*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Didn’t you guys doing the “Brisker” last year run into that trash the whole way back?

Yep, and they were double or triple that size.  No AXYS was going to smooth out those rollers.  70-80 mph was not an option, maybe 30-40.

With the argh argh you can skip the tops for awhile but it eventually takes a toll on you.  If you are lucky you could get one ski on the edge of the trail and miss the worst of it.  50+ miles out, death feels like the only viable option out.  That or call a flat bed!

23 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yep, and they were double or triple that size.  No AXYS was going to smooth out those rollers.  70-80 mph was not an option, maybe 30-40.

With the argh argh you can skip the tops for awhile but it eventually takes a toll on you.  If you are lucky you could get one ski on the edge of the trail and miss the worst of it.  50+ miles out, death feels like the only viable option out.  That or call a flat bed!

50 miles?  :lol: Holy shit!

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Put 30 miles on this afternoon to break in a new belt.  Trails down here are pretty lame.  Smooth but need more snow.  Not much terrain or corners that you can rail.  Need to help back up north soon.

Sooooo much snow up here.  It’s spectacular. I need to break in my belt too.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

developing the skills to ride like that is a young mans game,  digging shit out when your older isn't fun.  

getting unstuck is more about brains than labor. Im not saying its easy, but if you know what you're doing its a helluva lot easier. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, old cat man said:

My wife and I rode around Townsend and Lakewood on Saturday and trails were very good! lets hope this warm up doesn't kill them.

IMG_6803.JPG

Looks great! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Thanks and I'm very happy to be back on the sled. I had some huge back issues around Christmas and was moving at all so I took it easy and had a great time. And wow lots of trees down, the clubs did a great job clearing the trails!

IMG_6816.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Skidooski said:

How was the riding and the new sled?

Pretty much sucked because of the weather.  They didn't groom at all because the temps were above freezing. So it got a little rough, but not real bad.  Snow was great tho thankfully. Saturday was pure shit tho because it was a misty and a light rain all day. Occasionally it would change to wet snow flakes, but we had fogging and frozen face shields/goggles all day night Saturday.

Sunday the kids sled ran into a problem.  IDK what it is but I'm taking to Dee's in a few. It's either an ignition or fuel issue.  I'm thinking its a bad coil or possibly something to do with the direct injection. We had to tow it from where the old Seney Clause hot dog stand was, to Seney and then went and got the truck. He didn't mind tho because he stayed at the bar and got served. The other five of us went and rode back to get the truck. Seney was grooming Sunday because the temps dropped back below 30°. 43 to 88 was awesome. We hauled ass back and got the truck in no time.  

On to the good, 

Love my new sled.  What a fucking rocket it is. Haven't really been beating on it to bad , but I have poked it to the bars a few times and it carries the skis no problem. Hauls ass when you do get on it. I'm definitely in love. Handled fucking awesome   Didn't even really mess with it.  Set it up like my '17 and haven't touched it. 

Also Friday night,  I had a broken spring on the trailer. Had to leave it in St Ignace for repair Saturday morning.  Luckily I was able to get a rental 4 place in Indian River for $200 and we were able to still get to our destination. Bill for was $250 for trailer repair and $242 for 2 new tires .

So, wasn't exactly a great trip, but we made the best if it.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Pretty much sucked because of the weather.  They didn't groom at all because the temps were above freezing. So it got a little rough, but not real bad.  Snow was great tho thankfully. Saturday was pure shit tho because it was a misty and a light rain all day. Occasionally it would change to wet snow flakes, but we had fogging and frozen face shields/goggles all day night Saturday.

Sunday the kids sled ran into a problem.  IDK what it is but I'm taking to Dee's in a few. It's either an ignition or fuel issue.  I'm thinking its a bad coil or possibly something to do with the direct injection. We had to tow it from where the old Seney Clause hot dog stand was, to Seney and then went and got the truck. He didn't mind tho because he stayed at the bar and got served. The other five of us went and rode back to get the truck. Seney was grooming Sunday because the temps dropped back below 30°. 43 to 88 was awesome. We hauled ass back and got the truck in no time.  

On to the good, 

Love my new sled.  What a fucking rocket it is. Haven't really been beating on it to bad , but I have poked it to the bars a few times and it carries the skis no problem. Hauls ass when you do get on it. I'm definitely in love. Handled fucking awesome   Didn't even really mess with it.  Set it up like my '17 and haven't touched it. 

Also Friday night,  I had a broken spring on the trailer. Had to leave it in St Ignace for repair Saturday morning.  Luckily I was able to get a rental 4 place in Indian River for $200 and we were able to still get to our destination. Bill for was $250 for trailer repair and $242 for 2 new tires .

Take the good with the bad, glad you got to go for a rip!!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Take the good with the bad, glad you got to go for a rip!!

Yep. Could have been way worse. Thankfully nothing happened to my sleds and us with my trailer issue. Could have been a really bad incident. 

The '17 is going to be covered under warranty. So that's a bonus. 

And like I said, my new one is a fucking beast.

IMG_20200125_173915908.thumb.jpg.ba236eb6d4a5d9ecf71ea58db0806ae5.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, dirtybeacher said:

Road kill kitty

5F69498E-13E4-458E-9286-208754888AC9.jpeg

LOL.  Had my buddy do that last year (or the year before).  He rolled out one night and somewhere along the way, lost his new Anys!  Found it about 10 miles up the road with a trooper sitting behind it with it;s lights on.  it just slid off his trailer and glided to the side of the highway.  :lol: 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

On to the good, 

Not too bad and glad to see you made some miles on the new sled. I'm taking mine into Dee's tomorrow at lunch 

22 hours ago, old cat man said:

My wife and I rode around Townsend and Lakewood on Saturday and trails were very good! lets hope this warm up doesn't kill them.

IMG_6803.JPG

That looks really good :bc: