*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's $13,700 PLUS 6% sales tax +$822=  $14,522.   I was quoted $14,051 OTD for a '20 Renegade XRS 850.   Thats is just an X.   So I'm right and it's way more than just "a grand at best" more than what that sled was snow check   

why would it be more tax? in MN if you buy from privet party you pay no tax . even if the party you bought it from never paid tax ie farm use . he'll I have registered a hand full of non current new sleds bought off race program as used bought out of state over the years and never had to pay tax . 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

why would it be more tax? in MN if you buy from privet party you pay no tax . even if the party you bought it from never paid tax ie farm use . he'll I have registered a hand full of non current new sleds bought off race program as used bought out of state over the years and never had to pay tax . 

Not how it works in MI.  You buy used you pay 6% at secretary of state when you go to register it when you buy from private party. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not how it works in MI.  You buy used you pay 6% at secretary of state when you go to register it when you buy from private party. 

1 more reason MI is a place I never want to live .

they do that with cars in MN but not off road stuff . thank you Jessie Ventura 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

NY it's 8% on any motor vehicle new or used if it's registered

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

1 more reason MI is a place I never want to live .

they do that with cars in MN but not off road stuff . thank you Jessie Ventura 

Good 

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

NY it's 8% on any motor vehicle new or used if it's registered

It's BS because-  what do they do with the $ ? Our roads are shit here and they fuck us when buying a used car, truck, motorcycle, sled, trailer, etc. 

In Ontario you pay tax (13%) on what the government thinks it's worth and if you don't like it, you can pay a shop to appraise it and then you can pay 13% on what the shop says it's worth. It's absoulte garbage.

Edited by Tomas.

36 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

In Ontario you pay tax (13%) on what the government thinks it's worth and if you don't like it, you can pay a shop to appraise it and then you can pay 13% on what the shop says it's worth. It's absoulte garbage.

Manitoba is similar.

Fuckin taxes

5 hours ago, Tomas. said:

No you don't. I've wrote BOS and had them written for me for whatever is somewhat reasonable. They dont look at book value for anything but vehicles. 

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

No you don't. I've wrote BOS and had them written for me for whatever is somewhat reasonable. They dont look at book value for anything but vehicles. 

Ahh. It has been awhile I thought it was the same for ohv's as well. Either way it is absolute bullshit anyone is paying taxes on used things because what was the point of the original sales tax lol 

Out here is Alberta, the taxes were paid when it was new. So zero tax on any used vehicle, on or off road.

Edited by Tomas.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

They should have called them Jiffypops, cuz there sure seems to be a bunch of them blowing up.

My bud is a service manager for a Polaris dealer and he said they have only seen one. But he also said Polaris will ship a brand new short block and add a year of warranty if it does blow. So would be good to get one and blow it up on year 3, get a new one and some more warranty! :bc: 

Just now, Anler said:

My bud is a service manager for a Polaris dealer and he said they have only seen one. But he also said Polaris will ship a brand new short block and add a year of warranty if it does blow. So would be good to get one and blow it up on year 3, get a new one and some more warranty! :bc: 

Just seems like i see one daily on Facebook   Thats good of them though to fix it and add the warranty.  I bought my Assault off the Maine Polaris rep, it was his own personal sled.  I wished now I had bought the extra year warranty, cuz first ride out of warranty, it self destructed, and I didnt get a nickels worth of help..    Thats six 2 stroke motor meltdowns for me since 95.  Im kinda down on 2 strokes right now.  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Just seems like i see one daily on Facebook   Thats good of them though to fix it and add the warranty.  I bought my Assault off the Maine Polaris rep, it was his own personal sled.  I wished now I had bought the extra year warranty, cuz first ride out of warranty, it self destructed, and I didnt get a nickels worth of help..    Thats six 2 stroke motor meltdowns for me since 95.  Im kinda down on 2 strokes right now.  :bc: 

I get it. :bc: 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

The 20s are fine. Just temp sensors going to shit and shitty stock rear springs. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The 20s are fine. Just temp sensors going to shit and shitty stock rear springs. :lol:

If I get one it will be an xcr or Pro S Switchback with the pro xc rear suspension. I am keeping the assault because it is just so awesome. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Check out HCS...Krom and Zdumbfuck are creaming themselves over supposed 850 issues. 

And the stupid fuck try's saying you have no life. Sits at home with a couple mutts and cats all day fucking around on forums and FB pages. Don't come much more pathetic then that. 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

If I get one it will be an xcr or Pro S Switchback with the pro xc rear suspension. I am keeping the assault because it is just so awesome. 

Mines so much better now that I got HD springs they should have had in the first place. Polaris is footing the bill nonetheless.