*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

My assault came with a useless windshield, I bought a real one at the dealer and swapped it out before I put one mile on it. Good thing because the high that day was like -15f

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

Wearing a TekVest and the Oxygen helmet I feel nothing now. :bc: 

I've been wearing a Tek vest for a few years now, it's not just about the cold but the blowing cold right in your chest, neck and face. It's just more comfortable and enjoyable with a proper windshield.

I also bought an oxygen and I agree it is very warm and quiet but I am not all that crazy about having all that breath in there. So far my titan is still my preferred helmet. I'll probably pull the oxygen out on those sub days tho. 

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

My assault came with a useless windshield, I bought a real one at the dealer and swapped it out before I put one mile on it. Good thing because the high that day was like -15f

But that swamp I took us through hadn’t froze. I haven’t taken that short cut since.:lol:

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I still need something protecting my cold digits, but agree. :bc: 

Plenty of windshield for me and I can shut the warmers off once the bars have warmed up. The goofiest thing is the heated seats . They have it so you can have both or only the rear . It should be the front seat or both. 

20200117_163154.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

The old heap is running great after a Reflash and TPS adjustment....now just need to take care of this recently discovered problem..got a local guy welding her up on Monday. 

IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.8e885836e886579f8a79661942543c3d.JPG

LOL!  It was my buds belt.  He raced with it all last season and wanted to see how much he could get out of it.  Today’s warm weather did it.

The Sherriffs caught up with us at a rest stop.  We got a “this isn’t your own personal race track you know” scolding but we all laughed.  Stood around with them shooting the shit for a half hour and laughing at their stories.  Good guys.

Just epic conditions out there...I mean WOW!  So much fucking snow.  Trails were excellent.  Just rough enough to keep you on your toes but smooth enough to really hang off into the corners.  plenty of sleds out today and everyone was having a ball.

Irony where he blew the belt.  

F28F5847-B36C-4BAB-A1F5-FD1E9E96E2F8.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  It was my buds belt.  He raced with it all last season and wanted to see how much he could get out of it.  Today’s warm weather did it.

The Sherriffs caught up with us at a rest stop.  We got a “this isn’t your own personal race track you know” scolding but we all laughed.  Stood around with them shooting the shit for a half hour and laughing at their stories.  Good guys.

Just epic conditions out there...I mean WOW!  So much fucking snow.  Trails were excellent.  Just rough enough to keep you on your toes but smooth enough to really hang off into the corners.  plenty of sleds out today and everyone was having a ball.

Irony where he blew the belt.  

F28F5847-B36C-4BAB-A1F5-FD1E9E96E2F8.jpeg

I hope the belt made it to the garbage

Just put a new belt on mine last weekend.  Probably close to 2000 miles on it and it wasn't looking good.  I blew a belt last year and I'm still pulling pieces out, not sure where they hide.

Few sleds by the house today, not too many.  Fields are getting bare, trails 5/10 at best is what the clubs have been saying.  Haven't even bothered going out yet.