't a boat in the road,  right Brad.  

:lol: :owned: 

@Kivalo

4 hours ago, Anler said:

There was a bulletin on the fuel pump for the 800 etec, I had mine done under warranty.

It's most likely not the fuel pump. Dropped it off this afternoon. He said same as I did. Could be coil, could be direct injection. Could be ecm.  

You definitely need to get some seat time in on a G4 850 before you jump ship.

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

of course Doo's are regarded.  Don't know many dealer who will take a cat on trade though

Yep. My buddy had a hard time getting a dealer to take his on trade for his Renegade. He paid more for his '20 Gade 850 because they were the only ones to take his Cat. 

54 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I remember back when he was all ETEC this and ETEC that. :lol:

Analreceiver is like that with everything.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I rode a Doo 850 and it was really nice. I'd have no problem owning one.

I don't know if I'd get the 146" for trail riding tho. 

Mine is a rocket, and still isn't even out of break in mode yet. 

Fuck no, you don't need anything more than a 137".  Going back to a 129" was definitely the best move I made. Handles way better than a 137" in the tighter trails.  I loved my '17 Renegade XRS. Was the best sled I've ever owned prior to my '20  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Both buttcocks and AMG still in break in mode ,on spring order sleds, in February? :owned: “best sled I’ve ever owned”, out of both of them?:lol:

Pretty comical 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Which sled and what for? 

Fuck no, you don't need anything more than a 137".  Going back to a 129" was definitely the best move I made. Handles way better than a 137" in the tighter trails.  I loved my '17 Renegade XRS. Was the best sled I've ever owned prior to my '20  

My 800r trail sled. Computer threw it in limp mode last time out so I’m going to have them look at it and check for codes 

144/146 is a little longer then what I’m used to for a trail sled and I could very well end up on a 137. I’m not a fan of the slightly narrower front end on the Backcountry either.  

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

My 800r trail sled. Computer threw it in limp mode last time out so I’m going to have them look at it and check for codes 

144/146 is a little longer then what I’m used to for a trail sled and I could very well end up on a 137. I’m not a fan of the slightly narrower front end on the Backcountry either.  

Short tracks are very 1980. 

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

What's crazy about mine is it didn't go into limp mode or anything. At first I thought it was a broken roller or clutch spring. But it got worse so ruled that out. 

If you're mostly trail riding like I do, I would get a 129" MXZ.  You'll be much happier with a 129" 

Just saw this listed in FB.  Good price for having the Quick adjust and 1.60 track, taller windshield and skid plate.

1245819635_Screenshot_20200128-2045172.thumb.png.edd3d3a84b5fc63e3970d80431f249bc.pngFB_IMG_1580262337251.thumb.jpg.f7bc7da3d01cfe54ff7528ffa285f858.jpgFB_IMG_1580262339957.thumb.jpg.64b7fc1292960ca5daca38a4cf849648.jpg

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What's crazy about mine is it didn't go into limp mode or anything. At first I thought it was a broken roller or clutch spring. But it got worse so ruled that out. 

If you're mostly trail riding like I do, I would get a 129" MXZ.  You'll be much happier with a 129" 

Just saw this listed in FB.  Good price for having the Quick adjust and 1.60 track. 

1245819635_Screenshot_20200128-2045172.thumb.png.edd3d3a84b5fc63e3970d80431f249bc.pngFB_IMG_1580262337251.thumb.jpg.f7bc7da3d01cfe54ff7528ffa285f858.jpgFB_IMG_1580262339957.thumb.jpg.64b7fc1292960ca5daca38a4cf849648.jpg

I was just looking at that actually. Got caught up in the comments more then the sled listing. I’ll be minimum 137 on my next sled. You can make a Renegade turn just as good as a MXZ. 

Just now, Skidooski said:

I was just looking at that actually. Got caught up in the comments more then the sled listing. I’ll be minimum 137 on my next sled. You can make a Renegade turn just as good as a MXZ. 

Never will, but whatever. I've only owned and ridden both, what would I know. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I would never buy anything shorter. 

I have a 153 that I had to put a sway bar and widening kit on just to turn better without getting that rolling over feeling but it’s an older Doo

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Never will, but whatever. I've only owned and ridden both, what would I know. 

And so have I. Last Renegade was too twitchy with the steering to the point I had to back it off some. And it had a studded paddle track too. All in the set up :bc: 

And so have I. Last Renegade was too twitchy with the steering to the point I had to back it off some. And it had a studded paddle track too. All in the set up :bc: 

A 129" MXZ XRS will turn better than a 137" Renegade XRS. Especially in the tighter corners. You can add skis and carbides to the Renegade sure, but you can also do the same to the MXZ. 

Whatever, buy what you want 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I have a 153 that I had to put a sway bar and widening kit on just to turn better without getting that rolling over feeling but it’s an older Doo

I don’t like my 155, it’s a bit to long for what I do. 136 to 144 for me.

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

A 129" MXZ XRS will turn better than a 137" Renegade XRS. Especially in the tighter corners. You can add skis and carbides to the Renegade sure, but you can also do the same to the MXZ. 

Whatever, buy what you want 

I’m going to buy what I want, not what you want :lol:You're staring to get pissy again over what kind of sled I’m looking for and I don’t understand why. 

I’m going to buy what I want, not what you want :lol:You're staring to get pissy again over what kind of sled I’m looking for and I don’t understand why. 

I already said whatever, so fuck off 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don’t like my 155, it’s a bit to long for what I do. 136 to 144 for me.

It’s just too much track for a predominately trail ridden sled 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I already said whatever, so fuck off 

You getting worked up over this is fucking hilarious! This is twice now in a week over what I’m looking for. Damn dude....chill the fuck out already 

You getting worked up over this is fucking hilarious! This is twice now in a week over what I’m looking for. Damn dude....chill the fuck out already 

I'm not getting worked up over anything. Actually think it's pretty funny that you're going to spend extra money on a Renegade for nothing, when an MXZ is actually better for trails.  

What's even more funny is you think I'm getting worked up. 

Do what you want , dumb fuck 

Does it turn?  :news:

Well you know this is the internet so nobody will believe what I say anyway... 

In all honesty it handles great. I have it set up more for that tho. I pulled the limiter strap in and put softer springs on the front skis and rear so it rides lower. It's a pretty great sled.