*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Pretty much sucked because of the weather.  They didn't groom at all because the temps were above freezing. So it got a little rough, but not real bad.  Snow was great tho thankfully. Saturday was pure shit tho because it was a misty and a light rain all day. Occasionally it would change to wet snow flakes, but we had fogging and frozen face shields/goggles all day night Saturday.

Sunday the kids sled ran into a problem.  IDK what it is but I'm taking to Dee's in a few. It's either an ignition or fuel issue.  I'm thinking its a bad coil or possibly something to do with the direct injection. We had to tow it from where the old Seney Clause hot dog stand was, to Seney and then went and got the truck. He didn't mind tho because he stayed at the bar and got served. The other five of us went and rode back to get the truck. Seney was grooming Sunday because the temps dropped back below 30°. 43 to 88 was awesome. We hauled ass back and got the truck in no time.  

On to the good, 

Love my new sled.  What a fucking rocket it is. Haven't really been beating on it to bad , but I have poked it to the bars a few times and it carries the skis no problem. Hauls ass when you do get on it. I'm definitely in love. Handled fucking awesome   Didn't even really mess with it.  Set it up like my '17 and haven't touched it. 

Also Friday night,  I had a broken spring on the trailer. Had to leave it in St Ignace for repair Saturday morning.  Luckily I was able to get a rental 4 place in Indian River for $200 and we were able to still get to our destination. Bill for was $250 for trailer repair and $242 for 2 new tires .

So, wasn't exactly a great trip, but we made the best if it.  

There was a bulletin on the fuel pump for the 800 etec, I had mine done under warranty.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

LOL.  Had my buddy do that last year (or the year before).  He rolled out one night and somewhere along the way, lost his new Anys!  Found it about 10 miles up the road with a trooper sitting behind it with it;s lights on.  it just slid off his trailer and glided to the side of the highway.  :lol: 

That was the day of the aforementioned ride so that may have had something to do with it.  That being said, if he does it again, we may need to put him in a home!

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

That was the day of the aforementioned ride so that may have had something to do with it.  That being said, if he does it again, we may need to put him in a home!

:lol: I think everyone was pretty haggled up after that ride back to the trail head.  Was that last year or the year before?

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: I think everyone was pretty haggled up after that ride back to the trail head.  Was that last year or the year before?

Last year.  Unofficial HCS #1  Would be interesting to dig the old thread up and see what people left for comments.

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Went to coffee with buds.

Don't worry your killing probably majority of forum members including me for mileage this season.  AG sold his sled and picked up a purse.  

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Worst skidoo I ever owned. That sled pushed me towards Polaris. 

I’m taking mine in tomorrow at lunch. Wish I knew of a good Polaris dealer around here I’d consider spring ordering a 144

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Don't worry your killing probably majority of forum members including me for mileage this season.  AG sold his sled and picked up a purse.  

nope i am spending my sled money on travel,  booked a trip to Wyoming/Idaho/Montana today for this summer and headed in a few weeks to the bahamas.  

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I’m taking mine in tomorrow at lunch. Wish I knew of a good Polaris dealer around here I’d consider spring ordering a 144

A friend of mine owns one in the UP. He has taken care of a few on here.He will work a deal over the phone.

Edited by Woodtick

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A friend of mine owns one in the UP. He has taken care of a few on here.He will work a deal over the phone.

Will he take a Ski Doo in on trade :lol:

30 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I don't really know of any "good" dealerships anywhere tbh. I bought a skidoo from leaders in Kalamazoo and they seemed pretty decent. I got a good price and when you buy a sled from them you get 10% off parts,oil,gear,etc .. for life. You can wait to spring order but honestly the poo 800 is pretty damn good, especially in the assault. Lot better deals on those right now. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't really know of any "good" dealerships anywhere tbh. I bought a skidoo from leaders in Kalamazoo and they seemed pretty decent. I got a good price and when you buy a sled from them you get 10% off parts,oil,gear,etc .. for life. You can wait to spring order but honestly the poo 800 is pretty damn good, especially in the assault. Lot better deals on those right now. 

I have a great Doo dealer I’ve been going to since 98’. Part of the reason I’ve stuck with Ski Doo tbh. I do see a bunch of Poo 800’s out there with good prices but I’m stuck on the 850 from either manufacturer. If I’m buying new I want the bigger mill 🤣 850 and a 144 or 146 is where I’m at right now.